JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not saying I'm going to do it. But if I did.... and you've done it and thought your experience was A+....... recommend me a doctor.

#1 I had mine so long ago that I don't even remember who did it- it was a Kaiser doctor.

#2 Your guy friends will try to scare the bejezus out of you before you go for it- it's what they do.

#3 The anticipation is 100x worse than the actual procedure. When it was over I said, "That's it?"

#4 The worst part of the whole thing was getting local anesthesia injected into your nut sack, and all it did was sting a little. Once that was over the rest was easy.

#5 If you smell something burning, it's you. That would be the doc cauterizing your vas deferens.

The whole thing takes about 15 - 30 minutes and you're done. Go home, take some ibuprofen, ice down your rocks if you need to and have some pizza and beer for dinner. If you're like me, your balls may ache slightly for several days afterward.

#1 I had mine so long ago that I don't even remember who did it- it was a Kaiser doctor.

#2 Your guy friends will try to scare the bejezus out of you before you go for it- it's what they do.

#3 The anticipation is 100x worse than the actual procedure. When it was over I said, "That's it?"

#4 The worst part of the whole thing was getting local anesthesia injected into your nut sack, and all it did was sting a little. Once that was over the rest was easy.

#5 If you smell something burning, it's you. That would be the doc cauterizing your vas deferens.

The whole thing takes about 15 - 30 minutes and you're done. Go home, take some ibuprofen, ice down your rocks if you need to and have some pizza and beer for dinner. If you're like me, your balls may ache slightly for several days afterward.

All of this rings very true... thanks

That pretty much sums up the whole big spooky event!

So....

Here I am, laid up in bed....

Just got it done yesterday!

BUT - I went ahead and elected to have a circumcision at the same time as the vasectomy. My hippy parents neglected to cut me when I was newborn, and as such I've been an aardvark/anteater/wrinkly snout/etc. my whole life.

Having been married for 13+ years, NBD. Wife didn't know any better or care, and wouldn't ever really go near the thing anyway, wanting it only in one place on her body.. :rolleyes: but now that I am doing through the Big D - I want a nicer/more inviting looking cawk, and reduced risk of STDs that come from the cut. Plus, sometimes sex has been painful, because of the foreskin..

The procedures took about an hour. They gave me Valium, put on music of my choice, cleaned me up and started stabbing me with that big bubblegum needle... which, as many men report, was the worse part. Poking it in around the base of my dick was the most painful part, I'd say - at least as far as acute pain goes... though when she stuck it in the dorsal nerve area to numb up my balls, I got the "kick in the gut" reflex I've heard/been warned about. Still, that pain seemed less than when she stabbed my penis.

After that, no pain at all. Totally smooth. Just laid back and enjoyed Vivaldi whilst they hacked me up. Another older doc came in toward the end of the procedure and made some comments on the artfulness of the circumcision - great praise. "Excellent work, ladies. That looks really good. He's gonna be happy with that." Made me feel good.

Course, it just looks like Frankenstein's cawk right now... but I'm sure the ol' boy will look great once it's all healed up.

And today, I really don't think I'd have any disability at all, if it'd only done the vasectomy. I do have some bruising on the sides of my ballbag, like they predicted, but I do NOT have any real swelling to speak of. I've iced it some, just to make sure it stay that way, but that part of it seems to be aight.

My chopped up penis, on the other hand.... uhg. Gonna take some time and care for that to heal up. I might be taking more time off work than I'd intended. But I'm still glad I did it.

Anyway..... for posterity... anyone considering a vasectomy - DO IT! It really is NBD. A couple hours of anxiety is a small price to pay for keeping your future child support payments down.

Hell.. I'm gonna recommend all my sons get vasectomies right out of school. Right about the same time I tell them never to get married.

Well damn that's MORE INFO than I think we needed but sounds about right according to the nurse wife.

Glad I'm sterile from taking testosterone and not needing to worry about the snip/burn.

Maybe better advice would be to educate themselves as to what they want out of a marriage. We all make mistakes in life, I know I did. I got back up and dusted off. This time around I found the most awesome wife ever, then she gave me some awesome kids to boot.

Hell.. I'm gonna recommend all my sons get vasectomies right out of school. Right about the same time I tell them never to get married.

Thirty minutes after arriving home from the docs, I was laying on my bed waiting for my wife to bring me a glass of water, the pain meds and a bag of ice after she picked up my daughter from kindergarten.
When my daughter saw that I was home early, she leaped up on the bed to give me a big hug & kiss and in her jubilant efforts, almost managed to knee me in the groin.
Only a heroic dive across the bed with her hand out did my wife manage to catch my little girls knee right before she manage to plant one right into home plate.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top