JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Traveling for work so stopped into a Subway yesterday. 6" sandwich, 2 cookies and a milk was $14 and change. Oh ya, when I used a card it also wanted to know if I would like to leave a tip. Sorry not happening! I waited in line inside and it took 20 minutes. Took a seat ready to fill the void and I notice the date on the milk is Best by 3-3-24. Wait a minute---today is 4-3-24---This milk is a month past sell by date. Just glad I didn't take a swig before noticing the date---that might have been an ugly mess. Took them another 5 minutes to get me another milk with the same date---DUH maybe could not read English word or date??? So I got a cup for water, took a seat and after finishing the sandwich and starting on the cookies (they suck without milk) they bring over a receipt showing a credit back to my card for the $2.49 7 oz milk. If I did the math correctly, that puts milk at $45.53 per gallon!!!! And to think some people complain about $4.00 a gallon gasoline. DOH!!!

Not just a problem with fast food but I've noticed that a lot of sit down restaurants now automatically charge an additional 18% for a large group of four people or more. I remember when a large group used to actually be large. Heck, with my wife and kids we roll six deep. There's a reason we don't hardly ever eat out unless we are traveling and don't have a choice.

I don't eat fast food. Nor do I eat prepared grocery store food. My Native blood doesn't allow it. I swell upbad. I haven't eaten fast food in 24+years. I know! My son is 24 this year. I could tell you about the idiot, dragonfly, and a fast-food order. No sodas, HFCS, and NaCl. You are what you eat! Nutritionally speaking
No NaCl is pretty extreme, you need that to live. Salt intake from only dietary sources is only considered minimally sufficient for most people, and that only because the body is fairly good at retaining salt when it is scarce. You should supplement salt in your diet (i.e. add a little salt to your food) and make sure you get as much as your body craves. If you get too much good hydration will mean your body can self regulate with basically no health impacts (so, you know, drink a lot of water too).

Salt used to get a bad rap in dietary circles, but all the studies that implicated salt as the leading cause of <whatever> (like hard arteries) have been discredited or outright debunked. Now there are only a small handful of medical issues that are recognized as needing moderated salt intake, mostly related to low functioning kidneys. Because salt is so essential to our life our bodies are actually really good at keeping proper levels, and we should give ourselves enough to work with so that our bodies do not have to scrounge (which causes its own problems).

No NaCl is pretty extreme, you need that to live. Salt intake from only dietary sources is only considered minimally sufficient for most people, and that only because the body is fairly good at retaining salt when it is scarce. You should supplement salt in your diet (i.e. add a little salt to your food) and make sure you get as much as your body craves. If you get too much good hydration will mean your body can self regulate with basically no health impacts (so, you know, drink a lot of water too).

Salt used to get a bad rap in dietary circles, but all the studies that implicated salt as the leading cause of <whatever> (like hard arteries) have been discredited or outright debunked. Now there are only a small handful of medical issues that are recognized as needing moderated salt intake, mostly related to low functioning kidneys. Because salt is so essential to our life our bodies are actually really good at keeping proper levels, and we should give ourselves enough to work with so that our bodies do not have to scrounge (which causes its own problems).
Ok but, how much salt should I put in the water when I'm boiling a lobster? I don't want to "salt their wounds" and make them scream in even more pain

Ok but, how much salt should I put in the water when I'm boiling a lobster? I don't want to "salt their wounds" and make them scream in even more pain
Have you seen a lobster? You want those ugly bastards to suffer as much as possible. Plus their suffering adds to the flavor. . . .

Have you seen a lobster? You want those ugly bastards to suffer as much as possible. Plus their suffering adds to the flavor. . . .
Lobsters just want to have fun too.

1712378972573.png

Just be glad you're not that "40 something" working at McD's as a career. I've had jobs where I made friends promise to check on me in 5 years. If I'm still working there, strangle me and put me out of my misery.

Fast food is rich people's food (literally).

While I am NOT into meals that cost a C note there is a BIG difference between that slop McD serves and "better". Some over the top wealthy people are amazingly cheap. Often due to them having gone hungry in a past life and even when VERY rich they never get over it. So if Buffett really does eat at McD I would have to guess this it why.

While I am NOT into meals that cost a C note there is a BIG difference between that slop McD serves and "better". Some over the top wealthy people are amazingly cheap. Often due to them having gone hungry in a past life and even when VERY rich they never get over it. So if Buffett really does eat at McD I would have to guess this it why.
OTOH, some got and keep their money through fiscal discipline with only rare and occasional indulgences. Buffet's an evil whack Leftist SOB, but he's disciplined enough to appreciate the value of living well below your means so you can keep more of your money working for you and do less working for it.

Just be glad you're not that "40 something" working at McD's as a career. I've had jobs where I made friends promise to check on me in 5 years. If I'm still working there, strangle me and put me out of my misery.
Way back in my youth I managed a Wendy's. When I quit for a better job everyone there kept saying how lucky I was to be leaving. The district manager wanted to do a "closing interview" with me, and I just blew her off. A closing interview? Get serious! They work the bubblegum out of you in those burger joints, and I was on salary earning peanuts per hour.

Way back in my youth I managed a Wendy's. When I quit for a better job everyone there kept saying how lucky I was to be leaving. The district manager wanted to do a "closing interview" with me, and I just blew her off. A closing interview? Get serious! They work the bubblegum out of you in those burger joints, and I was on salary earning peanuts per hour.
The only job I ever quit from they didn't ask me back for an exit interview, LOL. I spoke my mind at that dealership over the loudspeaker that connects with every speaker and phone too. Was a little awkward when I had to retrieve my last check though as it was mostly about him :D

I had a coworker who quit Wendy's and his official resignation was written in crayon with something along the lines of being tired of the female manager raping him with her big black chicken repeatedly.

I met him again years later and it turns out, he may be just a little stupid.

OTOH, some got and keep their money through fiscal discipline with only rare and occasional indulgences. Buffet's an evil whack Leftist SOB, but he's disciplined enough to appreciate the value of living well below your means so you can keep more of your money working for you and do less working for it.
Little known fact.. he tried to eat soul food once but his body rejected it.
It burns, it burns! lol

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads