JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DGU data is very vague and hard to quantify but there are some some studies out there that provide at least a minimum baseline. Regardless, we know for a fact people use guns to save lives, we know for a fact the gun control lobby intentionally rejects these statistics just like they claim "gun violence". its one thing to honestly admit the data is vague, its another to reject using DGUs and while letting the opposition used just as erroneous data or statements. You seem to justify using "gun violence" and while rejecting any statistics of DGUs. Have yet to see a pro gun argument from you.
I don't justify anything - it is an easily established fact how many people are shot per year. No one debates how many people die in the US.

That label for those deaths are not the equivalent of a statistical claim. Invent a catchy phrase for the life saving nature of guns and back it up with self evident statistics and it will be our own snappy phrase that alters perceptions.

Invent a catchy phrase for the life saving nature of guns and back it up with self evident statistics and it will be our own snappy phrase that alters perceptions.
"guns save lives" is a catchy phrase. Plenty of DGU data to back it up with.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Tpb-ricky3.jpg

When attacking a forum member's position or stance on a topic....

Be careful that one does not become what one wants to destroy...so to speak.

Thread derailment , Insults , divisive comments , and overall less than excellent postings are what happens when one engages a troll.
Ignore and report the troll...is often the best answer.
Andy

To be brutally honest Id prefer at least on threads I start if forum members not insult at all or just scroll on. If you dont agree with someones opinion then agree to disagree, state why you disagree, have the conversation civilly.... In any debate when you resort to using ad homenem (insults) it means... You got nothing to support your position and lost the debate.

I personally think its great that we have gun owners on here, or anyone who is willing to ask why gun rights proponents believe what we do. This forum has a chance to make a difference and it isnt gonna happen when we demonstrate the very stereotype anti gunners label us as...

The "gun violence" term is absolutely the Jedi mind trick maneuver from the left. Another one that's been popping up a lot lately is referring to elected, as well as appointed officials, as "our leaders".… I've been seeing that proliferate more and more the last several years… Just another bit of mental conditioning

The "gun violence" term is absolutely the Jedi mind trick maneuver from the left. Another one that's been popping up a lot lately is referring to elected, as well as appointed officials, as "our leaders".… I've been seeing that proliferate more and more the last several years… Just another bit of mental conditioning
"Public servants "

I remind them every chance I get.

The people who started calling it "gun violence" yesterday are often the same people yelling "silence is violence" today...unless you are part of a violent antifa riot, in which case it is a "peaceful protest". Most of these folks don't like documenting the history of their contradictive stupidity, so I doubt there will be much official record of when things started to go down hill. But my vote is that it started with a certain apple in a certain garden and went off the cliff from there.

Violence is a act that requires one to have the willingness to engage in it.
Kinda like safety , ironically enough.

Gun violence , I also seem to remember hearing this term first in the early 90's.
But then I was a bit busy with four combat tours from 1989 , 1990/91 , 1992 and 1993....
All which featured both violence and safety.

However none of any of the above had "gun violence"....as a gun is just a gun and does nothing by itself.
A gun is not deadly , dangerous , or violent....its just a gun.
A person , if they are willing to be , can be deadly , dangerous and violent...or safe....all with gun...
Or anything else they choose.

I dislike the term gun violence and try not to use it , expect , as in the above , to explain why I don't agree with or like the term.
Andy
Guns, as everyone knows, are inanimate objects- machines, but inanimate, and unable to commit violent acts.They are, like knives, clubs, nuclear bombs, only able to cause harm in the hands of sentient, animate objects.

What gives you the idea that nothing is done with medical stuff? Is this like asserting that no Muslims denounced 9/11?

If you think medicine is bad, consider how many people die of choking. What is the NiH and FDA doing about the dangers of solid food?
Sure didnt hear of any such mohammedans, but sure saw a bunch on the news, dancing in the streets eh...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top