JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, lets see if we can't fix this...
- did you look in hall closet?
- under the sofa?
- when do you remember the last time you actually used it?
- Maybe it's in the car, maybe with your car keys?
- Did you forget you let someone else use it?
- Checked your pockets?
- You know how the dog always takes thing, check his bed?
- How about your tool box?
- Pants pockets...the ones in the laundry?

- Oh well, if you give up, or you'll never find what you're looking for.

Last Edited:
Good lord! If ya' don't like it, GO AWAY! PLEASE! For some bizarre reason I have to keep reading threads like this? But that's my own problem....Maybe I should start bubblegumin' and complaining that Joe is ruining my life? Wait a minute :s0153: I have more of a life than just NWFA. Cool! :s0139:

I've had ONE post deleted for content. While I didn't think it was a terrible post, I could have taken a higher road like a 41 year old adult should. And I'm ok with the post getting scrubbed. This site is still my homepage on my browser. I like guns and stuff. :D

Nah, I have no dog in this fight, nor am I concerned about people's 1st amendment here. It seems to me, almost all members can express their opinions. The trick is to express your opinion in a way that flies under the moderators' radar and still gets your message across. (Hint: avoid vulgar language; don't resort to ad hominem; post in the proper forum location; and if you're going to lambaste someone politically, substantiate claims.)
As far as 'must be a contributing member,' you may think it extortion, I say it's contributing to the site so there can be such a censor free zone. I look at it from this perspective: if this were my site, and people wanted a forum where they could slug it out, I'd say, "pay for entry, put your money where your mouth is, and if you don't like it, 'eff off. Why? Because I incur risk and liability for the crud you, as a user, write on my site. Consider it contribution to my legal defense fund."
There's really not a restriction here: everything's a choice, and nothing is free.
If it was important to me to express my opinion in the pit, I would buy cheaper wine, shoot less, or not buy that box of bullets that I won't need for another year. I recognize fully, not all members have the same level of discretionary spending, and many are on severely limited incomes, a.k.a social security or some retirements.
Do I agree with the OP and think the site lost something or was sanitized? NO. Do I think Joe Link and the moderators modified the rules to maintain civility and alter the formation of cliques? YES. I have been on sites where they were highly cliquish, which drove many people away, and when the members of the cliques lost interest and stopped visiting, the site died.

IMHO, Joe and the mods have been doing a great job. In addition to the firearms sections, there is a considerable amount of political activism that takes place in these pages, and I believe it is a great service to our community. Keep up the good work.

For those that feel that history passed them by and they want to relive the days when rude, crude, and socially unacceptable were considered positive attributes, there are other forums that fit the bill. Just be aware that there won't be the polite responses that you get here.

Methinks I am being trolled a bit by the original poster... No Matter....

Anyone who comes to a gun forum to talk about politics is a Mustang owner at the Corvette Museum. Out of place and unaware or attempting to pick a fight.

We come here to talk about guns, gun stuff, new ways to shoot guns, ways that shooting guns is fun, places to shoot guns, places to buy guns, where to get training on guns..... I am detecting a common theme here....

I talk as little politics here as possible so that I can talk guns even more... I would counsel our original poster to do the same.

I'm not going to take the time to rehash this again, it can all be found here and here. It looks like a few in this thread need to re-read what was wrote both there and in the rules. Firearm-related discussion is not prohibited, as @etrain16 pointed out.

While we've seen some long time members go elsewhere, we've also seen many long time members return. We're also seeing many new people around here. Given the more welcoming and respectful nature of the forum, I couldn't be more happy about this.

Excuse me while I rant here a minute.

Regarding the finances of this site, I've been completely honest with everyone. It shouldn't bother me when people say things like this, but it does. I work between 40-50 hours on NWFA each and every week in addition to a part time job. Even @Cogs was surprised when I told him my income. With Portland's booming tech industry I could easily sell NWFA tomorrow and get a job making 2-3 times my current income, but I don't. Supporting the firearm community here in the Northwest is a purpose and a passion for me, money doesn't make me happy.

While this makes me extremely uncomfortable, I hope this will put this to bed once and for all. Maybe one day I'll make a wage from NWFA I can live on, raise a family, etc. but that sure isn't going to happen on $6.88/hr.

View attachment 293809
Never suggested you were getting rich or greedy but nothing wrong if you did make a living on it for your troubles or even more.
I hope you do get rich on it some day!:s0155:
The point I was trying to make was on the difficulty of running a site like this in a region like this. Much appreciated!

If they they are looking for the childish, divisive banter that is found on craigslist or bookface then that's where they should look. I rather like this site as it is. Nothing wrong with moderators moderating. Perhaps those complaining should go start their own website. Believe you me, I wouldn't normally join any clubs that would have me as a member but these guys are alright.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top