JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the liberal dogma about gun control, why don't we REALLY make a difference?? I propose enacting a Three Strikes Law for Oregon. I do not know how to do it myself, but I would be willing to be a co-sponsor. I have no way to collect enough signatures myself, so need help. Most crimes involving guns, qualify as a felony. But the liberal prosecutors readily allow a plea down to a misdemeanor. This should NOT be allowed, and three felonies should be a life sentence. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Al Vrooman 541-660-1643, [email protected]

They would have to start prosecuting the first one to start with.

After 3 felonies, they should be put down, not permanently housed on the dime of those who decide not to seek a career in criminality.

Also, I don't see WTF this has to do with "gun control". It has nothing to do with punishing the criminals, instead it's about punishing the political opposition. An unarmed society is an easy to control society.

Last Edited:
With all the liberal dogma about gun control, why don't we REALLY make a difference?? I propose enacting a Three Strikes Law for Oregon. I do not know how to do it myself, but I would be willing to be a co-sponsor. I have no way to collect enough signatures myself, so need help. Most crimes involving guns, qualify as a felony. But the liberal prosecutors readily allow a plea down to a misdemeanor. This should NOT be allowed, and three felonies should be a life sentence. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Al Vrooman 541-660-1643, [email protected]
I may be mistaken, but I believe "3 strikes" laws have been overturned in the past as unconstitutional.

Last Edited:
They would have to start prosecuting the first one to start with.

After 3 felonies, they should be put down, not permanently housed on the dime of those who decide not to seek a career in criminality.

Also, I don't see WTF this has to do with "gun control". It has nothing to do with punishing the criminals, instead it's about punishing the political opposition. An unarmed society is an easy to control society.
BINGO!!!

dude...? what? i dont even want to ask, but i guess ill try to give the benefit of the doubt that youre not a classist, statist, commie asshat and can be reasoned with..... so, what problem do you think this addresses and how does it solve it?

Last Edited:
dude...? what? i dont even want to ask, but i guess ill try to give the benefit of the doubt that youre not a classist, statist, commie asshat and can be reasoned with..... so, what problem do you think this addresses and how does it solve it?
Wow, what a mouthful. It would seek to solve the same issues that IP 17&18 purport to 'solve'. What would those be?? It is just an idea that has worked in the past, in jurisdictions where it was implemented. What is YOUR solution to the issues addressed by 17&18??? Other than to make criminals out of Joe Homeowner, that just happens to own a semi-auto firearm, and has committed no crime whatsoever??

We need ideas, what is yours?? Criminals should be the ones to pay for their misdeeds. Not the rest of us.

I may mistaken, but I believe "3 strikes" laws have been overturned in the past as unconstitutional.
Maybe not go for a 'life' sentence. A 10 or 20 year enhancement may be sufficient to curtail a lot of crimes. IP17&18 are unconstitutional. but you can bet they will be prosecuted, until they are overturned.

Wow, what a mouthful. It would seek to solve the same issues that IP 17&18 purport to 'solve'. What would those be?? It is just an idea that has worked in the past, in jurisdictions where it was implemented. What is YOUR solution to the issues addressed by 17&18??? Other than to make criminals out of Joe Homeowner, that just happens to own a semi-auto firearm, and has committed no crime whatsoever??

We need ideas, what is yours?? Criminals should be the ones to pay for their misdeeds. Not the rest of us.
once again:

1. what is the problem youre trying to solve
2. how would this solve it

once again:

Can't speak for the OP but I would VERY much love to see the scum locked up. Most of the problems we have with scum are people who have LONG criminal records. Many of them are far younger than my kids and have racked up an impressive resume of crime. Yet they were out on the streets making more victims. For those who choose to not be part of society set up camps to keep them in. I would say let them live in the same kind of housing and have the same food Military gets and no more. Good enough for troops? Good enough for them.

Can't speak for the OP but I would VERY much love to see the scum locked up. Most of the problems we have with scum are people who have LONG criminal records. Many of them are far younger than my kids and have racked up an impressive resume of crime. Yet they were out on the streets making more victims. For those who choose to not be part of society set up camps to keep them in. I would say let them live in the same kind of housing and have the same food Military gets and no more. Good enough for troops? Good enough for them.
but "the scum" isn't an identifiable group in the real world, only in your mind. "most of the problems" are likewise. i think this is your perception based on nothing more than things you've seen on whichever particular brand of media you follow.

i'm looking for specifics here - actual arguable points. so if the OP has some actual evidence, other than unsubstantial opinion, we can debate those.. absent that, this cant be anything more than tossing out catch-phrases.

and this is how ineffective, inhumane, and surely unconstitutional laws get enacted. "sure seems like!"

once again:

OK, we are trying to solve the problem of 'gun violence'. Isn't that what IP17&18 are trying to solve?? If not-what is their purpose??

The idea would be to remove criminals from society so they could not commit repeated 'gun violence'. Without the need to make Joe Homeowner a 'criminal'.

Thanks for your continued interest.

but "the scum" isn't an identifiable group in the real world, only in your mind. "most of the problems" are likewise. i think this is your perception based on nothing more than things you've seen on whichever particular brand of media you follow.

i'm looking for specifics here - actual arguable points. so if the OP has some actual evidence, other than unsubstantial opinion, we can debate those.. absent that, this cant be anything more than tossing out catch-phrases.

and this is how ineffective, inhumane, and surely unconstitutional laws get enacted. "sure seems like!"
Scum for me is super easy. They pick up some scum, have him on video committing a crime, convict him. If this is say his 5th, 6th, or so time of being convicted? He has showed me he is scum and no longer wants to be part of society. So he should be put where he can live with his kind for the rest of his life and not make more victims. Surprising at how hard this is for some to understand. Public education I guess. :(

OK, we are trying to solve the problem of 'gun violence'. Isn't that what IP17&18 are trying to solve?? If not-what is their purpose??

The idea would be to remove criminals from society so they could not commit repeated 'gun violence'. Without the need to make Joe Homeowner a 'criminal'.

Thanks for your continued interest.
thanks for indulging me

before we go any farther, though.... there is a problem with gun violence? how's this problem quantified?

Scum for me is super easy. They pick up some scum, have him on video committing a crime, convict him. If this is say his 5th, 6th, or so time of being convicted? He has showed me he is scum and no longer wants to be part of society. So he should be put where he can live with his kind for the rest of his life and not make more victims. Surprising at how hard this is for some to understand. Public education I guess. :(
wait... so YOU (and whatever educational and vocational experiential authority you possess) are able to look at a criminal and the social harm he's done to the society he's a part of, and determine what his fate ought to be..... but a literal JUDGE cannot?

we have judges for a reason, and they've gone to a lot of school and spent a lot of time in practice of the law before they ever get to be judges.

we have 2.something million people incarcerated in this country - that's more than any other nation in the world, and i don't just mean percapita - i mean straight numbers. not even communist china or neo-soviet russia come anywhere close. if throwing people in prison actually fixed crime, shouldn't we be a bubbleguming utopia by now?

thanks for indulging me

before we go any farther, though.... there is a problem with gun violence? how's this problem quantified?
That could best be answered by'Rev' Walter Knutsen, of St Augustana Lutheran Church, the main sponsor of IP17&18. He can be reached at his church at 503-288-6174. (to moderator: phone is a publicly advertised business number)

I hope others will ask that question before they sign his petition.

That could best be answered by'Rev' Walter Knutsen, of St Augustana Lutheran Church, the main sponsor of IP17&18. He can be reached at his church at 503-288-6174. (to moderator: phone is a publicly advertised business number)

I hope others will ask that question before they sign his petition.
of the many productive and just ways to respond to bullshįt, making new draconian laws isnt one. lets not respond to bs with more bs.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews