JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How reliable are those Ubertis? I am considering buying a pair of those and a Centennial carbine from them
Several of the "cowboys" I shoot with use them. These have Wolf spring kits in them. The 71/2" are real acurate, just a pain to draw quickly. I'm second owner of these and they have worked flawlessly.
And they are for sale. ; )

Like it or not 'GLOCK' is a word that has permeated our lexicon via news, movie, song and print media
giving it exposure far beyond American gun owners and enthusiasts. News reports tend to identify every
handgun in every crime as a GLOCK, just like they ID every rifle as an assault weapon or AK47... they
rarely get it right. Ask the typical person on the street to name a handgun and chances are very, very
good that they will name 'GLOCK' even if they have never seen, handled or shot one.
In that context 'GLOCK' is America' gun.

As for the weapon, I purchased my first Glock in the mid 1980s when few people had ever heard the name.
I sold my 1911 and never looked back... Glock is a fantastic design and a fantastic weapon.

Blah, Blah, Blah. I'm as patriotic as the next guy and if you want to test that, let me know.

You wanna know why Glock IS America's gun? Because it represents what this great nation is all about....Capitalism. A chance for the little guy to become big. Gaston created something that filled a niche. Not only that, but the damn thing works and is cost effective. Americans like things that work and don't cost a lot.

I love the 1911 and the old Colts, but they filled a niche that existed a long time ago. Now, all makers, though maybe reluctantly, are accepting that the Glock design has something going for it. So they "copy" it the best they can and they in turn are now making more money. I'b be willing to bet that we, the American people are the largest consumer of Glocks in the world, and that speaks volumes about what we like.

There is a reason S&W flooded the market M&P handguns and why a lot of police agencies are switching from Glock to the S&W. Cheaper than Glock (to police), but yet similar design. Same principle as Microsoft "donating" PC's to schools years ago. Flood the market, then the rest will buy. After all if it's good enough for cops, it's good enough for us.

So is Glock America's gun? bubblegum yeah it is! So what? The damn thing works, it's relatively cheap to buy and we damn well like that.

Rant over. :s0155:

I lost much of my respect for Glock when they started cranking out so many different models. Probably the worst gun I ever shot (next to a Kahr) was a G36. Poor quality and fit of parts, Horribly inaccurate, uncomfortable to hold and shoot and would not run SWC ammo. And my answer to the original question is no - I do not believe it qualifies as 'America's Gun'

Capitalism is not what founded this nation.. Free Enterprise did.. there IS a big difference

you seem to speak with some kind of authority, even though "capitalism" does not have a static definition and economists have been arguing about what level of government regulation would still qualify for "free market capitalism" for years.

must be hard to see all of us simpletons from way up on you high horse.

Hmmmmm different strokes for different folks. My first pistol was a Glock 19. My second was a S&W 3913. The Glock I shot a tad more accurately. The S&W is lighter and slimmer. I gave the Glock to my father for PD. I carry the S&W occasionally as my 'NY reload' for my S&W J-Frame pocket revolver.

As to whether, or not, the Glock is 'America's Gun' I do not know. I do know I like my S&W 3913, my Walther P38 and my Desert Eagle better than the Glock. The Glock went, the others remain. Though I do know that someday I will get the Glock back, so no complaints here.

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. So what are the requirements?
The dedication and hard work of those who designed and continually worked to improve 'American Guns' , the people who crossed this country in wagons and on foot carrying 'American Guns' for their sustenance and survival and the hundreds of 1000s of service members who fought and died carrying 'American Guns' Call me a Romantic Traditionalist but for me those are the requirements. Sorry but the Glock simply holds no position within the American Renaissance.

The dedication and hard work of those who designed and continually worked to improve 'American Guns' , the people who crossed this country in wagons and on foot carrying 'American Guns' for their sustenance and survival and the hundreds of 1000s of service members who fought and died carrying 'American Guns' Call me a Romantic Traditionalist but for me those are the requirements. Sorry but the Glock simply holds no position within the American Renaissance.

I like your requirements. However, I disagree. Glock has had a huge impact on this nation. If you read up on Colt, Winchester and Glock, you'll find they were all businessmen. The only difference is Glock was created in Austria. All three had impacts on American history in their time. Americans carried what was available in their time. As far as service members carrying "American guns", well, we carry what is procured by the US government. Right now we're issued Beretta's (Italian), which I despise. Also, there are probably 1000's of police officers who owe their lives to the Glocks they carry.

What's makes Glock America's gun? The fact that today we buy it and use it more than any other handgun. Back in the day, Colt SAA and 1911's ruled the nation. They were the best inventions of their time. I love a 1911, but we have made leaps and bounds in technology since then. The fact that Glock was invented by an Austrian is irrelevant. We, Americans, have made it ours. It has melted into our society.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top