JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
resale colt wins, if you want a reliable accurate gun with a real good trigger out of the bow try a rock island 1911, For the guys who are going to jump in with trash talk dont unless you own one, mine feeds and fires anything you can fit in the mag including hornady hollow points and semi wadcutter reloads. and i'll match the accuracy of any of the pistols mentioned with it, yep it is an inexpensive gun but it WORKS.

I have nothing really terrible to share about the RI I did have. Mine too fed and fired anything even ragged @$$ reloaded JHP. Mine unfortunately was not fitted well resulting in poor accuracy. The barrel only engaged one lug unfortunately. The stock guide rod either was bent when I got it or got bent mysteriously after the first 150 rounds. It still worked but I replaced it with a full length one instead. After more rounds I noticed excessive wear of the frame. It was a good gun for the price (I think I paid $300's for it brand new) but I got rid of it for a reason. It never did fail me but it sure was getting quarky.

And that is all I'm saying about them. They really are cheap but they really do work... for awhile anyways. Glad to hear yours was accurate because mine was not.

Get any COLT XSE series, they're bulletproof and beautiful.
I would agree with that statement. I have the commander sized XSE and it is a very nice firearm. :)

ColtComCom-1.jpg

In my book nothing beats a COLT COMBAT COMMANDER, I carry one in a high-ride holster...With 230 grain "Hydra-Shok" Jacketed Hollow Point Police Issue Ammo...Ask for the Wallet...Get the GUN!!!

I am in the same boat, want a new 45. For me if its a double stack H&K45 or a single colt gold cup. I dont think you can go wrong with any of the firearms mentioned. If the sights were better a RIA would have been purchased at the show this weekend. Glad I dident. My $0.02

I think that it was mentioned a few times, but don't overlook the FNP 45. I really like mine. It shoots very well (better than I can) and feels very good in your hand. Especially when you consider its large size. 14 rounds of .45 ACP is no joke. The recoil is mild and it is one of the most naturally pointable pistols I have fired.

I mentioned in another thread, I took my .45 allowance and picked up an HK p7m8. It was an impulse thing... Anyhow, as chance would have it, I found a deal on an XD .45 tactical. It should be on its way to me shortly :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top