JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To be fair, LaPierre did lose me when he attacked movies and video games. Attacking the first amendment in defense of the second is unacceptable, and is no better than the anti's who attack the second while supporting the first. We need them all. So I guess I could say he doesn't speak for me. That said, this video sure takes a roundabout way of saying absolutely nothing.

[video=youtube_share;gMGJiMfkmCo]http://youtu.be/gMGJiMfkmCo[/video]

Edit: Also, I think who pays a politician is a silly thing to base your vote on. If he's really a "proud defender of the second amendment" he shouldn't be so concerned with who p̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ lobbies his representatives, but how they vote on the issues he cares about. Right?

so who will you support that has as much pull as the N R A and as many members that they can boast to the congress to have any real standing????????

Nobody has as much pull, but I can't comfortably support an organization that disparages any of the Bill of Rights. How's GOA?

Edit: Please note, I didn't start this thread to start an argument about who's gun rights group is better. I mostly did to point out that the guy who made this video doesn't seem to know what he believes in, but made a video about it anyway. He is, however, someone who would have likely still been on our side if LaPierre didn't go and make us all look bad by standing up and ramming his foot in his mouth like he did.

if you want to join a organization that actually sues on a state and federal level on behalf of 2nd amendment join 2nd amendment foundation

Nobody has as much pull, but I can't comfortably support an organization that disparages any of the Bill of Rights. How's GOA?

Edit: Please note, I didn't start this thread to start an argument about who's gun rights group is better. I mostly did to point out that the guy who made this video doesn't seem to know what he believes in, but made a video about it anyway. He is, however, someone who would have likely still been on our side if LaPierre didn't go and make us all look bad by standing up and ramming his foot in his mouth like he did.

facts are facts politicians only know how to count votes and the N R A has the most voting people for gun rights, also I am not saying anything bad about goa or 2nd admemment foundation, they are very good also so why not support both or all three.
One question you should answer to yourself and that is what group have you ever been in that you agreed with everything 100% of time I dare say you do not agree even with your family 100% of the time

So the NRA has about 4.5 million members at it's highest point, National Rifle Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are 45 million gun owners (rounding down), How many gun owners are there in the United States of America

So that means NRA only has membership of roughly 10% of gun owners. Every wonder why that number is so low?

I am guessing it is not a money issue since the membership is pretty cheep and can often be gotten for free or next to it.

Here are the top 2 complaints I hear. If you are a member you get hounded with mail, email, spam, and phone calls for more money and people are tired of it. People feel like more of the $35 (one year cost) does not even cover the cost of the magazine let alone all the efforts to get more money from them. Then out of that $35 how much really goes to support gun rights? I am sure there are MANY more people that would love to be a member but do not want to be "harassed" for more money all the time.......

The other big complaint is the NRA supports "hunting" but not the 2A. People are looking for a no compromise group when it comes to the 2A and one of the things NRA has been said to stand for is "Negotiate Rights Away" based on past actions.

So while the video was odd the fact is the NRA really only represents a small portion of gun owners..........

So the NRA has about 4.5 million members at it's highest point, National Rifle Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are 45 million gun owners (rounding down), How many gun owners are there in the United States of America

So that means NRA only has membership of roughly 10% of gun owners. Every wonder why that number is so low?

I am guessing it is not a money issue since the membership is pretty cheep and can often be gotten for free or next to it.

Here are the top 2 complaints I hear. If you are a member you get hounded with mail, email, spam, and phone calls for more money and people are tired of it. People feel like more of the $35 (one year cost) does not even cover the cost of the magazine let alone all the efforts to get more money from them. Then out of that $35 how much really goes to support gun rights? I am sure there are MANY more people that would love to be a member but do not want to be "harassed" for more money all the time.......

The other big complaint is the NRA supports "hunting" but not the 2A. People are looking for a no compromise group when it comes to the 2A and one of the things NRA has been said to stand for is "Negotiate Rights Away" based on past actions.

So while the video was odd the fact is the NRA really only represents a small portion of gun owners..........

all anyone has to do is call and tell them you do not want to be solicited that will be the end of the hounding.

it may only be 10% using your numbers but how big are other pro gun org.?

its just another paid actor. i dont agree with the NRA on a lot of topics but they do represent a group of people. to deny the public stance on the NRA would be to deny the voices of all their members.

the things that I are posted are facts plain and simple, as far as the mag's go they may have a company donating their work for them (opinion)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I have no real response. That doesn't deserve one. I don't necessarily like the NRA. I haven't always agreed with them 100%, but on 2nd Amendment related issues, I'm okay with them (as well as SAF, OFF, etc.) speaking for me and my rights.

Wayne Lapiere is a corporate ladder climbing dick .have youever seen him shooting/handling firearms? it is absolutely pitiful. he has no business speaking for us as gun owners. his wife is a better shot/handler of firearms than he is!

Seriously? A Political Action Committee that gives money to politicians making an ad warning politicians not to take money from a PAC?
Reminds me of an old Hank Jr song- something about creating a coalition to ban coalitions.
No hypocrisy here.

Second Amendment Foundation is my choice - they do real work on behalf of gun owners, they are truly non-political. All they care about is gun rights. Republican, Democrat, whatever. I can't stand the NRA, they've become just a self-serving "beat our own chest and gain political power for the sole purpose of gaining more political power" organization in the past 20 years. But the SAF? Them I can support.

They all speak for me, NRA, OFF, SAF, NAGR. Especially the NRA. Politicians fear them. The '94 AWB supporters got their a$$es handed to them thanks to the NRA grading system. When training mules, you have to hit them in the head with a 2X4. Likewise politicians.

All the rhetoric about violent video games and movies is a smoke screen, misdirection. If you are trying to make a reasonable, logical argument, forget it. It doesn't work when you are dealing with an irrational, reactionary audience. Over simplification and misdirection does work. Politicians use negative, mud-slinging campaign adds that simplify and distort because they work. "Mitt Romney is bad because he ties puppies to the top of his car." Completely absurd, but effective.

"Most people would rather die than think; many do"

Bertrand Russell

I'm a new citizen. I chose to come here legally. I chose here both over Canada and Australia. I left Africa because my government had neither the means, or the will to deal with extraordinary levels of violent crime.

Instead it chose to disarm me - a lawful registered gun owner. Gun politics in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After significant detailed research, I joined the NRA.

I am a life-member of the NRA. They do indeed represent me on second amendment issues.

I am also a Prius driving, granola eating liberal, and I voted for Nelson Mandela. I also voted for Barack Obama. On 90 % of issues both were better than the other options IMHO.

Don't get me wrong. Wayne leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I will not vote for him.

However, I would rather gag a little than not support a the man chosen to preserve my 2nd amendment rights.

Seriously, Pay up NRA life dues, and vote at the next NRA election if you want change.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top