JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This forum lost something important when the administrator arbitrarily decided that news and shared information relating to anti gun candidates, legislation, executive orders and actions are not pertinent subjects for a firearms forum.

This forum lost something important when the administrator arbitrarily decided that news and shared information relating to anti gun candidates, legislation, executive orders and actions are not pertinent subjects for a firearms forum.

What are you talking about? There has been plenty of talk about anti-gun candidates and legislation. Have you read through the threads in the political section lately? Heck, there was even a list of pro and anti gun candidates listed before the primary. You sure you've actually been reading the threads here? Your comment certainly doesn't reflect what's being discussed here daily.

How about these threads:

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/val-hoyle-loses-the-primary.220163/#post-1448061

<broken link removed>

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...-big-from-bloomberg-for-passing-sb941.219697/

Seems to me like some pretty strongly worded opinions about anti-gun politicians are actively being shared still. Maybe you can't bash certain groups or people, but anti-gun political discussions, stories, etc., are not off limits.

Last Edited:
It is now a politically correct forum where nothing but good and happy thoughts are allowed. Plus it's jerky and frustrating as hell with all the ad's.

This is weren the problem really exists. It's all about being PC and Censorship. ( have you noticed the diappearing threads or threads being locked by admin.)
Earlier today I was wondering
If it's still really owned by the site developer because it's definitely not the site I signed up to 4 yrs ago. ( for the worse) Now it's a bunch of pussies!! I don't financialy support it anymore because of it plus with all the ads you shouldn't be asked to help financially in the beginning there weren't any ads that's why we helped support it and when he wanted to do a upgrade people donated money to pay for it. I know I personally don't spent as much time here as I used to and I'm seeking other sites out as before I only came here!

Stacy

I think the forum is great and well moderated. There's plenty of political talk here, but most of it is about guns and shooting which is exactly what I want.

There are lots of forums for politics. I reckon you can have those discussions there

The aspect of the forum that got (in my view) out of hand was using any piece of information or news as the excuse to stereotypically broad-brush politicos and groups. It still goes on to a lesser degree, but is a lot better than before.

I'm here to learn and share experiences about equipment, maintenance, shooting skills and tactics. I'm fine with anybody raising our awareness about a specific legislator sponsoring bills that infringe on 2A, that helps us and is useful.

But. Stuff like, "hey speaking of flat tires, that (name of politician) sure is an idiot and crooked tyrant" is just bumper-sticker jingoism that doesn't provide anything instructional or positive. There are certain gun forums which gleefully wallow in that kind of thing (cough-Glock-cough-Talk-ahem,) so long as your political ideology is in line with theirs.

So I'd respectfully suggest, people seeking that kind of exercise can go there for that.

Have you considered starting your own interWez forum? Let us know so we can come over and really say what we want like liberals Suk and nay gurs are the problem and so are the joooze.

I hear people complain about crap all the time...for example, helping the less fortunate, and yet, not a dime leaves their pocket to help PDX rescue mission or anything else. Not a dollar extra is added to their IRS bill to support what they complain about. It's all about how "they" won't let me do what I want and say what I want in "their" house on "their dime"...First World Problems in living color right here.

This is weren the problem really exists. It's all about being PC and Censorship. ( have you noticed the diappearing threads or threads being locked by admin.)
If it's still really owned by the site developer because it's definitely not the site I signed up to 4 yrs ago. ( for the worse) Now it's a bunch of pussies!! I don't financialy support it anymore because of it plus with all the ads you shouldn't be asked to help financially in the beginning there weren't any ads that's why we helped support it and when he wanted to do a upgrade people donated money to pay for it. I know I personally don't spent as much time here as I used to and I'm seeking other sites out as before I only came here!

Stacy

Plenty of respectful discourse here. "Respectful" being the key word here.

It is now a politically correct forum where nothing but good and happy thoughts are allowed. Plus it's jerky and frustrating as hell with all the ad's.

I don't know if either one of you noticed how many new members are actually coming on board and getting into discussions? I see THAT as a good thing! Before new members were afraid, after reading for awhile, to join and participate on the forum.

But here's the best news! If you think it's gone that bad? You are completely free to not participate! How's that for freedom?

If it's still really owned by the site developer because it's definitely not the site I signed up to 4 yrs ago. ( for the worse) Now it's a bunch of pussies!!

The ONLY thing I notice has changed is that the sometimes excessive and nasty name calling and personal attacks on members has lessened considerably. The political discussion here is still very much alive, with pointed remarks toward anti-gun politicians still intact. @Mikej is spot on - it's more respectful between members now. Is that really a bad thing?

This is a private business, owned and operated by one man, who has managed to create the largest forum on guns and gun rights in the entire Northwest. Who, if anyone, has done as much to bring gun owners in the Northwest to one spot to talk about guns and to keep informed on the attacks on our rights? I can't think of anyone.

If what you're missing is the ability to call people names, then yes, this won't be the forum for you.

The political crap is staying in the political sections where it belongs. It gives me the choice of what I want to participate in. When I don't want to depress myself with the politics of the day, I stay out of the political sections. When I care to get riled up, I know where to go.

Gentlemen, allow me to use this analogy. It is very much like concealed carry on private property. The owner of the property has the right to ask you to not engage in certain behavior and to ask you to leave if you do. You have the right not to frequent that property if you disagree with the restrictions. Same thing here, you have every right to go sign up and participate elsewhere.

Frankly I think the threads started about we don't like this and we can't do this and I'm taking my ball and going home are getting old. But guess what? I have the right to ignore them, which is what I plan on doing with this on. Right about now...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...rature-denying-climate-change#comment-7587687

The owners of this site must be proud.

Censorship of any form leads to the above.

No ands ifs or buts, this is always the end result when humans decide they know better than you..

I am in dialog with wade to get all my posts and any presence of myself removed and if I have to go down the list one by one I will..

Freedom of the 2nd while crushing the 1st?

Please

Ps we are doomed

Last Edited:
I am a relative newby to our forum. As another poster put it- if I want politics I can go read the political threads. Mostly I am here to learn all I can about firearms sports in our Northwest. For that this forum has been a huge hit with me. We have IMHO some amazing posts AND they are done in a respectful manner. Through this forum I have discovered new shooting areas, seen new firearms, laughed at members' hijinks and shared our mutual concerns about 2A issues. In the past I have quietly left other firearms forums that descended into a nasty pattern of personal insults and and pointless harangues. One day I hope to meet some of our forum members in person at local ranges. That could be fun to connect faces with forum personalities. Best wishes to all. Don't ever forget that even a gentle 500lb gorilla can sleep anywhere it wants to. Peace through strength and humane discourse. Thanks.

To me it is pretty simple you don't own it you don't get to make rules. I am on someone else's site I will either follow the rules or leave. I thought of all places that ownership might have some meaning here

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...rature-denying-climate-change#comment-7587687

The owners of this site must be proud.

Censorship of any form leads to the above.

No ands ifs or buts, this is always the end result when humans decide they know better than you..

I am in dialog with wade to get all my posts and any presence of myself removed and if I have to go down the list one by one I will..

Freedom of the 2nd while crushing the 1st?

Please

Something I learned about crying over my troubles to others.

90% of the people don't care about your problems.
And the other 10% are glad you have them. ;)

Last Edited:
Everyone with the argument that the owners of this site have every right to censor anything they want is totally true and I am not arguing that. But on this site, by paid members I read that the gun free zones don't pertain to them and they walk right into the place of business anyway. How is this different?

Gun free zones are a travesty, dangerous and easy targets for murderers.

Heavily censored websites are setting the precedence of what is to follow..

In my mind a heavily censored website is no different than a gun free zone..

It is setting a dangerous example.

Everyone with the argument that the owners of this site have every right to censor anything they want is totally true and I am not arguing that. But on this site, by paid members I read that the gun free zones don't pertain to them and they walk right into the place of business anyway. How is this different?

Gun free zones are a travesty, dangerous and easy targets for murderers.

Heavily censored websites are setting the precedence of what is to follow..

In my mind a heavily censored website is no different than a gun free zone..

It is setting a dangerous example.

How is this different?

Gun free Zone's are public places.

You are in Joe's house! ;)

For the sake of long good byes, given the drive and direction, points are valid. They need to be versed. There have been a lot of good points worth mention. Just not here when it becomes judge or be judged. People are guided by their own judgements, and beliefs.

Roll with it

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads