JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Forgive me Lord. For I have made polymer, a place in my heart. :s0087:

Fear not, brother. That you realize how sorely you need help shows you are not beyond redemption.

Cast out the evil plastics. They are made from oil which flows from the Evil One's infernal regions below.

Return ye to good steel clad in fine wood, as God intended and you shall live in righteousness and glory on Earth and in Heaven.

Remember . . .

Luke 15:71 ". . . there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents than over ninety-nine others who have not strayed."

Here endeth the lesson. ;)

If you haven't checked out the Forgotten Weapons channel on YouTube, it's run by Ian McCollum, who normally looks slightly less like Jesus, and does some great videos on rare, obscure or just plain interesting firearms. No connection to him, just a fan.

And lo, there walked among us men like CHLCriss, who self admitted to sinning with firearms and living deliciously among the many, evil parts and adding Picatinny rails and flashlights unto them! :rolleyes:

If the good saint browning wanted me to have a steel blessing he would have made them cheaper.

I'm doomed to be a lost soul. For my bank account doesn't allow me to live as righteous as I should.

If the good saint browning wanted me to have a steel blessing he would have made them cheaper.

I'm doomed to be a lost soul. For my bank account doesn't allow me to live as righteous as I should.

Not sure of your budget ...
But sometimes you can still find a old GI issue or other basic model gun with worn parts and slowly buy replacement issue parts to bring it back to life.

Or make friends with an older guy who has what you want and hope for best after he passes.
Just Joking about that last thought!!!! :D
Andy

Last Edited:
Here are mine:
A Colt series 70 from 1972.
This was the first handgun I shot ...
Not sure how many times my dad and I shot it when I was a kid.
Still gets used a lot to this day.
And a Pachmayr .22LR conversion unit on a GI frame.
I get that J.M. Browning may frown on the Collet and bushing set on the Series 70.
Hopefully I don't get too burned in the afterlife for this. :D
Andy
DSC06046.jpg

A few years ago I got a Rock Island 1911 brand new at my LGS for $410 out the door. It doesn't look like a Colt or a Kimber, but it doesn't look like it was built in a jungle with rocks and sticks either. And it's got the best factory trigger on a $400 gun that I've ever encountered.

There are some very good options out there brand new for a bunch less than a Colt. It doesn't have to say "Colt" on it to have been designed by JMB. However, having an old Colt 1911 is pretty darn cool.

Man has strayed from the Browning path. :s0047:

Our beloved 1911 derived from heaven.
Blessed be your aim.

Hells kingdom come.
Our guns be drawn.
We send's their souls to heaven.

Give us this day, keep down our head's.

Forgive us our duty.
As we haven't forgotten those who moved against us.

Lead us not into ambush.
But keep our heads on a swivel.

For 45 ACP is the kingdom,
the knock down power.
And the glory forever. :D

Remember the greatness that has returned you fathers, father home.
And the love He carried home to you. Deep in his duffle bag. ;)

Last Edited:
:s0161:

Oh ye of little faith! :s0123: It profits a man nothing that he trade his Browning for the world.

Harken to the (slightly updated) Word:

Luke 22:36 ". . . And let he who hath no 1911 sell his cloak and buy one."

For better to go naked, than enslaved to evil polymer!

Find your faith and your faith shall provide. :s0132:

Here endeth the lesson.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews