JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own four motorcycles, and I love them all.

The very first day I rode after getting my endorsement I went down. I had just bought my brand new Suzuki, and had owned it for about 15 minutes before I crashed into one of those big, green power boxes you see on many street corners. I hit my head pretty good on it. Thank God for helmets. I was not hurt other than having my bell rung, and having a scraped up knee. I laid on the ground for quite a few minutes before I was able to get up. My beautiful new bike was now all scraped up on one side, I wanted to cry.
After a time, I was able to get back on the bike and slowly ride home. I seriously thought about selling it, and never getting on a bike again. I decided to stick with it though, and I'm glad I did. The crash was a learning experience, and even though it shook me up, I did not give up! It actually made me a better rider.

I've been riding for almost 3 years now, and people try to kill me all of the time. Riding a bike can be quite dangerous, but what in life isn't anymore? If you have the desire to ride, I say do it.

Riding is a lot of fun, and feeling the wind on your face, and seeing the pavement roll by under your feet is amazing.

The sensory overload while riding is amazing. You can smell all of the smells, hear just about everything, see so much more than you can in a car, feel the wind, etc.

I am a very conservative rider, and always pay attention to what is going on around me.

If you have not, take the TEAM OREGON motorcycle classes. They are very enjoyable, and you will learn so much that you would not otherwise learn by yourself, or from a friend. The classes are fun, and very thorough.

You can find inexpensive bikes all over the place. Get yourself some proper safety gear, and go for a ride!

Last Edited:
The title of this thread could also read "Thinking about getting into the back of an ambulance"

The old saying was, "there are 2 types of riders, those who have been down and those who will go down."
The way you handle the situation is what defines you.
If a person throws a leg over a motorcycle without understanding the basic fact that your chances of being hit/going down/getting injured have exponentially increased then they should just walk away from it.

I have had bikes all my life. Started on dirt and then went on to street in high school and college and beyond. RD350, V65 Magna, 920 Virago, RF900R, and VTX 1800C

I got wrecked about 7 years ago on my brand new VTX 1800C. Bought it 8 months before going to the 'Stan for a year. Put 1,200 miles on it and after a year in a place where everyone was actually trying to kill me, thought I would be safe to drive home from work in broad day light on a beautiful summer day. Got hit by a guy that told the cop he was "drinking his coffee" and that was why he drove across the centerline and hit me nearly head on. Left leg looked like it had been put through a wood chipper and came back with a permanent, but slight limp.

Me and the little guy are going to do dirt-bikes this fall, but that is as far as I am going. As an old(er) or "distinguished" gentleman now, I find that cup-holders, leather interior, music I can hear, Heat and A/C are so much nicer now when I travel by vehicle.

If you need to feel the wind and want to go fast, save your pennies and then go buy a nice used late model Corvette Convertible.
Best bonding/learning time you will ever have. Preparing, maintaining, judgment,enjoyment and many other life lessons. Best wishes to you both.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top