JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looking at NY realize that the left is willing to kill to get cigarette tax money. The country is 18 trillion in debt so they have to turn our police forces into revenue collectors. They are taxing gun transfers, healthcare and everything else that they can think of. When it doesn't work to tax us then they will either steal it all under communism or default on the debt and crash the system.

It is going to get interesting.o_O

Not that I like it, but one aspect of the make, model, and serial info being taken is to run the firearm against the stolen guns database.
There is a separate process for that. Do we also run a check on other items to verify they aren't stolen? How about refrigerators, lawn tractors, TVs, ammunition?

Before anyone brings up vehicles, the reason that a check is so easy is that they're registered, and the state knows the location and owner of every single one. If you move your residence, and don't change the location status, the state will levy fines against you. Has nothing to do with being stolen, it's about having boot heels to throats!

I don't mean to be singling out anyone in particular, just pointing out what happens when we begin to feed the wolves an innocent looking morsel.

Let's not confuse my wife's right to keep and drive the new car with the 2A. A background check is made on the person and not the firearm, so the specific firearm is not relevant (noting that NFA follows a different process) and should not be recorded. That information would go on a bill of sale, but that should be between the seller (professional or private if desired) and buyer and not the State.

If you don't check to make sure that a firearm hasn't been involved in a crime or stolen (and therefore subject to confiscation) that's your risk to take no different than any other property. One of my brothers bought a used truck through a dealership several years ago and it turned out later to be stolen. The truck was confiscated and returned to it's rightful owner. My brother got to keep the loan.

There is a separate process for that. Do we also run a check on other items to verify they aren't stolen? How about refrigerators, lawn tractors, TVs, ammunition?

Before anyone brings up vehicles, the reason that a check is so easy is that they're registered, and the state knows the location and owner of every single one. If you move your residence, and don't change the location status, the state will levy fines against you. Has nothing to do with being stolen, it's about having boot heels to throats!

I don't mean to be singling out anyone in particular, just pointing out what happens when we begin to feed the wolves an innocent looking morsel.

Oh, I wasn't implying that I thought it was a good thing, not at all. I've chaffed MIGHTILY over that info being supplied every time I've bought through a FFL.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top