JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is a great video of an NBC Reporter at a Tea Party Rally yesterday, where she asked a man if he "ever felt uncomfortable" at the rally since there are not "a lot of African-American men" there.

http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2010/04/man-destroys-nbc-reporters-racial.html

The video is great on two counts:

1. It shows the absolute bias of the liberal media. The reporter was not there to report on what was being said by the citizens who assembled. She was looking for a way to try and discredit the Tea Party Movement. Their reporting is not always this blatantly biased, but it shows their true motivation.

2. Most importantly, this man gave a stunning answer! Notice he said, "These are my people - Americans." Wow! Such an answer never occurred to this reporter! The Left is all about breaking Americans down into ethnic groups and interest groups - bringing division. This man does not see himself as a "black man" or an "African-American man." He sees himself as an "American!" What a novel idea!

God bless him, and may we come to the day that we all see each other as "Americans."

Here is a great video of an NBC Reporter at a Tea Party Rally yesterday, where she asked a man if he "ever felt uncomfortable" at the rally since there are not "a lot of African-American men" there.

http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2010/04/man-destroys-nbc-reporters-racial.html

The video is great on two counts:

1. It shows the absolute bias of the liberal media. The reporter was not there to report on what was being said by the citizens who assembled. She was looking for a way to try and discredit the Tea Party Movement. Their reporting is not always this blatantly biased, but it shows their true motivation.

2. Most importantly, this man gave a stunning answer! Notice he said, "These are my people - Americans." Wow! Such an answer never occurred to this reporter! The Left is all about breaking Americans down into ethnic groups and interest groups - bringing division. This man does not see himself as a "black man" or an "African-American man." He sees himself as an "American!" What a novel idea!

God bless him, and may we come to the day that we all see each other as "Americans."

+1 :s0155:

Trism -

Something like 90% of the pre-contact Americans,

From the Arctic Circle to Patagonia

Were wiped out by a combination of war, disease,

And, for lack of a better word, genocide,

Between the early 1500's and the late 1800's.

And it still goes on today.

As my wife is partially Lakota, I am perhaps more

Sensitive to this "elephant in the living room"

Than most.

I have nothing against this thread, per se.

However, I do feel that there is a pretty consistent

And well organized denial of what went down on

This continent, which is where it hits

Hot button status for yrs. truly.

isher

Ask that of the Lakota Sioux

On the rez.

You might find a different opinion,

When you pick up your grandmother's body

Frozen to death, as it is so many times.

hoka hey

john

Welcome back isher. Hadn't heard from you in awhile.

Yes, patriotism is a good thing. We need to come together as a country...I dissagree however, with those that would cast one side or the other as un-patriotic.

Who am I or anybody for that matter to say "borders closed, now go back"? Within our own country? This is the kind of closed minded garbage that the media, liberal or conservative, have a heyday with and spin into prime time fodder.

What was that you said Chee-to? "may we come to the day that we all see eachother as Americans" :s0155:

Our ancestors did some questionable things isher...and for that I am sorry.

I hope that someday we can come together as Americans...not with arrogance ...but with humility and gratitude...God Bless All.

Will

Trism -

Something like 90% of the pre-contact Americans,

From the Arctic Circle to Patagonia

Were wiped out by a combination of war, disease,

And, for lack of a better word, genocide,

Between the early 1500's and the late 1800's.

And it still goes on today.

As my wife is partially Lakota, I am perhaps more

Sensitive to this "elephant in the living room"

Than most.

I have nothing against this thread, per se.

However, I do feel that there is a pretty consistent

And well organized denial of what went down on

This continent, which is where it hits

Hot button status for yrs. truly.

isher

My great grandmother was 100% Siksika Indian. We are all Americans now, what happened 150 years ago is no more relevant than the possibility that the black man in this articles family may have been slaves 150 years ago. I don't see the denial you speak of? Everyone knows what happened to the Indians. What would you have us do give all of America back to the Indians and us leave too?

My great grandmother was 100% Siksika Indian. We are all Americans now, what happened 150 years ago is no more relevant than the possibility that the black man in this articles family may have been slaves 150 years ago. I don't see the denial you speak of? Everyone knows what happened to the Indians. What would you have us do give all of America back to the Indians and us leave too?

Trism -

Not at all..........

"Alexander Whitaker
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Alexander Whitaker (1585–1616) was a Christian theologian who settled in North America in Virginia Colony in 1611 and established two churches near the Jamestown colony. Known as "The Apostle of Virginia" by contemporaries, he was the son of William Whitaker (1548–1595), noted Protestant scholar and Master of St. John's College, Cambridge.
Born in Holme, Cambridgeshire, Whitaker was educated at Trinity College, Cambridge and became a clergyman in the North of England.[1] Travelling to Virginia in 1611, he was a popular religious leader with both settlers and natives, for he was responsible for the baptism and conversion of Pocahontas. His relative tolerance of the Native American population that English colonists encountered can be found in his sermons, some of which were sent back to England to help win support for the new colonies in North America. The most famous of these sermons is Good Newes from Virginia (1613), in which he describes the native population as "servants of sinne and slaves of the divill," but also recognizes them as "sons of Adam," who are "a very understanding generation, quicke of apprehension, suddaine in their despatches, subtile in their dealings, exquisite in their inventions, and industrious in their labour."
It was a marked difference from the other reports such as those by Cotton Mather which described the native population as little more than beasts, deserving of extermination.
Whitaker drowned in 1616.
Before leaving England, Whitaker had crossed paths with a York merchant who later became an English naval captain and explorer of New England, Christopher Levett off York. In Whitaker's will of 1610, and proved following his death in 1616, Whitaker noted that he owed "Christopher Levite, a linen draper of the city of York" just over £5.[2] Trained as a York merchant, Levett later founded the first settlement at Portland, Maine, where he was granted 6,000 acres by the King. The settlement failed.
[edit]References

^ Whitaker, Alexander in Venn, J. & J. A., Alumni Cantabrigienses, Cambridge University Press, 10 vols, 1922–1958.
^ The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 11, Virginia HIstorical Society, Richmond, 1903
[edit]External links

Works by or about Alexander Whitaker in libraries (WorldCat catalog)"

Good old Alex founded one side of my Mom's family.

Interestingly enough, the other side of her family came

From French Huguenot rebels who settled in Louisiana about the same time.

Now, on my Dad's side, stone Danish, he

Was conceived in Denmark, and born in England, on the way to the US.

On his side, the coat of arms is a White Sphinx on a Blue Field,

Which dates back to the Crusades.

Throw in several Union and Confederate generals,

And the persevering question of whether Alexander Whitaker

And Pocohontas had any children,

And you have a piece of the whole mary ann.

So I will return to my single, and original point.

90% of the existing population of the Americas

Were wiped out within, say, 250 years after

European contact.

It is not a guilt thing, just a fact.

isher

Ethnicity aside..I think the point is that true Americans stand up for the Constitution..and stand and take their hats off when the Colors go by..and get a lump in their throat at the sound of our National Anthem.. Sadly..those are things the Left know nothing of.. I for one..am pleased to see those who do..finally making themselves known.. It's about *&%@ time.. :s0155:

Ethnicity aside..I think the point is that true Americans stand up for the Constitution..and stand and take their hats off when the Colors go by..and get a lump in their throat at the sound of our National Anthem.. Sadly..those are things the Left know nothing of.. I for one..am pleased to see those who do..finally making themselves known.. It's about *&%@ time.. :s0155:

Americans should stand up for the constitution regardless of leanings...left or right...red or blue...

Will

Trism -

Not at all..........

"Alexander Whitaker
Alexander Whitaker (1585–1616) was a Christian theologian who settled in North America in Virginia Colony in 1611 and established two churches near the Jamestown colony. Known as "The Apostle of Virginia" by contemporaries, he was the son of William Whitaker (1548–1595), noted Protestant scholar and Master of St. John's College, Cambridge.
Born in Holme, Cambridgeshire, Whitaker was educated at Trinity College, Cambridge and became a clergyman in the North of England.[1] Travelling to Virginia in 1611, he was a popular religious leader with both settlers and natives, for he was responsible for the baptism and conversion of Pocahontas. His relative tolerance of the Native American population that English colonists encountered can be found in his sermons, some of which were sent back to England to help win support for the new colonies in North America. The most famous of these sermons is Good Newes from Virginia (1613), in which he describes the native population as "servants of sinne and slaves of the divill," but also recognizes them as "sons of Adam," who are "a very understanding generation, quicke of apprehension, suddaine in their despatches, subtile in their dealings, exquisite in their inventions, and industrious in their labour."
It was a marked difference from the other reports such as those by Cotton Mather which described the native population as little more than beasts, deserving of extermination.
Before leaving England, Whitaker had crossed paths with a York merchant who later became an English naval captain and explorer of New England, Christopher Levett off York. In Whitaker's will of 1610, and proved following his death in 1616, Whitaker noted that he owed "Christopher Levite, a linen draper of the city of York" just over £5.[2] Trained as a York merchant, Levett later founded the first settlement at Portland, Maine, where he was granted 6,000 acres by the King. The settlement failed.
[edit]References

^ Whitaker, Alexander in Venn, J. & J. A., Alumni Cantabrigienses, Cambridge University Press, 10 vols, 1922–1958.
^ The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 11, Virginia HIstorical Society, Richmond, 1903
[edit]External links

European contact.

isher

I guess I'm still not seeing the relevance to the subject of the first post? Can anyone enlighten me?

A Black man choosing to be an American (inclusive to the whole) instead of an African American (separate from the whole) = Americans pretending not to know Indians were subject to genocide? :huh:

Trism -

Not at all..........

"Alexander Whitaker
[edit]References

[edit]External links

European contact.

isher

I dont mean to contradict you, but every year, millions of animals are killed by cruel and out-dated experiments.

The

cold

hard

truth

is

that

by

buying

your

favorite

shampoo

you

may

be

funding

genocide.

It is not a guilt thing, just

a

f
a
c
t

Visit, the National Anti-Vivisection Society

Web page for

more info

www.Navs.

org

More on point.... Good for him and shame on the reporter for attempting to divide people of like minds because their skins are different colors.
Or, better yet, trying to project her discomfort onto him.

Hmmm........

Interestinger and interestinger.

Trivia question for the day;

On what date was the Constitution actually signed?

I'll make it easy - September 17th, 1787.

Now this doesn't include the Canadian government, or

The various South American governments, or

The Russian Alaskan Goverment, or

The various French, Portugese, Spanish, English

Tributary states created by violence and fiat.

So, the next question would be this:

Prior to that date,

And extending back perhaps 30,000 years,

Just exactly who were the Americans?

And did the Constitution in any way recognize or validate

Those peoples?

Or the pre-existing Constitution(s) of their societies?

A leading question, I know.

isher

off-topic.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR