JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm........

Interestinger and interestinger.

Trivia question for the day;

On what date was the Constitution actually signed?

I'll make it easy - September 17th, 1787.

Now this doesn't include the Canadian government, or

The various South American governments, or

The Russian Alaskan Goverment, or

The various French, Portugese, Spanish, English

Tributary states created by violence and fiat.

So, the next question would be this:

Prior to that date,

And extending back perhaps 30,000 years,

Just exactly who were the Americans?

And did the Constitution in any way recognize or validate

Those peoples?

Or the pre-existing Constitution(s) of their societies?

A leading question, I know.

isher

A leading question indeed and totally irrelevant to the topic.

Welcome back isher. Hadn't heard from you in awhile.

Yes, patriotism is a good thing. We need to come together as a country...I dissagree however, with those that would cast one side or the other as un-patriotic. ...
Will

Well then you have to reject the right wing movement, their media, the teaple, and most of the political posts on this web site.

The argument for true Native American heritage works if you believe that all tribes were buddies (they weren't) and North America was a nation prior to the arrival of non-natives (it wasn't).

Native Americans warred with each other, stole from each other, murdered each other, entered into treaties against each other with foreign nations, cheated one another, bullied one another, and so on. I understand the Sauks and the Sioux weren't exactly the best of neighbors in the midwest; yet it appears that none of those bloody and deadly rivalries have survived. In short, Native Americans were "unified" by nothing more than continental location and physical similarities, the same as Europeans, Africans, Asians, etc.

Had the various nations of America not been conquered by Europeans they would almost surely have been conquered by Asians whose technology was comparable to Europe's. Even if left to their own devices, many smaller tribes would inevitably have been swallowed up by larger ones. If I'm not mistaken, Native Americans are human beings, subject to the same failings as all other human beings (including the same greed and lust for power that infects the world today).

It's just more division. Every Native American currently living here grew up in (or if you want to get pointlessly technical: "surrounded by") the United States as it exists today.

Well then you have to reject the right wing movement, their media, the teaple, and most of the political posts on this web site.

Yes, it does seem to bend that way...and it's unfortunate. I've watched cautiously as this 'tea party' movement has gained momentum and it's decidedly leaning that way...right, conservative, red! Ok?!..I said it!...Can't we get over the fact that we're in this together?

We need to come together for a "Pow-Wow"!

Have you ever sat down with a bunch of guys (sorry girls...you're invited too) and enjoyed a good cigar? I've friends now that are about as redneck as they come!...and when we light up...well it ain't Ozzy and Harriet, but we listen to eachother shovel the dirt and have a ball.

The media is our enemy gents! They are owned catagorically by wall street companies...ie: NBC is owned by GE...how can we expect unbaised reporting from that? This little 17 second exerpt however was good reporting. To the point. I'm an American!

I wish the Tea people all the best...

Trlsmn...where do you come up with those pictures?! :s0155:

MrNiceGuy...you're right...buy animal cruelty free products...and thanks for the laugh!:s0155:

thread direction...services two miles...:woot:

Will

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews