JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm thinking specifically on the pocket of an AR-15 80% lower I will be milling. I know many will say just to leave it bare but there's something in my completionist nature that wants to do something more. A couple of reasons I'm considering this is that I already have some POR-15 and I can brush it on. Otherwise for something like Aluma-Hyde or other sprays, I would have to mask off everything but the pocket. I don't know which would actually be easier/better but I think brushing may be.

I'm thinking specifically on the pocket of an AR-15 80% lower I will be milling. I know many will say just to leave it bare but there's something in my completionist nature that wants to do something more. A couple of reasons I'm considering this is that I already have some POR-15 and I can brush it on. Otherwise for something like Aluma-Hyde or other sprays, I would have to mask off everything but the pocket. I don't know which would actually be easier/better but I think brushing may be.
POR15 hates heat.
It will peel and sludge up on you.
Not too sure it will do well with bore cleaners, etc.

I use the stuff regularly restoring vehicles.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top