JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After hearing from a few convincing members in another thread and giving it a lot of thought, I agree that a Train Wreck Strategy would be the right way to deal with anti-gun laws. You might compare it to pulling the band aid off quickly versus slowly. In the case of Measure 114, my original thought was to try and save local gun shops and help gun owners mitigate how Measure 114 will impact their lives. The problem that was pointed out to me is that, if an anti-gun law is implemented smoothly and with more tolerable impacts on gun owners, it may not be despised as much as it would be if the impacts were disastrous.

The old saying no pain no gain might apply here. In the case of Measure 114, if the "gain" is making people realize they should have voted no on Measure 114, made a greater effort to help defeat Measure 114 or have Measure 114 dealt with sooner rather than later in the Courts, we may need to experience "pain" to achieve that.

Using a DEQ law analogy I brought up in another thread, imagine if a DEQ implementation had disastrous impacts versus a smoother transition. What if voters only had 30 days from the time the DEQ law was passed to comply. Imagine further that the DEQ test was required on all cars new and used to register them but the State didn't even have the program set up and funding wasn't being made available to set the program up. Dealerships would be going out of business left and right and massive numbers drivers would be driving around with expired tags, getting tickets, etc. Nobody could buy or sell and legally transfer the vehicles. I bet there would have been a pretty big uproar amongst the voters and courts probably would have been asked to intervene pretty quickly.

Give it some thought, and if you still believe a smoother implentation and less pain is a better strategy, let us know why.

Does anyone here think that the first permit to buy under this stupid mess can be issued in under 6 months? And to follow on how many small gun shops will be able to weather zero sales for 6+ months. Cause I doubt very many can sit on their hands for that long. So the effects of 114 will be dozens if not a hundred businesses going out of business and Thousands of people loosing their jobs. Big stores like Sportsmans and Cabelas etc. will lay off their gun counter employees. This is going to be something to watch.

And something no one has brought up that I have seen PAWN SHOPS will you have to get a permit to redeem a firearm you have on pawn? And if so who will be paying the interest while it sits there for months waiting for the owner to get a permit? a std loan is 60 days with a 30 day grace period after that you have to pay the interest to extend the loan. If it takes 6 months to get a permit to buy then you would have to pay three times the interest.

How will this effect Gunsmiths will you have to have a permit to pickup your firearm being worked on?

This has to be one of the stupidist things I have seen come out of government in decades.

Does anyone here think that the first permit to buy under this stupid mess can be issued in under 6 months? And to follow on how many small gun shops will be able to weather zero sales for 6+ months. Cause I doubt very many can sit on their hands for that long. So the effects of 114 will be dozens if not a hundred businesses going out of business and Thousands of people loosing their jobs. Big stores like Sportsmans and Cabelas etc. will lay off their gun counter employees. This is going to be something to watch.

And something no one has brought up that I have seen PAWN SHOPS will you have to get a permit to redeem a firearm you have on pawn? And if so who will be paying the interest while it sits there for months waiting for the owner to get a permit? a std loan is 60 days with a 30 day grace period after that you have to pay the interest to extend the loan. If it takes 6 months to get a permit to buy then you would have to pay three times the interest.

How will this effect Gunsmiths will you have to have a permit to pickup your firearm being worked on?

This has to be one of the stupidist things I have seen come out of government in decades.
Funny you mentioned the pawn shops. I talked with a pawn shop yesterday and they think it won't impact returning a pawned gun back to owner. I disagree but I didn't want to argue with them.

Up front it's clear I am pessimistic and cynical so I am only going to see things in a bad way on 114. It's not to give up hope or surrender, screw that, I am just saying look at kali and how it worked for them.

114 should prove to everyone you better fight for your rights or move on to another state and start over. Commies run this state.

114 was created with control in mind, they want to make it cost in a lot of different ways to own a gun in Oregon.

"How will this effect Gunsmiths will you have to have a permit to pickup your firearm being worked on?"

These exemptions are present in Measure 114:

(D) To a transferee who is in the business of repairing firearms, for the time during which the firearm is being repaired;

(E) To a transferee who is in the business of making or repairing custom accessories for firearms, for the time during which
the accessories are being made or repaired; or

I suspect LEVO did not consider all the 'finer points' of this bill when they shat it out - or if they did they knew it would only add to the confusion.

I still maintain this was a well calculated, diabolical plan that had input on many levels. It seemed way too 'smooth' and look, 'We got all the signatures necessary to get it on the ballot'. Uh huh.....

The problem, once again, with comparing guns to cars is that cars are necessary for the whole country to function. If an entire state was told the wheels can't roll, there would never be enough LEO to actually stop us from going to work anyway. Actually, you know, as I type this out... ;)

This is what direct democracy looks like. Many "think" they want it. Now if the voters put up something the law makers do not like they will just shut it right down. Stuff like this? They will pretend like its fine. I see it as dealing with an addict. Many of them can not be helped until the hit bottom. Maybe this will be the bottom for a lot of gun owners who could not be bothered to see what was going on? If not? Well sadly they will come back for even more. All the while allowing the criminal scum to roam free with all the guns they want.

I suspect LEVO did not consider all the 'finer points' of this bill when they shat it out - or if they did they knew it would only add to the confusion.

I still maintain this was a well calculated, diabolical plan that had input on many levels. It seemed way too 'smooth' and look, 'We got all the signatures necessary to get it on the ballot'. Uh huh.....
A permit system built in with a social credit score can make it really cost to own a gun. Every Karen HR manager in every business will be able to look up if you bought a gun and discrimination will take place...quietly so they can't be put in a law suit.

Put it all together with the new digital currency doing away with cash and gun buying will get difficult.

This is what direct democracy looks like. Many "think" they want it. Now if the voters put up something the law makers do not like they will just shut it right down. Stuff like this? They will pretend like its fine. I see it as dealing with an addict. Many of them can not be helped until the hit bottom. Maybe this will be the bottom for a lot of gun owners who could not be bothered to see what was going on? If not? Well sadly they will come back for even more. All the while allowing the criminal scum to roam free with all the guns they want.
Yup, that's why there should be electoral college at State level.

I doubt this will be bottom. I would have thought that MA had hit bottom long ago but they elected the ultimate gun grabber to be their Governor.

Then sadly the people in OR will get to see more of this. They will just keep coming back for another bite as long as idiots say give me another please. :(
Much like every time there's a vote to increase property taxes, it overwhelmingly passes because people without skin in the game want property owners to pay for their stuff and "stick it to the man". Without realizing those same increases will just get passed onto them in higher rents (now tied to inflation, got what they asked for). Damn I hate people.

Much like every time there's a vote to increase property taxes, it overwhelmingly passes because people without skin in the game want property owners to pay for their stuff and "stick it to the man". Without realizing those same increases will just get passed onto them in higher rents (now tied to inflation, got what they asked for). Damn I hate people.
People are too easily manipulated and were not taught to think, most have become a herd. It does look like I have a tinfoil hat on when I say the herd is being culled and by 2050 there will be far less people around but I am so old I don't care if folks see what's coming.

Enjoy every day like it may be your last, eat well, travel, go shooting and make every minute count. There is nothing any of us can do to stop the future so enjoy today.

Have lost track of the people I have tried to explain that too. Run out and raise property tax because they "don't pay it". You try to explain to them and their eye's glaze over, until their rent goes up. Then they scream like a stuck pig. :s0092:

I don't believe LEVO wrote this. I believe they got it pre-written from Gifford's, everytown and bloomberg.

Jack

The problem, once again, with comparing guns to cars is that cars are necessary for the whole country to function. If an entire state was told the wheels can't roll, there would never be enough LEO to actually stop us from going to work anyway. Actually, you know, as I type this out... ;)
Guns are not necessary for a Constitutional Republic to function?

Mmmmkaaaay.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA