Messages
17,563
Reactions
41,698
80% lower? I bought a stripped lower. Same thing?
No, google it and you will see what it is and how it works. Commonly refereed to as ghost guns.
Meantime it really is too late now for you. At this point you will pretty much have to see how the process is going to shake out with the permit system there if you stay in OR. After they come up with some system for that? Try and get one. If that too is delayed only thing you can do it try to get someone at the OSP to speak to you. The way things are backed up right now I would not really hope to much for that but you can try. The UPIN is for the Feds if that is what is holding up your approvals. Again though you at this point do not know if this is the Feds or the state so I would not spend much time on that yet. Meanwhile any criminal scum can just go buy any gun they want. Sadly too many gun owners have not paid attention to what is going on and sat back and let this run. 🤬
 
Messages
40
Reactions
37
No. An 80% lower will get shipped straight to your house. No FFL or background check needed. They are called 80% lowers because they are only 80% milled out and you have to complete the other 20%.

No serial number. No one knows you have it. Etc.
Well that’s a game changer for me. Thanks!
Is it something someone can do with common tools? Difficulty level?
 
Messages
17,563
Reactions
41,698
Well that’s a game changer for me. Thanks!
Is it something someone can do with common tools? Difficulty level?
The ones to make an AR lower are simple with a good jig. Look at 5D
With the AR jig you need a router and vice. Anyone who can follow directions can easily build.
I had not paid any attention to these until they started talking about making them a no go. So bought one to try. Shockingly easy and was fun. I had never put an AR together from the ground up so I bought a book and DVD. Never even used either of them. just youtube and it was super easy
The ones to make a Glock frame are even easier.
 
Messages
40
Reactions
37
Thanks for the link to 5D. Think I’m going to go with their forged anodized lower. The jigs are pretty costly. I’ll worry about that later.
I’m nearly positive I can kiss the one I bought at Sportsman’s goodbye. If by some miracle I do get it, oh no! I have an extra AR. 😆
 
Messages
17,563
Reactions
41,698
Thanks for the link to 5D. Think I’m going to go with their forged anodized lower. The jigs are pretty costly. I’ll worry about that later.
I’m nearly positive I can kiss the one I bought at Sportsman’s goodbye. If by some miracle I do get it, oh no! I have an extra AR. 😆
The jig they make is pricey but its VERY well made. When you get ready to cut use some cutting oil rather than just WD40 and go slowly. You will end up with a lower that works great. Its a lot of fun the first time you build one get it to the range and it just works :D
 

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top