The Straight Razor Thread

gmerkt

Reactions
I'd get ~5 shaves before it dulled
Wow. You must have strong whiskers. I can get a couple of months out of one insert, shaving every other day. So that's about 30 shaves. I admit the last shave isn't as comfortable as the first but I know when to change. I'm pretty sure I haven't paid anything like $4 per insert, I just wouldn't. I think they are like $6.99 for a 4 pack at Walmart.

The manufacturers used to send out samples in the mail. Schick, Bic, Gillette. You usually got the handle and one or two blades and a coupon to buy more. I could never throw the handles away after the blade inserts were used up. So about a year ago, I decided to go through the various handles I had. For those that weren't obsolete, I went out and bought insert packs. Stupid thing to do just to get some use out of the handles. But it gave me a chance to try them all out again and decide which I liked best.

In the course of this review, I learned that some shaving products that were introduced in the US wound up in overseas countries after their sale in the US had stopped. So if you have a favorite razor product you can't find inserts/blades for anymore, you might find them on Ebay from Singapore, Thailand or similar.

Tony617

Reactions
I have a Braun electric razor. I splash on Lectric Shave and shave. I do have a back up with a Schick quattro razor with shaving cream. Since I work from home now sometimes i don't shave for a week so I have use a old fashion razor. But when I went to work I used my electric razor every day.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Gordon is a great guy, highly recommend doing business with him.
    • NWGN
  • Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Have done several transfers through this shop. All were pleasant experiences. Folks were friendly and pleasant, prices were fair. I wouldn't...
  • Gorge Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Good little shop. Have transferred numerous pieces here and it's always been pain free. My only little gripe is limited hours (currently not...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place to pickup from sites like Davidson's. Low fees. Friendly folks.
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    This has been my go to for all transfers. Peter, the two Jasons and Joe have always been very professional and accommodating. The transfer...
Top Bottom