JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots and lots of threads on here on this issue. Could be random, could be a backlogged system, could be lack of SSN on 4473, could be a bad guy with the same name.

crazy. do u have a chl? my BGC seem to go thru pretty quick because of my CHL. all 3 of my FFL buddys have told me theres two lines CHL and non chl. CHL supposedly gets priority according to them.

Personal ID#? On the BGC?
More info please
The 4473 form has a block for such a number. I've never had a problem with a transaction so it's not something I've looked into. Contact your FFL and he should be able to tell you something about it. When I had my FFL they were just starting to use the number but I don't remember what the process was in getting one.

Question 9. Unique Personal Identification Number (UPIN):
For transferees/
buyers approved to have information maintained about them in the FBI NICS
Voluntary Appeal File, NICS will provide them with a UPIN, which the transferee/
buyer should record in question 9. The licensee should provide the UPIN when
conducting background checks through the NICS or the State POC.

Question 9. Unique Personal Identification Number (UPIN):
For transferees/
buyers approved to have information maintained about them in the FBI NICS
Voluntary Appeal File, NICS will provide them with a UPIN, which the transferee/
buyer should record in question 9. The licensee should provide the UPIN when
conducting background checks through the NICS or the State POC.
Bingo!:D:D:D

I suddenly started getting delayed a few years ago. The first time it happened, I had purchased a few AR lowers from a shop that was a bit out of town. It sucked having to wait, then drive all the way back down there again to pick them up. After a few more delays, I got pissed off and looked into getting a UPIN. It was a while ago now and I don't remember all of the details, but at the time, the process for getting a UPIN seemed quite involved and time consuming. I decided that I'd rather put up with the delay. Last purchase, no delay....:confused: I'd still consider getting a UPIN if the process to get one was streamlined.

P.S. I always use my SSN when filling out the 4473.

I'd be willing to do so, but.....
As I said, I've never had the problem, so I haven't done the paperwork. I've not had an FFL for a few years but I do know a few people who found their transfers going much better once they got the number. The World runs on paperwork and sometimes it needs a bit more.

Who are you using for your transfers?
I was delayed a couple of times until I started using a different FFL to do transfers.
It may not be you but the FFL your using. They're not delaying you but them.

I picked up a new Bergara B14 HMR at Tropic Pawn this afternoon. Cleared in less than 2 minutes. Clerk said 'wow, that was fast.' I think it was all of 4-5 minutes when I bought a rifle and handgun at Sporting Systems in downtown Vancouver on a Saturday. It's always puzzled me why some folks with clear records have inordinate delays.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top