JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hollywood types have long taken advantage of firearms in their movies to sell violience but at the same time actors and actresses have been big supporters of gun control. I think that this method of putting it back in their court is a good strategy. The more we gun owners point a finger back at hollywood the more quiet they get about gun control.

completely agree. i dont much like the NRA but when it comes to protecting my rights, they do everything they can. thats all i care about.

There is no such thing as an Army of one when we are fighting for our constitutional rights. We better learn to support those who fight for us. We don't have to like them, but the alternative and losing gun rights is far harder to bear. We don't have to like the head of the NRA, but them and SAF and a few others are all we have. So buck up, and realize we are not done yet we can bubblegum about what they do that we do not like when we rise over over that mountain. But my friends we have a long hard climb and need everyone to get to the top together! . I am not saying lets sing koombiya and hold hands, I am saying lets hold our guns and let them know we love our country!
Peace together is how we win this fight !!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. Set aside some differences or past problems for now if you have relatively mutual goals and enemies.

Don't let those enemies divide and weaken us. We've still got a fight on our hands.

I got back into shooting & guns about 2 years ago. Hadn't been involved much since the 80s. I like the way things are, or were before the panic buying.

I've got some family that are pro gun ban. The issues right now seem black or white, you're on one side or the other. I've got school age grandchildren. I don't want anything bad happening to them. But I can't see how banning semi auto guns and limiting magazine capacity is going to protect them. Then again I don't keep loaded guns around the house, I don't carry & I don't think I'll have to fight the government. So I have a hard time winning any arguements with those family members. But darn it I want to be able to buy the guns I want at a reasonable price. Me & 99.99% of gun owners are not the problem.

So after some soul searching last month I joined the NRA. Do I agree with everything they say and do? No, but they will fight for what I want. So right now they speak for me. I sent them my money. I'll get in my truck and drive to Salem for the next rally just like I did for the last two. And I'll fill out & mail that voter registation card I picked up last week. Yep, I'll vote just like the NRA tells me.

Bickering on this forum isn't going to win the fight. But for me, in my small way, joining the NRA sends the message of how I will be voting. And we could list all the anti gun politicians we don't like. But it wouldn't compare to how much the anti gun folks hate the NRA! I kind of like that. Proud to say I'm a member.

On a side note I do think the NRA needs to hire a PR firm. The ads seem totally out of touch with mainstream America.

The NRA ticks me off on a regular basis. but NO ONE even comes CLOSE to having the kind of legislative lobbying power in DC that the NRA does. Not just not in the same league, there's no one else in the same universe. GOA, JPFO and the rest do some good things, but I promise you that when the NRA lobbyists call, congressmen and Senators TAKE that call, while they'll happily blow off others.

The NRA has undergone a MASSIVE transformation over the last 30 years. It wasn't until the 80s that the NRA even started to really take an interest in gun rights per se. Uo until that time, virtually all the focus was on training, safety and hunter issues.

And that change continues to happen. This is why I'm a life member and vote. I give money to a number of organizations I support. NRA is one of them. Not because they're right all the time. -They aren't.

But because of this salient fact: We are very unlikely to get a federal gun ban or magazine ban of any kind. The NRA is the PRIMARY reason for that. -Don't kid yourselves. The NRA has more to do with stopping federal overreach on guns than anyone else. there are lots of battles to be fought and the NRA doesn't fight in all of them. But where they DO fight, they throw one Hell of a lot of weight around.

They all speak for me, NRA, OFF, SAF, NAGR. Especially the NRA. Politicians fear them. The '94 AWB supporters got their a$$es handed to them thanks to the NRA grading system. When training mules, you have to hit them in the head with a 2X4. Likewise politicians.

Had the NRA actually done a better job, we wouldn't have had the '94 AWB. We still have the same anti-gun politicians in office writing the same type of bills. Hell, one of the original sponsors is the Vice President of the United States of America. So much for getting hit with a 2x4...

We had FUDDs running the NRA in 1994, and they completely laid down with a compromise to make sure hunting rifles didn't get hit.

Related note, I donated to the OFF. At least they do something for me.

I'm a new citizen. I chose to come here legally. I chose here both over Canada and Australia. I left Africa because my government had neither the means, or the will to deal with extraordinary levels of violent crime.

Instead it chose to disarm me - a lawful registered gun owner. Gun politics in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After significant detailed research, I joined the NRA.

I am a life-member or the NRA. They do indeed represent me on second amendment issues.

I am also a Prius driving, granola eating liberal, and I voted for Nelson Mandela. I also voted for Barack Obama. On 90 % of issues both were better than the other options IMHO.

Don't get me wrong. Wayne leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I will not vote for him.

However, I would rather gag a little than not support a the man chosen to preserve my 2nd amendment rights.

Seriously, Pay up NRA life dues, and vote at the next NRA election if you want change.

:s0155: goes to show you, you wont agree with everyone 100% of the time. but I do agree with you on highlighted areas.
just like I don't agree with the NRA 100% of the time but without them this forum would probably not be taking place here and now

Had the NRA actually done a better job, we wouldn't have had the '94 AWB. We still have the same anti-gun politicians in office writing the same type of bills. Hell, one of the original sponsors is the Vice President of the United States of America. So much for getting hit with a 2x4...

We had FUDDs running the NRA in 1994, and they completely laid down with a compromise to make sure hunting rifles didn't get hit.

Related note, I donated to the OFF. At least they do something for me.

and how many more stupid gun laws along with not a awb but how about a gun ban period would be in the law books if the NRA wasn't there.

you guys will never beat this gun grab/ban what ever it turns out to be, if you dont unify

the opposition is already working you with the divide and conquer strategy...."you hunters are ok with us" so now the hunters feel comfortable and can act just like this, pointing fingers at other pro gun factions.....POINT YOUR FINGERS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION PLEASE

the other side doesnt care what points are stated & whether correct or lies JUST AS LONG AS THEY ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE AND ATTACK TO THE ENEMY....Us....frankly from an objective view they are ahead

I do not understand the folks that specifically come to a gun owners forum, and proceed to bash the NRA. Kind've like inviting yourself into a Catholic church and proceeding to let the congregation know you do not like the Pope.

WAYNO.

I do not understand the folks that specifically come to a gun owners forum, and proceed to bash the NRA. Kind've like inviting yourself into a Catholic church and proceeding to let the congregation know you do not like the Pope.

WAYNO.

Not even close. The NRA is NOT the speaker of all gun owners, just ONE of the "gun faith's". This forum is open to ALL gun owners not just the ones that believe in the NRA.

You statement would work if you said "going to a NRA form and bashing them". Even then IF people are bashing the NRA, or any other group, it seems that group would listen to the problem and see if it was fixable.

Again the simple fact is the NRA only about a 10% membership out of gun owners. There HAS to be a reason(s) for that............

Not even close. The NRA is NOT the speaker of all gun owners, just ONE of the "gun faith's". This forum is open to ALL gun owners not just the ones that believe in the NRA.

You statement would work if you said "going to a NRA form and bashing them". Even then IF people are bashing the NRA, or any other group, it seems that group would listen to the problem and see if it was fixable.

Again the simple fact is the NRA only about a 10% membership out of gun owners. There HAS to be a reason(s) for that............

Yep, there is a reason. Liberal gun owners choose to let someone else take care of them. Then, as an excuse for not taking part, they bash the folks and organizations that have kept them in guns up til now. Then, when they do lose their Rights, they'll bash organizations like the NRA, again for that.

I'm, pro-NRA, others are not. Guess neither is gonna change.

WAYNO.

your right to many crybabies don't want to call and tell the NRA to take them off the junk mail list. they would rather beach and have an excuse not to donate. they will be the ones to thank if the anti's get their way

Yep crybabies is the ONLY reason the NRA has such a low % of gun owners. Now I understand.

I did not mean to think a business (and they a business) would actually wonder why membership of such a strong group would be so low. So carry on with business as usual and push along. Nothing to see here move along folks.

Yep crybabies is the ONLY reason the NRA has such a low % of gun owners. Now I understand.

I did not mean to think a business (and they a business) would actually wonder why membership of such a strong group would be so low. So carry on with business as usual and push along. Nothing to see here move along folks.

so show me who fas a larger membership for a pro gun org.

I never said anyone had a larger group. I asked WHY the membership was so low.

Why does the NRA not have at least a 25-50% membership? For as many people that care about their rights, for as many people that write letters, for as many people that make it out the rally's why is it ONLY 10%?

so it's the largest org. and you complain it so low that is your complaint. thank you for the logic in this discussion, when you have something to put forth with a little more logic I will continue this discussion

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top