JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Dr didn't use enough local on me and when he either clamped or snipped the vas, I about came off the table. The only other thing I remember is there seemed to be a lot of nurses gathered around :D

Did they gaze in wide wonder at the joy they had found?

Last Edited:
My 80 old doctor did mine (Amazingly, the tremors in his hands magically stopped when he started to focus on the job at hand with the scalpel.)
After he gave me the first pain shot the procedure went rather quickly, except I asked him why he was walking around to the other side of the table.
He laughed and said, "Son, You were born with two testicles and I'm only half done.".
That's when he jabbed me with the second shot. That shot hurt more then the first one.

I'll take a vasectomy any day after a friend of mind went through two reversals for his 2nd wife that just had to have a baby by him.
His testicles swelled up as big as oranges and were black & blue for weeks.
I love my wife, but after seeing what he went through, no way. I'd adopt a kid.

Same tale as your friend. My son got his ten year old snip reversed when he remarried, but no consequences. Even very little swelling and no real pain! More like irritated! Worked one hundred percent, too! I remember when I was a young man, a snip was considered totally permanent.

Mine went smooth, was about 15 or so years ago maybe more. Doc was an Ms fan like me so we talked baseball during the procedure. No complications. Heck I can hardly remember it for all the fun I had afterwords with the ladies. When it was done I was like Alfred E. Newman..."What, me worry??":cool:

Brutus Out

So.... you're contemplating becoming a member of the "Sunkist Club", huh? All juice and no seeds! :s0108:

It ain't no big thing. They shave your scrote, give you a local, make one or two little incisions, stick in the "crochet needles" through the incisions, then cut and clamp the sperm ducts, maybe a suture on the incisions... take a couple days off from work, then ease back into the daily grind.

The next pregnancy... you get to deck the UPS/FedEx/Schwans delivery guy. :s0012:

I was scrolling looking for this post. I kept crossing my fingers saying "please no more little Stompers, Please please please"

:p

Back in the day, when I was a newly wed, a neighbor told me his best medical decision regarding children was a hysterectomy. And if he had known it would be so good, he would have done it years earlier. Just sayin, options.

Slight increased chance of prostate cancer, but it wasn't significant enough to worry me. Statistically, 50% of all men (if you believe TV commercials) will experience prostate issues of some sort.

About 80-90% of men get prostate cancer.
Most are not impacted by it - it is slow growing - and you die from other causes, like a jealous lover, or slipping off the Matterhorn.

I got the Valium/Percocet coctail. Outstanding!

All was well until about day 10-ish when I thoughtlessly hopped off a loading dock. Felt a sharp pain and was tender for a few days. Left side still gets sensitive from time to time (over 10 years later). All in all, totally worth it. Just don't do stupid chit for a few weeks.

You boy's worried about the snip? :s0002:

Just prey you don't have to experience the Clip!
Bad Ghost pain for about 18 months! :s0124:

So what's the long-term situation for that? Does it make no difference, physiologically? Or do you need hormone replacements or other supplements? Do the balls producing anything but sperm?

All is good.
The remaining testicle got bigger and makes all the testosterone I need.

I'm such a muscular guy. Most People think I have three! ;)
The body is amazing. Plus you get two of the important things.

At first it bothered me a bit only having one ''Just because''. :s0092:
Then I thought ''Hey? A guy only has one pecker. Right''?

Last Edited:
The 16 yr old kid down the street was too embarrassed to tell his dad that his left nut was aching all the time and a year later during a sports physical they found that he had testicular cancer and it had traveled up into his abdomen and the tumor was as big as a summer sausage.
The surgery was so invasive that they gave him a 50/50 chance of expiring on the table.
The day before the surgery, I took him and his dad out to my friends farm and let him shoot the machine guns as much as he wanted. They had a blast, but you could see the strain on the dad worrying about the next day.
He pulled through the six hour operation, minus one nut, but it's looking good so far almost a year later.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads