JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is there a safe way to prepare zombie meat for human consumption?. anyone got any good recipes?

Nope, eating zombie flesh will not turn you, however it will definitely kill you after ingestion as it's very toxic. Rotting infected flesh is the last thing you'd want to eat, human, zombie, or otherwise. Gotta be like subway, eat fresh!
Im going to sit in my back yard and wait for the Feds to save me.
Good luck on that:s0155:

Wow, maybe a little too much thought put into this. What a way to live.

To each his own. Just don't be asking others for help if for any reason at all we have a major societal breakdown. If there is a truly major earthquake on the West Coast there are only about 3 days worth of food in grocery stores but it will be gone way faster than that. Trucks won't be able to bring more due to road and bridge damage. Most people don't have much food on hand, especially if their freezers stop working due to a power outage. Municipal water systems would quit working without power and water and sewer mains would break, mixing sewage with what water could be found. People can't live long without water and they get sick drinking dirty water.

If that happened, most people would quickly run out of food and water and there would be roving gangs trying to take what little others had.

If something like that happens, I'm prepared. I won't have to watch my wife, children or grandchildren go hungry or go without good water to drink. It doesn't take all that much or cost all that much to be prepared, so why not?

The best of luck to you if that happens, and I mean that.

I agree. Likelihood of 'Zombies' or 'Infected' is very high in these types of situations. Much more likely than say 'Vampires', 'Warewolves', or anyone from 'Twilight'.
Back to you bob.

I hope it is zombies instead of werewolves or vampires. Of course it could be something like Steven Quayle's "giants," in which case I don't have enough 12ga copper slugs. But since I think Quayle is a nutcase I'm not too worried about that. If we are lucky none of them will arrive, and we'll only have to deal with an occasional boogerman. (Ok, I realize lots of people really look forward to zombies showing up, but overall I would prefer they don't).

It doesn't take all that much or cost all that much to be prepared, so why not?

That is so true. It astonishes me that people who have the opportunity to do it do not take a few hundred dollars and prepare themselves. Seems most people would rather spend the bucks on something "necessary" (like a larger TV, or a vacation) than on something that has practical value.

FEMA recommends 1 months worth of supplies for self reliance.

CDC recommends a 3 month supply.

I don't see how discussing in a forum how to meet the governments recommended minimum falls into the category of being paranoid. Not only that but this type of stuff is the junk they dont teach you school, the online community is probably the best resource out there.

Or you could just join the herd of people heading to the local sports stadium government converted shelter... It worked great down in the Big Easy.

But lets be honest... Its the Zombie invasion we're all really worried about.

Well, just don't forget that the apostle Paul who wrote your quote was most likely later beheaded in Rome by Nero's henchman. History says the even the Christ was crucified. Millions of Christians have been martyred since that quote was written and millions more have starved to death.

I'm not making fun of your beliefs, but "needs" may not mean earthly needs there. Even the earliest Christians put up stores in the storehouse and didn't count on someone else feeding them in lean times.

I'm just trying to survive and take care of my family until the inevitable happens.

I applaud your foresight. I wish I was your neighbor!

But I didn't say I wasn't prepared. When you see the signs of what's coming, only the foolish wouldn't. We have enough food and water to last over a month, and I have a filtration system good for 500 more gallons. Also, we live on the edge of an estuary that's filled with Dungeness crab, flounders, and, depending on the time of year, Steelhead, Silvers, and Kings. I also have the means to protect my wife, myself, and our home.

And, people who don't believe the Bible will always find a way to pooh-pooh it. I wasn't inviting a debate, just stating my opinion. I could debate you, I have some great rebuttals, but it would serve no purpose.

We try and keep about 3/4 to a whole cow in the freezers, we have a ton of fire wood (50-60 cords), all the tools we would need and a lot of gunns and ammo! I actually plan to start cutting down the biggest trees I see along the road, making them into big road blocks. We have many supplies. I live a ways from town too. I am in the process of getting my "arms department" all in order, going for basic, reliable, and simple. No extra scopes or lights, just good ol' AKs, Shotguns, and Bolt Guns! Plus a couple levers too.

I have never even thought of cutting the trees down as road blocks, thats an awsome idea!! And i totally agree on the weapons. I feel like im wasting money if i get too much tactical stuff. I have tried using some attached to guns while hunting, and have found that for the vast majority of the time, a lighter/more dependable basic gun is the way to go. The more stuff you put on anything, the more likely something is to fail or go wrong when you need it most. Aks and mosins are hard to beat if you need reliability, cheap ammo, firepower, and an overall cheap price on the guns.

Knowing your environment and how to get out of it is extreamly important. I have recently moved to seattle, and the city has proven to bee much more complicated to get out of than Idaho farmland (where i came from) I dedicate every sunday to biking around and exploring all of the different back roads off of the beaten path. If any one else out there does this, try picking a destination I.E. Northgate/ the Space Needle/ Pikes/ whatever. And go in the general direction North/south/east/west until you get there. You will be surprised at how many ways there are to get into and out of these locations. And how many places are actually kinda un poplulated (good routes in this event). I have read the zombie Survival guide as im sure much of you have, hahahahah but one very good tip that i got from it is.......that in the event of a forseeen water shortage, one should immediately plug all bath tubs and fill them up with water. This may not be possible depending on the situation, but if it is possible, it is an extreamly easy way to have possibly 100s of gallons of water on hand with almost no initial effort. Im not saying that you should rely on this in a shtf situation, but it does not hurt to have in in the back of your mind when the shtf :)

Riots
Neighbors shooting neighbors.
Roads choked with traffic.
Bug-out is not an option.
Deer, squirrels, and rabbits in the area are all shot and eaten in the first few ...........

What do you mean?
Unless i'm shackled to where i'm sitting, bug-out is always an option.
You might as well throw at a broad generalization such as "survival is not an option".

my solution... Grab my B.O.B., bug out, and survive.

"Bug-out is not an option"

I take that as city-wide lockdown. either by .gov roadblocks, civilian chaos making motorized escape impossible, or a combination of martial law/city-wide anarchy.

At which point, living away from your supplies can come back and bite you.

Either, getting out of town isn't an option, or getting anywhere without the military's sights pointed at you isn't an option.

I hope it is zombies instead of werewolves or vampires. Of course it could be something like Steven Quayle's "giants," in which case I don't have enough 12ga copper slugs. But since I think Quayle is a nutcase I'm not too worried about that. If we are lucky none of them will arrive, and we'll only have to deal with an occasional boogerman. (Ok, I realize lots of people really look forward to zombies showing up, but overall I would prefer they don't).

If you want to see all the zombies you'll ever need, then hie thee to downtown Olympia :s0112:

What do you mean?
Unless i'm shackled to where i'm sitting, bug-out is always an option.
You might as well throw at a broad generalization such as "survival is not an option".

my solution... Grab my B.O.B., bug out, and survive.

Refugees generally do not survive unless they go to government handout centers. Ragnar Benson nailed it on this issue

Check the links, their not complete. Please fix so we can see.

Sorry about that, I just fixed them.. it was a cut and paste from another thread, and obviously didn't make the cut

The white guy with the beard is being protected and evacuated by the cops after a swarm of zombies attacked him as he was supporting the new law

Many of these La Raza (The Race, they plan on Reconquista) types are heavily armed, too.. scary stuff for even the most stout hearted amongst us. It's going to get ugly and I fear for the badly outnumbered AZ cops. I hope they stand strong and get real and call up the militia

Good stuff BK, i grew in Orange County CA, 1980-2000. Those videos reminded me of why i left. Mini riots, sorry, i meant "protests" like that are common. The only exception being, they are usually about 10x larger.

Back to the theme of the thread. I think the headline "The end is here" will come from TSHF in places like CA, AZ, NY and so on. I could not figure out how to protect my family and myself in that area. Bug out= imposable, Bug in= suicide. So i loaded up my truck and we moved to Ory....GUN that is, places to shoot, not as many retards :D

P.S. Mrs. PDX Lefty is a native Oregonian so I'm legal :s0155:

Lefty.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class