JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Way back when I was kind of a fringe element working for cash money under the table I did ok with just a shovel and the knowledge of how it worked. It didn't take me long to parlay my labor into a pickup truck and then get a chainsaw. Kids these days wouldn't have a clue as to how to make something like that work.

Before we got self serve, sometimes there'd be one of their pumpers that would be a DICK and chastise me for hanging up the nozzle myself. KMA was my response.
He was just doing his job. It was illegal at the time for customers to handle the equipment. He might have gotten in trouble with his manager for letting you do so. I've seen this interaction acted out a couple of times at the gas station. Gotta wonder just who is being the dick. Nothing personal.

Between the minimum wage increase over the last 5 years of around 29% and bidenomics, fast food prices have doubled. Same goes for most restaurants as well.

I'm fat enough as it is so I pack leftovers or a sandwich. About once every 2 months I'll get something for the herd, might be pizza or Chinese food. I was in a hurry the other day and grabbed a cheeseburger and fries at burgerville, it was almost 18$ and they wanted a dam tip in the drive threw! Won't be doing that again
Yeah it pisses me off that they ask for a tip in the drive through of burgerville.

Need a silver or gold colored grille…. That'll git ya in fer shizzle….
Already there, bro.

20240403_201538.jpg

He was just doing his job. It was illegal at the time for customers to handle the equipment. He might have gotten in trouble with his manager for letting you do so. I've seen this interaction acted out a couple of times at the gas station. Gotta wonder just who is being the dick. Nothing personal.
Maybe 20-30 years ago. This guy was a dick. I don't cotton to dicks anymore. And employees may be harassed, or the station owner? Not likely. That hasn't been an issue for a lot of years. I've always hung up my own nozzle when an employee wasn't around to do it. It would be stupid to stand there like a moron waiting for an overworked/busy pump jockey to come hang up the nozzle. Was that what you did when gassing up?
And, I know what a dick is when I have to deal with one.

Last Edited:
I always looked at Fast Food as a quick Luxury item.
As a Kid every dollar meant something. Back when you make 2.75HR
it mattered. Some of you may remember when Gas Prices doubled in the 70's and well
Min wage didn't. I couldn't afford gas to get to work to buy gas, umm to get to work.
So I rode my bike 6 miles to where I worked.

So now that I own everything I have, and I live 100% debt free.
Fast food is still a Luxury. I may choose this if I have no choice,
and then I try and find a Deli or something.
I am in better shape then 99% of men my age.
And I think avoiding that fast food, over drinking and smoking that many did my age.
I don't smoke, have not had a drop of alcohol in 9 years. Just by choice.
And well Fast Food, unless I am starving or its all there is.

I know it's not the healthiest choice, but I've been known to indulge in the occasional fast food binge every now and then.

Back in the day (late 90s), I could do so for a few bucks, because Burger King Whoppers were 99 cents.

I went by BK the other day for the first time in years, and - lo and behold, the Whopper is now more than $8… for just the sandwich

WOW.

View attachment 1852719
I don't eat fast food. Nor do I eat prepared grocery store food. My Native blood doesn't allow it. I swell upbad. I haven't eaten fast food in 24+years. I know! My son is 24 this year. I could tell you about the idiot, dragonfly, and a fast-food order. No sodas, HFCS, and NaCl. You are what you eat! Nutritionally speaking

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top