JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd get ~5 shaves before it dulled

Wow. You must have strong whiskers. I can get a couple of months out of one insert, shaving every other day. So that's about 30 shaves. I admit the last shave isn't as comfortable as the first but I know when to change. I'm pretty sure I haven't paid anything like $4 per insert, I just wouldn't. I think they are like $6.99 for a 4 pack at Walmart.

The manufacturers used to send out samples in the mail. Schick, Bic, Gillette. You usually got the handle and one or two blades and a coupon to buy more. I could never throw the handles away after the blade inserts were used up. So about a year ago, I decided to go through the various handles I had. For those that weren't obsolete, I went out and bought insert packs. Stupid thing to do just to get some use out of the handles. But it gave me a chance to try them all out again and decide which I liked best.

In the course of this review, I learned that some shaving products that were introduced in the US wound up in overseas countries after their sale in the US had stopped. So if you have a favorite razor product you can't find inserts/blades for anymore, you might find them on Ebay from Singapore, Thailand or similar.

I have a Braun electric razor. I splash on Lectric Shave and shave. I do have a back up with a Schick quattro razor with shaving cream. Since I work from home now sometimes i don't shave for a week so I have use a old fashion razor. But when I went to work I used my electric razor every day.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top