JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd get ~5 shaves before it dulled

Wow. You must have strong whiskers. I can get a couple of months out of one insert, shaving every other day. So that's about 30 shaves. I admit the last shave isn't as comfortable as the first but I know when to change. I'm pretty sure I haven't paid anything like $4 per insert, I just wouldn't. I think they are like $6.99 for a 4 pack at Walmart.

The manufacturers used to send out samples in the mail. Schick, Bic, Gillette. You usually got the handle and one or two blades and a coupon to buy more. I could never throw the handles away after the blade inserts were used up. So about a year ago, I decided to go through the various handles I had. For those that weren't obsolete, I went out and bought insert packs. Stupid thing to do just to get some use out of the handles. But it gave me a chance to try them all out again and decide which I liked best.

In the course of this review, I learned that some shaving products that were introduced in the US wound up in overseas countries after their sale in the US had stopped. So if you have a favorite razor product you can't find inserts/blades for anymore, you might find them on Ebay from Singapore, Thailand or similar.

I have a Braun electric razor. I splash on Lectric Shave and shave. I do have a back up with a Schick quattro razor with shaving cream. Since I work from home now sometimes i don't shave for a week so I have use a old fashion razor. But when I went to work I used my electric razor every day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top