JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When your knee is better, you should try Oregon Corrections. There are 2 prisons in the Portland area and the one in Wilsonville is always hiring for security. I've seen some pretty out of shape people pass the physical tests.

Looked into Clark county corrections and they want you to pass a sit-up, push up (both not a huge deal) but then also a 1.5 mile run test and I can't do that on my knee weighing in at almost 300lbs (though I'm finally dropping weight and gaining muscle) so corrections probably isn't possible until summer.

The security guards in clark are contracted and make less then half what the correction officers make plus no county benifits so that's out.

I'm at about 90% now and can get up and down off the floor as well as do stairs and be on my feet for extended periods so I can do technical jobs (office or field) and some warehouse work but not if it's a labor job with low pay.

Still have to buy a 2nd car if I go too far outside west Vancouver so the job would have to be worth it.

Thought I'd bump this in case something has popped up in the last month.

Thanks for reading and any leads are greatly appreciated - feels like half of my days are looking for open jobs and filling out applications.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top