JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
both the far right and left are enemies of citizens owning firearms

idiots on both sides are ruining it for the rest of us

background checks are a no brainer, bans are stupid

leave us alone

TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT

"A troll is a supernatural being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore. In origin, troll may have been a negative synonym for a jötunn(plural jötnar), a being in Norse mythology. In Old Norse sources, beings described as trolls dwell in isolated rocks, mountains, or caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely helpful to human beings.

Later, in Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right, where they live far from human habitation, are not Christianized, and are considered dangerous to human beings. Depending on the region from which accounts of trolls stem, their appearance varies greatly; trolls may be ugly and slow-witted or look and behave exactly like human beings, with no particularly grotesque characteristic about them. Trolls are sometimes associated with particular landmarks, which at times may be explained as formed from a troll exposed to sunlight. One of the most famous elements of Scandinavian folklore, trolls are depicted in a variety of media in modern popular culture. " -Wikipedia

Sorry couldnt help it.....

both the far right and left are enemies of citizens owning firearms

idiots on both sides are ruining it for the rest of us

background checks are a no brainer, bans are stupid

leave us alone

we already have background checks for the overwhelming majority of sales so therefore they are a "no brainer"

oh, you want background checks down to the very last father-son firearms transaction and long-term listkeeping of purcahses. that is not a "no brainer" and we won't support it.

Howdy, OP here. I personally identify as a moderate liberal (but not as a Democrat) and I voted Libertarian pretty much across the board this time around (including for president). Five years ago, I was on the other side (guns are bad, mmkay), but I've since seen the light. Just looking at the data it's obvious that firearm restrictions don't do much, and affect law-abiding citizens far worse than they affect criminals. Currently, I don't believe in any restrictions at all on the types of firearms that can be owned. I'm fairly certain that, unencumbered, the Democratic party would, on the whole, make gun ownership here look like Canada's (or worse, the UK's). I'm not, however, convinced that the Republicans wouldn't (they're both owned by pretty much the same people).

Having so recently been on the other side of this debate, I can honestly say that the NRA freaks out the anti's. It's not because they stand for firearm ownership (though the anti's do find that concerning). It's because they come across as just as rabid as the far left, the far right, and any other extreme group. You know what's going to win anti's over? If they see that their people are constantly freaking out, and that the gun rights lobby is consistently calm, cool, collected and logical. Poise wins the hearts of the majority of liberals.

Also, if you have a friend who's squeamish about guns, take them shooting. If everyone in the US did that it would be a heck of a lot more effective than any amount of money given to any advocacy group.

Maybe I'll start my own group: Liberals for Gun Ownership. That would really freak out the Democrats in office.

...And make NRA (and maybe SAF) memberships a requirement.

The guy who commented on taking people shooting reminded me of a experience I had once.

I was at the range and a group next to me was shooting. One girl had never fired a gun before and was very apprehensive. She was the stereotypical California Hippy. Dreads, sun dress, patchouli oil and all.

I was watching her freak out every time she dropped the striker on a glock pistol. The guy that took her was losing his patience as he had more than one girl with him. I was shooting a ruger Mk 3 pistol and asked if she would like to shoot it, she said sure. After a few magazines she went into the range masters office and came back with a pen and paper.

She wrote down the make, model, caliber and what I paid for it. She stated she would go today and buy one for herself.

If we could expose more people to this hobby, we wouldn't have to fight these idiots as often in the government.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Well I am glad the question keeps getting dogged. I never said anything bad about the NRA, I never said the sucked, I never said they were small.

I simply asked WHY, if there are so many gun owners and activist, their numbers are so low. That simple question seems to really ruffle some feathers.

We as a should be working to figure out WHY and to help improve that %. So they are this strong at 10%. What could they do with even double (20%) that number? There are obviously reasons why the number is only 10%. Instead of being mad at me for posting it why don't we address the problem?

How many times does your question need to be answered before you're satisfied? I think WAYNO's response in post #40 sums it up nicely.

By the way, when the Hollywood elite(supporters of the First Ammendment) come out to bash the 2nd, no one says a word. When the NRA(supporters of the Second Ammendment) points the finger at the 1st, then the dullards can't believe the hypocrisy. If only that double edged sword were as blunt as the dullards I mentioned.

That 10% is a HUGE number. How many Beatles fans are in the fan club? Nowhere near 10%. Are they not the biggest rock band ever? Liberals with guns are the biggest sacks of hypocrisy in this whole mix. Those that have the audacity to support the left and then come on a site like this pretending to be 2A supporters can't have it both ways. I hate to be cliche', but you've already given up your liberty for perceived security. Please do not hinder those that wish to preserve America as it was meant to be. Kip.

So you are saying post #40 is correct then 90% of gun owners are liberals wanting to be taken care of. You make me laugh.

You are right, I will not hinder the 2A by supporting the NRA anymore. I will not let that happen again as you suggest.

I am sorry I suggested that 10% is low. I guess I do not know how math works.

I am sorry I suggested that there might be a reason for this and we would all do well to help improve it. I will stop my efforts since you have it so well under hand and know what is best for all of us..

I am confused on what rights I have given up on though.

After all that, you still don't understand that 10% is a massive number? You still don't understand that most will stand by and let others do the dirty work?

The American Revolution had about 5% participation. IT MUST HAVE BEEN A BAD IDEA THAT NO ONE COULD GET BEHIND. Actually, it's just easier to be a "patriot" after the bloods been shed, right? Nice try dodging your own BS. Don't you have legal hunters to harrass?

So you are saying post #40 is correct then 90% of gun owners are liberals wanting to be taken care of. You make me laugh.

You are right, I will not hinder the 2A by supporting the NRA anymore. I will not let that happen again as you suggest.

I am sorry I suggested that 10% is low. I guess I do not know how math works.

I am sorry I suggested that there might be a reason for this and we would all do well to help improve it. I will stop my efforts since you have it so well under hand and know what is best for all of us..

I am confused on what rights I have given up on though.

Extremist reactionary.

There you go. There's the real deal. People "just don't get it". What is it that we don't get? Push your crap on other folks who might buy it. You will get what you are looking for in a fight here. Only, now that the tables are turned, whos' being "dodgy"? Looks like the nail was hit on the head yet again.

I am looking for a fight? Exactly how did I go looking for a fight? Oh your right, I talked about improving gun rights on a gun forum.

How is it "crap" that I want more involved people? I am the one saying that we ALL need to work to get that 10% higher. You all seem to be perfectly happy with 10% so I am happy for you. Apparently the reason there is only 10% is the rest are liberals so there is nothing that can be done about that. Pretty closed mind thinking.

So go ahead and keep using your efforts to attack me instead of working on our rights.

If you can not understand that there is nothing more I can do to help you and I am done waisting my efforts on you. Sounds like you are the ones that want someone else to do everything for you.

I am looking for a fight? Exactly how did I go looking for a fight? Oh your right, I talked about improving gun rights on a gun forum...

We all have our point of view, protected by 1A. Taking about 2A on a gun forum doesn't improve gun rights. Preaching to the choir, anybody? Take somebody shooting. Charity starts at home. Start with that anti-gun cousin who has the Obama bumper sticker.

I have .22lr hardware just for such introductions. Ammo supply dwindling. I CAN find .17hmr ammo, so now that Savage vault queen has a use. They love it. It has pop with no kick. My GF says it better than sex (unfortunately).:huh:

With Friends Like The NRA ... This is a must read. I posted this about a tear ago. everybody needs to read it before joining the NRA

Good god man are you really swallowing that garbage?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top