JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Politician(s) change procedure for stopping bad guy to, before shooting officers must obtain permission to shoot from a senior officer, or other higher ranked person.
Woe be it to a jurisdiction where the Politicians are that STUPID. Rrrrright.....REQUIRE that a uniformed/line officer ask and receive permission before using their firearms in self defense or whatever other scenario. Yeah.....talk about stupid.

BUT, But, but......IF it ever comes to pass.....
Whatever.
If you happen to be in a PD such as that. I'd suggest that you quit and/or find another place to work.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
That's so easy to say when you're comfortably behind the keyboard.

Yes, they know the risks. Probably better than either of us.

This ain't a Rambo movie, ya don't go in blazing without a plan. I'd wager it's less about a bad team than bad leadership.
Key board my azz
The corner said 13 maybe more children could have been saved had someone in the hall way done their job
they bled out for 77 minutes so tell us more about the keyboard ?

PS
PO PO make over 175k with overtime

Last Edited:
I was wondering how much, say, our cops make. Wow, wasn't long ago $30k was about average for a Portland po-po.

Even at entry level starting at $75 I wouldn't take the job in my best of days.
View attachment 1239031
(Dallas Police, near Vivaldi starts ~$65k)
STAY ON TOPIC FRANK you really should spend more time behind the keyboard 107k is peanuts to what a lot of dept's give starting wage
besides what does the pay have to do with the topic

RE : Post #204
Officer Pay

I'd respectfully say that.......pay has a certain way of attracting a certain caliber of people. Especially now a days, where/when people have a variety of jobs to choose from. But of course, there are no guarantees. No matter what the job is.

So.....how does this issue relate?

Maybe, if the pay (and training) were better?
Awwww.....come on.......you can/could guess the rest.

Aloha, Mark

PS.......In Hawaii (by State Law) it's equal pay for equal work. Small Dept or Big Dept, it doesn't matter. Every officer will get paid what the smallest (cheapest) P.D. can afford. Of course, some people might agree and some might disagree with the concept. But, that is what we had in Hawaii.

BTW......it has happened before with HPD officers.

Last Edited:
If any of you have gone through the hiring process to become a LEO in this day and age you would understand why we have the product we do.

Trust me when I say that LE departments and Agency's aren't looking for proactive men/women to serve. They are much more concerned with the emotional sensitivity and social outlook of policing now. We are all seeing the effects of their choices. Sadly it's not the ones running the oral boards/background checks/physical fitness tests etc. to set the standard. Rather it's the mayors/chiefs/sheriffs AKA politicians. Cause they would rather maintain their jobs than serve the people like they vowed to do….. money is more important than life. I'm surprised we haven't figured that out yet. Our lives mean absolutely nothing.

Shootings like this will continue. And continue. And continue. Until America has a change in culture and outlook on criminals. That won't be happening anytime soon. So buckle up.

If any of you have gone through the hiring process to become a LEO in this day and age you would understand why we have the product we do.

Trust me when I say that LE departments and Agency's aren't looking for proactive men/women to serve. They are much more concerned with the emotional sensitivity and social outlook of policing now. We are all seeing the effects of their choices. Sadly it's not the ones running the oral boards/background checks/physical fitness tests etc. to set the standard. Rather it's the mayors/chiefs/sheriffs AKA politicians. Cause they would rather maintain their jobs than serve the people like they vowed to do….. money is more important than life. I'm surprised we haven't figured that out yet. Our lives mean absolutely nothing.
It is the same in teachers, news organizations and many other professions. Motives for personal excellence and drive to be the best have fallen behind conforming to bureaucracy and allowing mediocrity. Everyone knows. But to say so brings peer pressure against you.

It is the same in teachers, news organizations and many other professions. Motives for personal excellence and drive to be the best have fallen behind conforming to bureaucracy and allowing mediocrity. Everyone knows. But to say so brings peer pressure against you.
Hence the reason I probably never got hired after going through the process with 10+ agencies. Now I see it as a blessing from above. You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop in America today.

When we write "No on 17" opinions for the voters guide, some of us should mention that Uvalde is a perfect example why we cannot rely on police to protect us, therefore restricting our gun rights when mass shooters don't care about gun laws is a silly idea.

According to a Texas House committee report, the person the officer saw [outside, and asked for permission to shoot] was not the gunman, but Robb Elementary Coach Abraham Gonzales.

• Source: Texas Department of Public Safety; Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training Center; Texas House committee report

Remember blowhard Sheriff Scott Israel of Parkland fame?

"On November 12, 2018, at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission's monthly meeting investigating the shooting, Israel admitted that he had changed the sheriff's policy on active shooters, changing one word in a critical sentence about deputies engaging active shooters from "shall" go in after the shooter, to "may" go in after the shooter."

-E-

Last Edited:

Shootings like this will continue. And continue. And continue. Until America has a change in culture and outlook on criminals. That won't be happening anytime soon. So buckle up.
Well based on your last sentence our, Commie Governor State of Washington just made it safer for crooks to carry hand guns with a capacity of more than 10 rounds where as the law abiding can't purchase a handgun that holds more than 10 rounds boy i feel safer already don't you

Well based on your last sentence our, Commie Governor State of Washington just made it safer for crooks to carry hand guns with a capacity of more than 10 rounds where as the law abiding can't purchase a handgun that holds more than 10 rounds boy i feel safer already don't you
Nope. That's why I still carry what I've been carrying for the past 10+ years.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top