JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys are taking this to literal! How many law enforcement and military guys do you guys see carrying Colts and Winchesters and such...? Yes the 1911 or Winchester are the most all American guns but c'mon now. Most Americans that I know ain't packin those around these days. :) Just saying...

... well certainly, the .45 acp and the 1911 has long been the gun of America's choice.

Now with brands such as Glock and SIG mostly predominant ... when military/LE chooses a Glock over the SIG (obviously I've not included the current Beretta for military), for example, is it the $ price, the sales pitch, or the production numbers that carry the deal?

well here is the deal, you really look at the M9 Beretta and its not a cool gun, its simple. The reason the military likes it is because of the firing pin block, the thumb safety for standing watch and i guess the 16 pound trigger pull. Actually they wanted the first round to be a true double action in case you did not have to fire as per the rules of engagement per theatre. I was a US Navy SAMI so i know a lot of the history of that weapon and the reason they dropped colt and the 1911. I think Glock is used by LE because of the round count when they first came out, but that is my opionion. I think i remember at first, the Glock was not the most accurate, anyone remember that?

well here is the deal, you really look at the M9 Beretta and its not a cool gun, its simple. The reason the military likes it is because of the firing pin block, the thumb safety for standing watch and i guess the 16 pound trigger pull. Actually they wanted the first round to be a true double action in case you did not have to fire as per the rules of engagement per theatre. I was a US Navy SAMI so i know a lot of the history of that weapon and the reason they dropped colt and the 1911. I think Glock is used by LE because of the round count when they first came out, but that is my opionion. I think i remember at first, the Glock was not the most accurate, anyone remember that?

The Beretta 92 is junk

I'm almost ready to go buy myself a G26 I think. Should be fun.

Your needs, body and hand size etc. are different from mine so I can't say. I would ask that you hold that G26 up side by side with a 19 and see what you think about size, grip comfort, etc. I have a 19 and 23 and carry the 23.

See what you think.

Maybe in the past few years gun ownership has become more mainstream?

IMO gun ownership has always been mainstream, owning a firearm is woven into the fabric of American culture. The problem lies as we have modernized and relied on firearms less and less as a means of survival, food gathering, etc. Gun ownership has become that dirty little secret no one likes to talk about. Mostly because of destructive violence, incompetence of some gun owners and negative media attention out there.

IMO gun ownership has always been mainstream, owning a firearm is woven into the fabric of American culture. The problem lies as we have modernized and relied on firearms less and less as a means of survival, food gathering, etc. Gun ownership has become that dirty little secret no one likes to talk about. Mostly because of destructive violence, incompetence of some gun owners and negative media attention out there.

That has radically altered in the last 10 years.. even liberals now own guns. US citizens have bought enough guns and ammo in the last 3 years to outfit the world's top 17 standing armies

You guys are taking this to literal! How many law enforcement and military guys do you guys see carrying Colts and Winchesters and such...? Yes the 1911 or Winchester are the most all American guns but c'mon now. Most Americans that I know ain't packin those around these days. :) Just saying...

I do.

Winchesters
DSC06717.jpg

1911's
DSC00047-1.jpg

SAA (not Colts)
DSC08881.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR