JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking specifically on the pocket of an AR-15 80% lower I will be milling. I know many will say just to leave it bare but there's something in my completionist nature that wants to do something more. A couple of reasons I'm considering this is that I already have some POR-15 and I can brush it on. Otherwise for something like Aluma-Hyde or other sprays, I would have to mask off everything but the pocket. I don't know which would actually be easier/better but I think brushing may be.

I'm thinking specifically on the pocket of an AR-15 80% lower I will be milling. I know many will say just to leave it bare but there's something in my completionist nature that wants to do something more. A couple of reasons I'm considering this is that I already have some POR-15 and I can brush it on. Otherwise for something like Aluma-Hyde or other sprays, I would have to mask off everything but the pocket. I don't know which would actually be easier/better but I think brushing may be.
POR15 hates heat.
It will peel and sludge up on you.
Not too sure it will do well with bore cleaners, etc.

I use the stuff regularly restoring vehicles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top