JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We don't have a lot in this area so this is somewhat unfortunate. L&L Guns will be closing its doors a week from tomorrow, the owner told me today he and his wife will be retiring. Doesn't appear to be economy related, they've been looking forward to this for some time now. Brightwater Ventures I'd imagine will benefit from this and from the posts on their facebook about being on the brink of going under they can certainly use it. Take from this thread what you will.

2n1xqpi.jpg

Great people. They just moved a while ago to there new location. Wish someone would buy they out. Congrats on the retirement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They were/are some real good people for sure. I wish them the best with retirement.

Brightwater would be better if they'd get rid of the ginger who works the counter. That guy is a real (something that rhymes with "brick"). Their store also smells like kitty litter that needs to be cleaned out after a few days of sitting, collecting more turds and urine. If they do something about both situations, I may stop in there more often. I mostly go into SW WA Surplus. I like their service. Plus they have some nifty things in there!

They were/are some real good people for sure. I wish them the best with retirement.

Brightwater would be better if they'd get rid of the ginger who works the counter. That guy is a real (something that rhymes with "brick"). Their store also smells like kitty litter that needs to be cleaned out after a few days of sitting, collecting more turds and urine. If they do something about both situations, I may stop in there more often. I mostly go into SW WA Surplus. I like their service. Plus they have some nifty things in there!

Got a great price on my XD9SC from them a while back. The young guy that worked there was great and friendly. Red haired fella (middle aged?) not so much. If that's the same guy, anyway.

I have to admit L&L is a great place - also, I can't think of a better facility for a gun shop. The place was a bank so you have a whole room vault and the safe deposit vault to keep your inventory safe at night. Always pleasant people to deal with - I'll have to stop in before they are gone...

Yes, the ginger is the same one who acts as repellent to potential customers.

I've purchased about fifteen guns in the last twenty four months from Brightwater and at least five or six times I got helped by this guy and he's always been... abrasive (that's being polite about it). He's certainly not a people person, no idea why he'd be in the customer service business or why Nick would keep him employed period.

I never been to L&L gun shop, but I hope someone with good passion will carry over that business.

I stopped going Brightwater many years ago.

CorssRoads Arms for me. :s0155:

Agreed, L&L is/was a good shop. I've spent some money there, too. A little out of my way to just drop in, though.

Also agree, the "ginger" at Brightwater is a tool. I go less since his (lack of personality/knowledge) runs interference, blocking my ability to spend money.
David's ok. Doesn't ever follow through for me. Nice enough though.
Mike and Nick won my business. Can't remember the last time I could "be admitted" to have an "audience" with Nick? I'll try a couple more times to spend my money there, I guess?

I'm going to have to concur with Cuthbert, Blayelocke, PuddleMonkey and Jerry (anyone else see a trend here?). The Ginger "Gentleman" at Brightwater has been strong incentive for me to stop calling/visiting and explore other options. Nick is a solid guy and runs a good business with fair pricing, so I don't understand why he's kept this guy around.

LL Guns was a really nice store that I'll miss, especially since I'm in Battle Ground. People seemed knowledgeable and always willing to let you look even if you weren't buying. As to Brightwater, they've been good to me in a lot of sales over the past two years. Glad to see they seem to have weathered the insanity without going under.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

LL was my favorite store by far in the Vancouver area, I do hope this at least helps Brightwater with the troubles they're having. Dropping to only having "Discount" Guns would not be a happy thing....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top