JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Democracy and freedom are distinct phenomena. Persons interested in their own wellbeing and the health of civilization should champion freedom, which entails limits to what majorities can command or force. Otherwise voters--in inevitable moments of fear, ignorance, cruelty, envy, or idiocy--can easily plunder, restrict, or disarm their neighbors, as they frequently do. (I know money and patronage enter heavily into matters as well--as in Bill Gates' contributions to the 594 campaign, for example.) Thanks for letting me share. I'm done now. Best wishes to all.

That's why I get sad when people say "congress is broken"...its not broken it is doing exactly what it is suppose to do....laws are suppose to take time and thought before being implemented. We currently live in a society where "we have to do something now!!".

Only if it's bubblegumming grape bubblegum...

(Yes it's typed out that way)

I'm not asking who will break the law, but does anyone on here actually intend to comply with 594?

Only those whose firearms weren't tragically lost in a boating accident last summer... I bet that the entire bottom of Molon Lake is completely covered in steel by now...

Democracy is a free and fair election. Oregon hasn't had democracy since they went to the mail in ballot. Again it isn't the votes that count but who counts the votes. Good luck guys.

I'm not asking who will break the law, but does anyone on here actually intend to comply with 594?

It will slowly become forced compliance. Any firearm you buy from here on out will always be traced to you.
If you are pulled over by a police officer for a traffic infraction and he asks to secure your firearm...you better believe that he is writing down that serial number thus forever linking you to that firearm. Same with game wardens....when they check your shotgun to check for compliance with hunting laws or if you ever use it in self defense,even if you don't fire a shot. Watch for sting operations in the near future, you know to catch "bad guys" "running" guns illegally. Its only going to get easier for them and harder for us. The form 4473 is de facto registration. If its just background checks then why do they need to know the serial number of the firearm.

It is a horrible horrible mess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads