Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

The end is here..........

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by coctailer, Apr 2, 2010.

1. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Economy fell apart. No trucks delivering food to Safeway or WinCo.
    Martial law.
    Your workplace closed.
    Riots
    Neighbors shooting neighbors.
    Roads choked with traffic.
    Bug-out is not an option.
    Deer, squirrels, and rabbits in the area are all shot and eaten in the first few days by the non-prepped.(even those of you that live in the countryside)

Your liberal (I guess conservative also) neighbors need food.
    They know you have some stored up for emergencies.

Your children will starve in a matter of weeks if you share. They MAY survive a few months if you don't share. They will most likely die either way. Yourself included.

What do you do?

2. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Prepare the neighbors in a nice curry sauce.

3. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Board up the doors & windows downstairs w/ the 3/4" ply I have cut to fit already. Bug in & sleep in shifts w/ the wifey. She can handle my AR nicely!!

Then wait for the National Guard, whom I'm sure is '10 minutes out'

and wish that you got in those DAMNED RFB's before now! :)

4. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

This is a video of me sharing the wealth with the Piedmont area hipsters after SHTF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

5. Comunistul

Comunistul SE Portland Member

"Economy fell apart. No trucks delivering food to Safeway or WinCo." - It's fine.I don't shop there anyway :)

"Your workplace closed." - Awesome. I don't have to deal with my ***** boss. :)

"Neighbors shooting neighbors." - Not me. They know everyone in my house is a sharp shooter and I have way more guns than they do :)

"Bug-out is not an option. " - I wasn't planning on doing it anyway :)

If my calculations are right I have anough food and water to last my family for about 18 months. Hopefuly I'll find something by then.

I'm also stocked on hollow point and steel core ammo for my guns.

I have a solar generator so I can watch all my favorite dvd's on my laptop.( all over again)

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

6. simpleguy

simpleguy Clackamas Active Member

I heard a podcast that once suggested you give them a bag of dried corn. To be honest, I will be making food from scratch in much the same fashion, why shouldn't they. I'll keep the diversity for myself and give the lesser of my preps to the neighbors. It should be said though, almost all of my neighbors are my relatives. But I also believe you need to prep with this in mind.

7. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Care to share the details on this?

8. Intoodeep

Intoodeep Beaverton, OR Member

What a dick....you know how to kill a Friday night drinking buzzzzz :paranoid:

9. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

Grab the machete and double barrel. Zombies are surely around the corner.

10. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

Let me guess.

Stop by Ortwein International before it happens and stock up now? :thumbup: (j/k)

This is the best, most well defined scenario yet. I'll have to think about it.

The first step will be an up at night and sleep during the day while my one neighbor and I watch each other's back. He's old and probably tastes like pee and cigarettes if we cooked him so that's out of the plan.

11. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

You are the man Trlsmn! NICE! :thumbup::thumbup::bluelaugh:

12. Decidion

Decidion Washington county, Oregon Member

It's why I have a hopped up 4x4 and practice wheelin' it regularly. I have enough gas to easily get to my bug out property and enough guns/ammo to make sure no one takes it away. What I can't drive over/around I'll winch it or myself out of or through....

13. djm68

djm68 Portland, OR Member

I've considered pretty much the same scenario. Would I share with my neighbor? Unlikely...sorry, my family first. I would barter some food if someone had something I needed, but no I am not giving away food. Give once, they will be back for more. If we will all die, then there is not point to any of it, but I am hoping to live long enough to see things to the other side. Survival of the fittest.

I live in Portland, not downtown, but certainly urban. Kinda closed in and hard to "defend" the house when anyone can sneak up, from any direction. My wife laughed, at first, but saw the sense in my purchase: several rolls of barbed wire, more than enough to completely encircle my house several times.

BTW, my neighbors do not know I store food/guns etc...plan to keep it that way.

Cheers,
    DJM

14. Blackfeather7

Blackfeather7 Oregon Member

Whatever you do to lengthen the temporary survival of your body will have a lasting effect on the condition of your eternal soul.

15. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Sit back and hope someone tries to enter my property to rob me. They'll make good jerky.

16. GSB09

GSB09 Portland Oregon Member

That sounds just like phase three of our Supreme High Commanders economic plan. As for me I plan on visiting all my neighbors that still have "Obama" bumper stickers and taking all food and related articles into "Protective custody" Kinda like pre-emptive Policing. Let the games begin.:thumbup:

17. parallax

parallax eugene, or-gun Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Is there a safe way to prepare zombie meat for human consumption?. anyone got any good recipes?

18. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Im fairly sure i will be at work

19. spider

spider Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Hopefully my supply of fried food chain restaurant wet naps are secured and prepare to eat all the old people.

20. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

Well that's a nice cheery scenario.

My wife will have to go to work anyway (the ER will be inundated with sick people who have consumed poorly prepared rodents).

I will guard the fort, tend the garden, and exhibit behavior synonymous with someone who has bubonic plague.