JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Diana is the Senior Congresswoman from Colorado, who has been actively pursuing gun control legislation for years, yet she doesn't have any real understanding of how they work.

Rep. Diana DeGette appears not to understand how guns work

“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

“...The Congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years, and has been deeply involved in the issue..."

To quote the esteemed B. Bunny: "Whatta maroon"

"The Congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years, and has been deeply involved in the issue; she simply misspoke in referring to 'magazines' when she should have referred to 'clips,' which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism," Johnson said. "Quite frankly, this is just another example of opponents of common-sense gun violence prevention trying to manipulate the facts to distract from the critical issue of keeping our children safe and keeping killing machines out of the hands of disturbed individuals. It’s more political gamesmanship that stands in the way of responsible solutions."

Clips are commonly reused. Maybe her spokeswoman misspoke too.

This isn't manipulating facts. She should have an understanding of what legislation she's advocating will actually do. In the absence of that, emotional pleas and hyperbole will have to suffice.

Self-defense?? Haha, you'll probably shoot yourself. What's that? You're a Korea veteran? I know, it's a very difficult situation over there.

iNlVJRI.jpg

So she was referring to clips instead of magazines. Fine. Most people who use ARs and AKs don't use clips to reload their magazines. Has there been a single instance where a killer had to stop firing to recharge a magazine rather than bringing a bag full of pre-charged mags? So how would this do anything? And has anyone ever even seen a high capacity clip? Who in their right mind would even try to manufacture one? I bet this lady would let her auto mechanic set her hospital's medical policy.

She has been in congress since 1997. She has been crusading against guns for years and never once bothered to learn about the enemy? Ridiculous!

An idiot who gets to make decisions that control your life... I'm completely amazed that Colorado was electing libtards like this back in 1997. Today, I kind of expect it, but back then?

Looks like a bunch of winners in the CO congress. Watched some of the forum video at the bottom of the article. A CO sheriff immediately after Rep DeGette argues for magazine ownership and asks why a 15 round maximum. Rep Perlmutter's response? Because 15 is 15 less than 30. Then he states the 15 round limit is an arbitrary number, but that he feels it is good because nobody would probably need anything more. He also thinks an AR is a WMD.

It gets even better when she addresses a senior citizen about defending himself: Dem Rep To Senior Citizen: Don't Defend Yourself From Criminals, 'You?d Probably Be Dead Anyway'

Not unlike our own Ginny Burdick!, but wait this woman actually allowed one of the little people to ask her an unrehearsed question. Shows them your a big person.
She has that standard "I'm smarter than you, what a stupid question" smerk on her face that liberals in power get when asked questions against their ideology.
So dismissive, she doesn't even pretend to have an open mind! Anything outside the teachings spoon fed to her by some communist professor or liberal parent
is so alien to her. I'm sure she associates only with like minded people that see the world her way.These arrogant self important state politicians are spreading like
a cancer across the country. Gun control is tough nut to crack for them and if they succeed America as we know it is lost!

WRITE, CALL, SHOW UP, TELL OTHERS, BE HEARD!

actually i find that offensive on the grounds that it compared liberals to those with mental disabilities (namely mental retar dation). those with mental retar dation deserve the respect of others and liberals should not be granted such respect, when they do not give that respect to others.

(the word is separated because the filter denies the word, and to be clear i use the word to give respect not to take it away.)

There is so much it going around it sure seems like stupid is contagious these days.

It's tough enough dealing with my own stupidity. Having to deal with this level of stupidity from lawmakers is enough to make me start barking and chase my tail.

I dunno,... I find this statement rather scary:
the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”
She may turn out to be more prophetic than stupid if ammo supplies don't come back to pre-crazy levels.

And before you fire up the flamethrower, yes I know magazines and clips are reloadable. And yes it does appear that she believes they are not.

But her claim that "no more bullets will be available" is at least partially true at the moment, and the idea that through taxation schemes, the U.N. treaty, and U.S. agencies placing massive orders for ammo, it may never return to the level(s) of price and availability we have previously enjoyed.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top