JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The failed police response makes it too easy to forget the grandfather said he was a felon and couldn't have guns, yet there was a pistol (21 yo to have) or it was the grandparents. His sister knew about the guns so someone in the family knew.

It could have been stopped before it started. Who drove him to get the guns? When boxes of ammo started showing up at the grandparents house, no one had questions?
From what I've gathered if I'm not mistaken, the dad is the one that took him to the gun shops since he had to sign some papers as well.

we investigated ourselves.png

Sadly this kind of thing is just the way it too often is now. Couple years ago couple Cops here go to domestic. Scum is upstairs, lead LEO is calling to him. He comes around corner on stairs and shoots him and runs back. Other Officer runs from the home SCREAMING into her radio that her partner is hit and she is in full melt down. Leaves partner in house to bleed out. Now he may of course have died anyway but I can safely say I would NOT have done that. At the time I was helping a younger co worker become an LEO and he got hired. When he did I gave him a copy of that radio traffic and told him to always remember this may well be the kind of partner he will have backing him. So learn to be careful. On his last night we brought in some bacon and doughnuts for him as a send off and I gifted him a nice defensive knife. Telling him keep this with you too, may save your life someday.

In America we've given up a lot of ground on accountability. Especially to all levels from local to federal government.

Most government positions of authority require an oath. When tested, how many stand up to it? My job in the private sector isn't guaranteed. Individuals failing their oaths shouldn't have guaranteed jobs either.

Radiolab did an episode that covers this topic, fair warning, it's hard to listen to without :mad: and they talk about a father killing his daughters, but at the same time they do a good job of getting into the "why" and the visceral reaction of the guy at 43:35 is a solid "ah ha moment"

"to protect and serve"..... the community.

Been told all my life that police have no obligation to protect the individual. Ulvalde proved that on a whole new level.

Many of the places that made it clear they hated Cops are now being forced to hire people who NEVER should have the job and they are paying the price for that too. Once again voters getting just what they asked for then scream and cry about it. :s0092:
In those places, they are vetting and hiring candidates based on DEI instead of qualifications and experience. Cesspool cities are just getting deeper and crappier... :(

Many of the places that made it clear they hated Cops are now being forced to hire people who NEVER should have the job and they are paying the price for that too. Once again voters getting just what they asked for then scream and cry about it. :s0092:
The failure of this whole defund police movement, decriminalizing crimes is so egregious there is no one place to even being explaining how bad. And the people keep voting for it. Policing has been politicized and theres no end to this in sight.

We cant blame them. Im surprised when they can even hire new police officers.
You're ALWAYS going to be able to hire for positions of power. You could offer it up as a volunteer position and you'd still get takers…just not the people anyone sane would want in the role. Watched it happening in the 80s and 90s, but now it's just accelerating.

You're ALWAYS going to be able to hire for positions of power. You could offer it up as a volunteer position and you'd still get takers…just not the people anyone sane would want in the role. Watched it happening in the 80s and 90s, but now it's just accelerating.
YEP! I think that's what all of us who say we are shocked they can still find people mean. People who you would actually want in the job, not people who are just going to be the next one to do something really stupid that costs the tax payers big time. Sadly now a lot of people who would not make a good "mall cop" will actually be LEO's and we all know what will end up happening. This will be a gold mine for the lawyers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top