JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is a smoke screen. They know it won't pass, but throw it out there to distract us or gain a compromise on universal back ground checks. The attack on the 2nd Ammendment is a well planned assault by the Obama administration. They have a game plan. They know they can't get an AWB through Congress so they are chipping away at other rights. Obama's anti gun group was in Oregon earlier this week, and now this bill gets submitted. They are hitting up the states to pass ban laws to garner support for their next assault at the Federal level. We can expect 4 more years of this.

+1 This is all a tactical move. They are looking for concessions elsewhere.

It also distracts everyone from focusing on the economy and other more important issues. The Obama machine knows exactly what it is doing and it has nothing to do with stopping more killings or lowering gun related violence.

I may have missed this, but here's a link to the OFF Automailer to email our senators and representatives. I use the term representatives rather loosely.

<broken link removed>

All Oregonians have a tax credit of up to $100 for political contributions. You can give up to $100 to a primary opponent's campaign and get it all back at tax time, even though you might not be able to vote in someone like Ginny Burdick's district election. You can support their challengers financially and it costs you nothing. I think if a few thousand gun rights proponents did that it would get their attention. 5000 x $100 = $500,000. That's a sizable campaign donation.

I hope you all remember that in three years when I start up a campaign! :-D (Cause I sure as hell can't afford to run on my own money - the economy (along with - yes -some bad business planning on my part) killed my business, so I'm working a conventional "9 to 5" now.)

I hope you all remember that in three years when I start up a campaign! :-D (Cause I sure as hell can't afford to run on my own money - the economy (along with - yes -some bad business planning on my part) killed my business, so I'm working a conventional "9 to 5" now.)

If you can't run a business, why should we give you any money?:s0112:

another alert from OFF

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Lobby - Oregon Firearms Federation
OFF ALERT 02.23.13
If you would take a moment to email them, or leave a message at their office expressing your appreciation for their past support, it would mean a lot at a time when they are the lone voices of reason in the Democratic caucus.

Senator Arnie Roblan
503 986 1409
[email protected]

Senator Betsy Johnson
503 986 1716
[email protected]

Thank you!

DO THIS!

I know from personal chat with her that Betsy appreciates being reminded of this. Haven't spoken with Mr. Roblan, but it can't hurt.

And remember what happened to the "moderate" Republicans when the Tea Party targeted them - they lost in primaries. Support the Democrats who support gun rights to make sure they don't get primaried out and replaced with anti-gun extremists. (Since most of Oregon's state house and senate districts are either "safely Republican" or "safely Democratic, it's good to keep the pro-gun Democrats in when they're in "safely Democratic" districts.)

Now I KNOW Burdick and her buddies are on drugs. From the definitions of assault weapons in the bill:

(B) Semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire or rimfire rifle with a fixed
magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

They just outlawed every Marlin 60 and other tube fed 22 in the state? THAT should get the
attention of the people that have been saying "all this doesn't affect me, I don't have any interest
in assault rifles"!!!!

DO THIS!

I know from personal chat with her that Betsy appreciates being reminded of this. Haven't spoken with Mr. Roblan, but it can't hurt.

And remember what happened to the "moderate" Republicans when the Tea Party targeted them - they lost in primaries. Support the Democrats who support gun rights to make sure they don't get primaried out and replaced with anti-gun extremists. (Since most of Oregon's state house and senate districts are either "safely Republican" or "safely Democratic, it's good to keep the pro-gun Democrats in when they're in "safely Democratic" districts.)

Just sent emails to both Senators.

I may have missed this, but here's a link to the OFF Automailer to email our senators and representatives. I use the term representatives rather loosely.

<broken link removed>

I sent emails to all State Senators & State Reps. It's important we also call & send emails WEEKLY to counter the well organized anti-gun efforts to push this bill.

We also need to alert every gun owner we know to have them send emails & call every State Senator & State Rep. We can't allow the anti-gun voices to drowned out our voices!

I got a nice e mail from Betsy Johnson this morning:
Thank you for your email. I don't disagree, and I will be opposing any additional firearms restrictions, including SB-346, SB-347 and, especially, HB-3200.

Best regards,

Betsy

Member, Democratic Gun Owners Caucus

NFA License Holder

It was a nice little surprise. Democrats who own machine guns are better than democrats who do not.

I have already responded to our law makers about this bill, my next round is going to inquiry more on how this inspection would work. Is it a scheduled visit, is it one officer unannounced, is it a SWAT team in the middle of the night? Our rights are being eroded and there is no doubt in my mind where the erosion is starting from. We have a president that comes from the Illinois political system that should tell us something.

If you can't run a business, why should we give you any money?:s0112:

Yeah, I made an "either/or" choice wrong. When the economy very first started its downward slide in early 2008, I decided to reduce spending to try to "ride out" what I was hoping would be a short-term recession. Laid off 1/3 of my employees, reduced my advertising. At that point, word-of-mouth and repeat business were my biggest lead generators. Unfortunately, repeat business declined significantly, and obviously the recession lasted a lot longer than I expected. Lots of my competitors went out of business as well, so (with hindsight being 20/20 and all,) I now know that I should have increased advertising to draw in new customers from my other going-out-of-business competitors. In the end, only the national chain competitors (plus one local) remained, all but one of the local ones went out of business.

Finally closed the doors at the end of 2010, basically selling my customer list to my last employee, who is still just barely squeaking by. Was quite successful for 10 years.

Got this from Senator Jeff Kruse.

HB 3200 may be the worst gun bill I have ever seen. It should be pointed out, however, there are other bad gun bills filed this session as well. We will do what we can to stop them all.

Sincerely

Senator Jeff Kruse

<broken link removed>

I used the automailer but received the following responses from each email I sent. Has anyone else encountered this problem with the automailer?

-----Original Message-----
To: Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 2013-02-25 00:19:30 +0000
Subject: Warning: could not send message for past 4 hours

* * ** * * *THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY * * ***
* * ** *YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE ***

The original message was received at Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:36:46 -0800
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

* *----- Transcript of session follows -----
... Deferred
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

Here is the the reply I received from Rep. Sara Gelser

Thank you for your letter about HB 3200. I am not one of the co-sponsors of the bill and I do not serve on a committee that considers gun related bills, so I have not had time to look at it carefully since it was introduced on Friday. It is my understanding that gun bills are unlikely to receive hearings this session. In the event the bill does come out of committee, I will remember your concerns as I evaluate the bill in its final format.

Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,
Sara

Representative Sara Gelser
Chair, House Education Committee
House District 16 (Corvallis/Philomath)

Proposers of such legislation need to be reminded of their duty to uphold the Constitution. Failure to do so should result in removal from office. Soap box, ballot box, and last resort cartidge box

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top