JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a few 2-3 semi-automatic pistols that need tune-ups and some parts installed - all stuff I'd rather hire an experienced pro to do.

Members here offered two recommendations a couple years ago. I reached out to both shops (email and voicemail) - nothing but crickets chirping. Might've been due to the plague in full swing, or maybe they were just too busy to respond. I was hoping for something more ...professional.

Would certainly prefer out west (like Hillsboro, Beaverton or Tigard) if possible, but anywhere in the Portland area (or beyond) will work.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate any leads.

While I don't have first hand experience, a friend of mine had a gunsmith in Tigard install some trigger parts to upgrade a couple handguns. I recall him mentioning he was pleased with the results and it didn't take very long. I think this was the shop. I went by once to check it out after I was aware they were open but was unable to connect with them, so if you wanted to go that route, I would try to contact them before stopping by.

I've got a few 2-3 semi-automatic pistols that need tune-ups and some parts installed - all stuff I'd rather hire an experienced pro to do.

Members here offered two recommendations a couple years ago. I reached out to both shops (email and voicemail) - nothing but crickets chirping. Might've been due to the plague in full swing, or maybe they were just too busy to respond. I was hoping for something more ...professional.

Would certainly prefer out west (like Hillsboro, Beaverton or Tigard) if possible, but anywhere in the Portland area (or beyond) will work.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate any leads.
The go-to (and who I'm assuming you reached out to) was Brimstone Gunsmithing in Camas. They lost their lease back in November and last stated that they were looking to reopen sometime this year, but with the way the political winds are falling I don't know if that's still the plan. They were a great shop, so if that's who you reached out to, I wouldn't hold it against them as they are technically closed right now.

If I recall Brimstone has a long lead time, and it is his side gig. He is a roofer for a living now.
Allison and Carey
And Limitless America in Washougal.
Let me know makes and models and what exactly needs done. I can see if I can run through the shop, we do not do quotes over the phone, text or e-mail. The firearm will need to come in before I get you a price. As everyone and their mom says "oh it's just a screw that needs to be replace". But it ends up being a whole thing.
Last week, had a customer say it's just a barrel replacement on an AR. But the previous person red loctited the shizzle out of the barrel nut and put loctite between the barrel and receiver to bed it. Spent more time heating and cleaning it up then actually servicing it.

Thanks guys, I'll try both of yours. The two most recommended biggies up until now must be too busy to answer phones or return calls from my repeat voicemails.

Last Edited:
Todd Koonce in Salem and Tim Copeland in Estacada both answered my voicemails. And they're the same distance from here. I'll flip a coin and report back here once the job is done.

Thanks for the leads.

Jeremy at Lucky Sporting Goods is a great guy, and I highly recommend.

Wooster Armory, the new gun shop/range, has a gunsmith on staff Tuesdays through Saturdays, and it's Alan who used to be a manager at A Cut Above. I'm going to try them out on Tuesday for a small job and see how it goes. I've always had good interactions with Alan (and everyone else at A Cut Above)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top