JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought this 83 Yamaha XS650 three weeks ago for a grand with only 6,000 gentle miles on it.
Did a carb job and replaced the dead battery and it started up and ran like new.
I only got 2 blocks from my house and a guy in an SUV dam near killed me blowing thru a stop sign.
It sold for $1850.00 in minutes on CL.
I'm done with motorcycles for good and I'm turning my sights on fixing up an old Bronco instead. yamaha 001.JPG

Last Edited:
I had me a SX650 two-banger back in high school.... I laid that sucker over while haulin' arse down a side street and hit a slightly raise manhole cover in the dark.... My knee got scraped up pretty good, but all the sparks flying off the asphalt in the dark.... it was beautiful, man! o_O:D

I got hit from the side on my 350 Honda in high school, graduated on crutches. Kept riding until our kid came along, didn't want to leave the wife a widow with my kid. Kid is grown and wife has passed away so no reason to worry....

Got four KTM's: RC8, two 450 EXCR (one dual sport, one super moto) 300 XCW 2 stroke, five Bultacos, '82 BMW R100RS, 79 yamaha 400RD, 1985 Cagiva 650, 1969 Norton, 1973 CZ, 1977 Honda 400 SS

They all have their place and in the correct place are a true pleasure.

You guys have it all wrong, just get yourself a 450 dirt bike and tell me you're not having fun while trail riding. No idiots on cell phones out where there is no coverage.

You mentioned a V Star. I ride a Yamaha V Star XVS 1100 and with the right seat it is a very comfortable cruiser. Mid sized bike at about 650 pounds and plenty of power for a single. I rode Route 66 on mine and didn't feel under biked at any time. One of the things I really like is that it is shaft drive so the ride and acceleration is very smooth.

These can be had with low miles within your price range.

One thing you do see is old farts that have some money now they are retired and buy a bike. Then they forget they weren't that good to begin with and have time to dwell on it after wrecking.
Remember the Tacoma cop who ran his off the road a month after retirement?
A guy in Sequim thought he was ready for a trike 3 years after almost dying from his head hitting a fence post and breaking his helmet and skull.
I don't know my limits and speed was the problem for me.You need to realize how your reflexes are and if you can ride as good as before.
Heck,in Sequim it was old people and animals.here it's mostly animals,not as many OLD folks.My buddy had 3 HOLY SHYTE misses in Sequim.The third one he sold his bike
And remember that you are invisible,even more so now with cell phones,when you are on a bike
Lots of bikers ride and never go down,even though most say it's not if but when.But there is enough that someone coined the phrase "future organ doner " for motorcycle riders

Well, if I get killed in a bike wreck it's better than an old folkes home... you guys will be just like buzzards as my friends sell my stuff here:D.

Been riding my whole life and I love it, but I just sold this one for $2500.00, I'm going to buy a dual sport and stay off the urban roads more. No more murder bikes for me! LOL

photo-12_3.jpg

Hell ya should my knickers after buying her a trike! My boots have holes in them.

Daddy needs a new pair of shoes ... Oh and more guns! LMFAO

After bring home stories of scraping up bikes and there riders off the roads for 30 years, ( maybe once or twice a year ) when I talked to the wife about it she said no way. So I bought a 4 wheeler. Most mishaps was because other drivers were not watching.

After bring home stories of scraping up bikes and there riders off the roads for 30 years, ( maybe once or twice a year ) when I talked to the wife about it she said no way. So I bought a 4 wheeler. Most mishaps was because other drivers were not watching.

Every day is an adventure, couple hours ago had some OLD gal crowd me to the point other drivers were honking at Her!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top