JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went out shooting today.
I had a failure to eject around 20rds into firing the gun. I checked the malfunction and saw the round had a large dent in the casing. Right before the lip of the bullet. Then I inspected the mag. Found that the mag cracked right above the feed. (Note Picture).
This P-Mag 9mm 28rds has maybe had 200rds put through it. I was using my Foxtrot Mike Products FMP-9.
I've never had an issue with P Mags. 5.56 or 9mm.
This happen to anybody else?

20211016_162039.jpg

Yep, called Magpul and they sent a replacement. It was a first Gen Glock pmag. I kept the follower, spring, floor plate and tossed the body.

Open a convo with Magpul customer service and show them the pic.
I'll bet they send you a new one.

Agree with the above poster, OEM Glock mags are cheap and they are better (steel liners) than any of the aftermarket mags.

P mags are not cheap. There are so many cheaper mags then Magpul. But thanks for the constructive criticism 😉
Yeah maybe he was thinking of Promag, I've never used any 9mm Magpul Mags but have several in 556 (my preffered magazine in this caliber) , and 7.62x39 (for AK Mags i like the palm US With the steel reinforcements but have never had any issu with my Pmags)

From what others are saying sounds like they'll replace it, but I'd be hesitant to use for anything other then just a range toy.

Thanks for the info, update us on magpuls response and how well the replacement holds up.

I've had several 5.56 2nd gen P-Mags crack. Allegedly they fixed the problem on the 3rd gens. I prefer metal mags for rifles. I've got a few of their Glock mags and haven't had any trouble yet, but only have a few hundred rounds through each, so can't really say for sure yet. I wouldn't use them for "real" but they're fine for training purposes.

I've had several 5.56 2nd gen P-Mags crack...
Have several hundred gen 2's, haven't had any crack, nor taken any out of service for any other reason either.

Would have no concern over using them "for real".

Not a recommendation on what anyone else should or shouldn't use, just personal observation & reasonably heavy use.

Have several hundred gen 2's, haven't had any crack, nor taken any out of service for any other reason either.

Not a recommendation on what anyone else should or shouldn't use, just personal observation & reasonably heavy use.
I like AR Pmags.
Approved for use by the Marine Corps. so that's a good recommendation.

Glock OEM mags are so robust and cheap.
I never saw the need to use Glock Pmags.

I am using my G2 Pmags for range use. I keep the covers on as well so they could be used in an emergency. I am using G3 PMags and Okay Surefeed or NHMTG. The NHMTG ones are Okay magazines but sold to civilians as NHMTG at the time.

HK mags have me convinced sub $20 and plastic is, in fact, cheap. Frankly, I own a couple Magpul Glock mags and I'm underwhelmed by the quality when I hold them. It's just better to spend the money and buy the Glock brand for a few dollars more. Though in general Magpul makes a reliable product, it's still unreinforced plastic

Good for you. Perhaps you're lucky. Or maybe I'm unlucky. Just to be clear, the "for real" part was about the pistol mags, not rifle.

I have all sorts of aftermarket magazines. Some are good and some are not. I have Magpuls for 3 different guns. In two cases, the factory mags broke or bent feed lips when dropped while full. I've replaced those with Magpuls because they don't do that. Inexpensive? Somewhat. Cheap? No.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top