JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's hoping that the current owners of L&L have a great retirement! Hope the new owners, if there really is going to be new owners, will run it better! Been to L&L a quite few times and have always gotten a rash of cr_p - more times than not, from the owner himself! Too much cr_p from L&L to type. Small novel. The "ginger" at Brightwater might not be the best people person but I was never made to feel like cr_p when in there. Not like at L&L. If/when the new owners take over I'll stop by and see if it has changed.

Here's hoping that the current owners of L&L have a great retirement! Hope the new owners, if there really is going to be new owners, will run it better! Been to L&L a quite few times and have always gotten a rash of cr_p - more times than not, from the owner himself! Too much cr_p from L&L to type. Small novel. The "ginger" at Brightwater might not be the best people person but I was never made to feel like cr_p when in there. Not like at L&L. If/when the new owners take over I'll stop by and see if it has changed.

There wont be new owners, all firearms are going to be auctioned off at O'Gallerie in Portland.

Someone needs to bid on that Kimber Warrior for me.

Weird deal......word was LL sold then buyer had FFL probs.....about 2 months ago inventory was 75% gone? Last week inventory was packed......including specialty items I wouldn't stock if I was shutting down...like a 300 win mag AR. Plus they had new folks working there not the owners.........I needed a $3 gun screw they handed me a box of 200 mix n match screws and said have at er.......I'm going to shoot in today see whats up

Word as of today 8/9 the store is closing tomorrow at 4pm, and all remaining guns will be auctioned.

deal%20with%20it.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only called and talked to the guys at L&L a couple times and they were real helpful.

I've puchased a few things from brightwater. A few times the owner or a younger dark haired guy helped me and he was great. The older guy there (maybe the ginger) always makes you feel like your interupting his day. Sorry!

Both I would shop there more if they had decent stock.
I usually just order online at Budsgunshop or go to nw armory

Been to LL a few times, always been treated right.

I like Brightwater too, but something just doesn't seem right about the new location, plus I never see Nick there, Mike retiring was enough loss. Not familiar with the "ginger" everyone is talking about, but I only ever really payed attention to Nick and Mike.

Went to LL today and bought up all the Federal 30-30 they had. Too bad they're closing down. I'm not really impressed with Brightwater. I wanted to order a Sig and they aren't taking any orders.

LL had a huge following....why don;t they have any big RETIREMENT SALE signs or something up....heck have a retirement party/sale. They have been around forever and and love that they "PRICE" their guns...normally they have 15-20 1911's all priced to sell diff. brands etc...its close to internet pricing but you can touch the guns. Very helpful.......love the new store. I literally had to take off my clothes outside when I got home after shopping at the old "iron lung" store. They had to kill 100 cigs in there a day min.......no windows door closed and about the size of my master bath. Wish them well.

I checked with O'gallerie on their website and over the phone and they said they have no info on a "gun sale" so who knows what is really up.

Here is a question...now LL is retiring.....well deserved I get that. But why is it that all these gun shops are going under or claiming to be on the brink?? I get retail is a tough racket but shouldn't gun dealers be buying new boats right now and adding onto their houses? In my view..yes narrow I know but wouldn't this be like a real estate agent or mortgage broker closing shop 10-15 years ago? This year was record gun sales across the country you would think they would be picking low hanging fruit not shutting doors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top