JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is a smoke screen. They know it won't pass, but throw it out there to distract us or gain a compromise on universal back ground checks. The attack on the 2nd Ammendment is a well planned assault by the Obama administration. They have a game plan. They know they can't get an AWB through Congress so they are chipping away at other rights. Obama's anti gun group was in Oregon earlier this week, and now this bill gets submitted. They are hitting up the states to pass ban laws to garner support for their next assault at the Federal level. We can expect 4 more years of this.

Please consider that this bill is not JUST about the 2nd Amendment but, also the 4th, 14th, and basic civil rights. This kind of legislation is the reason we started the revolution against England. It is inviting the government to be allowed to circumvent our justice system and basically do whatever they would like. This bill should be rejected not only on it's second amendment issues but, by ALL Oregonians about basic civil rights and the over reach of government and law enforcement power. I encourage all Oregonians to push this past a "gun issue" and point out that it blatantly allows the state police to enter and search homes under the guise of a "safety inspection".

i wonder if their (state and federal legislatures) tactic is a combination of "testing their limits" and "calling us out."

They are simply pandering to their constituency. They know it won't pass, but they want to put on a good show so they can brag about it during the next election. They think the majority of people in their districts are with them and that this will be a plus come election time.

I'm sure pandering has some part to play in it. In the long run a ban would be just as bad as universal background checks. One ban would lead to another when the first failed to achieve its stated goals, as it invariably would. In the short run universal background checks could quickly lead to registration when it was 'realized' that universal checks won't work without it. I'm not convinced it is anything more than pandering at this point, but I'm getting a little jumpy and don't want to let my guard down.

So, is everyone here learning to hate the state?

No, Americans are programmed to be gov worshipers, so they are indeed conflicted.

Just saw this proposed law on the government news. Two minutes of a gentlemen who was very articulate and saying the part where the police can just come in anytime to your home was the scariest part and this is tyrannical anti-2a garbage, etc - well done actually.

I was thinking for a minute, wow, that was fair airtime! Then, of course, it was followed up with ten minutes of interviews with shooting spree victims saying how important getting this legislation is to STOPPING these awful shootings.

Unfortunately, the majority are indeed brainless zombies and they let their gov TV do the thinking for them.

I heard a GREAT point today. We are phrasing the premise wrong. This is NOT "Gun Control" it is instead "People Control". Cause as we all KNOW, a gun is NOT the killer. it is the person behind the gun. So we fall into the gun-hater's trap when we agree that it is gun control.

They don't care about the guns. They care about controlling YOU. Cause you are the loose cannon in the room.

Sodbuster

I just sent my State Senator and Representative a strong but polite email asking them to oppose HB 3200, I also reminded them that I vote. I suggest everyone else do the same.

If you really want to get to them everyone should send them a registered letter. Imagine how much paperwork they would be buried in plus they have to sign for each and evey one. Can you say " WRITERS CRAMP " ???

national news: OREGON DRAFTS INVASIVE GUN CONTROL , BREITBART.COM, 23 FEB 2013, AUTHORED BY MARY CHASTAIN. Oregon making national news due to idiots. Heard another video through the same source above that cited that "Dixiecrats" exercised gun control and outlawed blacks from having firearms to ensure slavery and kill both blacks and republicans. [Sounds familiar to an extent; is this the reason why the City of Chicago outlaws lawful CC so law abiding blacks and whites do not have firearms? and only Democrates???].

Monnes-Anderson literally stood on my porch just before the elections and asked me for my vote. I hammered her on a number of fiscal issues. I was polite but fired up. If I see her in my hood again I'm going to have another polite conversation about this bubblegum of a bill.
Liberal scum.

God I hope this does die...I have used the auto mailer from OFF and contacted all my firearm friends to do the same.

IF...IF...this insane bill did pass...well...time to leave Oregon. How is Idaho? :) Maybe Washington!
I read somewhere that it could be re-election posturing(i.e. look what i did)or something like that.But I agree with it being time to leave if it passes.I hear Idaho is ok. Washington?Ain't what it was 25 years ago, and their new gun laws suck eggs.
Personally I'm thinking along the lines of Utah or Texas.:D

There is a deeper strategy here IMO.

First, you try to push through completely unreasonable legislation. Like this crap, that allows warrant-free searches for BS safety inspections.

You know it won't pass.

Then a couple more.

Then you offer up a real 'wimpy' compromise, a foot in the door, like a maximum amount of 10+ magazines, no registration, etc. Lawmakers think 'hey, that's not so bad' (COMPARATIVELY) and pass it. That is how these scumbags get it done. Baby steps.

I am one of the people who believe after one or two more convenient incidents the momentum will be there to pass 'something', to appease the apparent 75% who think guns are evil.

A 1994 type ban will not be acceptable to TPTB. They want more, a lot more. Legislation will be eventually written and passed for registration. You have to have registration before you go collecting.

Every day I expect to see another lone gunman to go nuts and then look like a zombie once caught, or of course, off himself.

"He was such a normal guy, I don't understand it" - the neighbor. Maybe you'd understand better if you took the time to learn about mind control and manipulation programs that have been in effect since the early 40s. MKultra, that sort of thing. Oh well, why bother. Americans are G U L L I B L E. There isn't one person here that can't be made to strut around the room and cluck like a chicken within hours of short days, let alone be set up as a patsy.

It doesn't fall under the narrow definition of treason in the state or federal Constitution.

I would support amending the OR Constitution to include something about criminalizing proposing legislation that is unconstitutional. Make legislators accountable.

It may not fall under the definition of treason, but I believe it WOULD qualify under "All enemies, foreign or domestic".
Ironic, isn't it?

another alert from OFF

Oregon's Only No Compromise Gun Lobby - Oregon Firearms Federation
OFF ALERT 02.23.13

HB 3200 Follow Up, Friendly Democrats.

As you can imagine, the news of the introduction of HB 3200, the gun ban bill, has gotten a lot of attention. Many of you may have had trouble accessing our website yesterday due to the volume of hits it was getting. Some have had a problem using our automailer.

Rest assured we are working to resolve the problem and we will do whatever is necessary to continue to serve gun owners in Oregon. We appreciate your patience and thank you for your efforts to make your voices heard.

Clearly HB3200 has struck a nerve. Many are astonished that a bill so clearly intended to be an open attack on the rights of gun owners, including their right to be free from warrantless searches, could ever be introduced in Oregon. This just proves that the people behind it are simply lying when they say they "respect the Second Amendment, but...."

Let's face it, we have our work cut out for us. While a bill this extreme would seem to have little chance of passing, anything can happen. It could be used to make the other gun restrictions seem "reasonable." It could have been thrown out there in the hopes of another mass killing to exploit. Nothing is beneath these people. Nothing. So keep contacting your legislators and be prepared for anything.

We have been informed that legislators are receiving unusually high numbers of communications IN FAVOR of this awful bill. There are indications that these may be being generated by an organization far more sophisticated than the local anti-gun groups who simply lack the ability to do something like this.

As you know, the Obama administration has made it their personal mission to pass gun restrictions locally with Joe Biden traveling the country to twist state legislators' arms. If the reports are accurate, they may well be behind it.

That's why we are asking you to do something a bit out of the ordinary.

The Oregon House has several Democratic members who support gun rights. The Oregon Senate has only two. That's right, out of 16 Democratic Oregon Senators, only two support your right to own a firearm.

As you can imagine, those two are now under unbelievable pressure from the Democratic "leadership" and the other Democrats, to fold and join the majority in attacking your rights. They need your support and encouragement. I am hoping you'll take just a moment to drop them both a short note telling them to stay strong in the face of the withering opposition they are facing.

The two are Senator Arnie Roblan and Senator Betsy Johnson.

If you would take a moment to email them, or leave a message at their office expressing your appreciation for their past support, it would mean a lot at a time when they are the lone voices of reason in the Democratic caucus.

Senator Arnie Roblan
503 986 1409
[email protected]

Senator Betsy Johnson
503 986 1716
[email protected]

Thank you!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR