JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Kept hearing great things about the new Taurus GX4. It was cheap enough so I bought one as a back up to my P365.

Took it out for its first run today.... first mag, 8 rounds in, the extractor blew off! Checked the brass, it was fine, no blow out. Just awesome Taurus quality.

Take way... you buy a new carry piece, test it at least 500 rounds before you bet your life on it. For those first 8 rounds, it shot great, perfect center mass shots, but even when I get this back, I won't be carrying it.

2PUO2yk.jpg

Last Edited:
Kept hearing great things about the new Taurus GX4. It was cheap enough so I bought one as a back up to my P365.

Took it out for its first run today.... first mag, 8 rounds, the extractor blew off! Checked the brass, it was fine, so no blow out. Just awesome Taurus quality.

Take way... you buy a new carry piece, test it at least 500 rounds before you bet your life on it. Even when I get this back, I won't be carrying it.

View attachment 1164963
I had a Ruger spit the firing pin at me lol..

I have always been a Taurus hater, but I was told I sounded like hypocrite so I thought I would give the GX4 a try based on the glowing reviews.

Apparently, I was right to hate Taurus, and I can now say I put it to the test and can first hand genuinely say... TAURUS INDEED SUCKS!

Last Edited:
My buddy's DB9 blew up in his hand. DB replaced it.
My Taurus 85 cracked the forcing cone on it's first cylinder load. Taurus replaced it.
We've all heard the sayings… "lifetime warranty, because you'll need it," or "friends don't let friends buy Taurus", but at some level you have to understand that you generally get what you pay for.

I have always been a Taurus hater, but I was told I sounded like hypocrite so I thought I would give the GX4 a try based on the glowing reviews.

Apparently, I was right to hate Taurus, and I can now say I put it to the test and can first hand genuinely say... TAURUS INDEED SUCKS!
I had one Taurus in my life and was a little snubby 357 it was damn accurate! The issue was when you shot 38 spc it worked fine when you shot 357 mag it would skip cylinders. I gave it a chance but sold it and don't need to have my life depend on Saturday night specials

What did we learn about buying cheap guns today, class?
I've had Glock G43 fail on the first time out.. I have watched a friend's new Ruger LCP fail to fire due to the trigger disconnecting.

Some brands... Taurus... fail more than others.

The lesson was, test your new carry piece, not be a brand whore.

I had a Charter Arms .44 special Bulldog revolver fall into pieces on the third round. The hammer actually fell out and into a mud puddle. The Charter Arms Pathfinder .22 revolver I bought at the same time didn't fall into pieces. But it only felt like firing part of the time. Obvious light primer strikes.

I had a new Colt Anaconda. 44 mag decide to let its firing pin break on the third round. So neither paying pretty high end nor the Colt name, nor the fact it was a revolver saved me from a gun failure.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top