JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did a quick scan and hadn't seen a thread on this yet.
I love this idea - but I truly wonder what good this will do when the feds are completely willing to trample the 2nd amendment. How would this added "layer" stop the feds anyway?

<broken link removed>

Only problem I see with that is it may set precedence in deciding whether the 2nd only applied in reference to "the militia" for future cases....others may cite that Idaho had to make everyone a militia member to guarantee their 2nd amendment rights and therefore the common folk of other states aren't entitled to such provisions as owning ar-15's, etc.

Still, I am glad at least some states are actually doing something on the pro-gun side. Even if it's just funny dances and speeches....better then proposed/enacted bans other states are rolling out.

I would prefer that states would take the approach that they will use all resources at their disposal to protect their residents against uncostitutional federal law.
When I mean all, that includes providing legal representation as well as using police force to stop the feds from making unconstitutional arrests.
I know it will not happen as the feds hold too much monetary leverage over the states thanks to the federal income tax. Uncle Sam the sugar daddy.

This is just a defensive measure to forestall possible disenfranchisement of second amendment rights of folks that fall outside the definition of militia. Just a precaution, I believe other states ate doing likewise.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews