JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sit back and hope someone tries to enter my property to rob me. They'll make good jerky.

I keep seeing stuff like this..

But who are we kidding? We are not tasty.. Wild animals eat nice and natural foods. All most people eat is fast food, junk food or frozen food... This stuff isn't tasty to begin with, much less after it's been "processed" into the tissue of people...

Just a thought..

I have some buddies that probably taste like beer and pepperoni.

They will be highly sought after!

People that're already beer-battered?

Sit back and hope someone tries to enter my property to rob me. They'll make good jerky.

I wouldn't rob you, I'd tell people I didn't like to try it.

It isn't hard to practice a few things every week or so, or even spend a free day just driving around your town. Some easy steps:
1. Alternate Routes: If you plan on getting the heck outta Dodge or back to Base, realize that main roads will be, for the majority, useless, due to paniced people making them so. Find some "long ways" to where you're going, be it a friend's place to rescue them, your secret cashe of supplies, your bug-out area, etc. Write them down and pass em around the household so everyone's on the same page.
2. Speed-Tetris Packing/Setting up: Again, if you're getting out, you wanna get out fast. Go to any shopping center or retail area, and raid some red cardboard dumpsters, keep some boxes and tape on hand. Keep your place clean, spend a day putting things in a dump-in-box position. If you don't have that much time, say, "the Fan is on Turbo", keep your essential supplies together, wether it be in 1 spot or 4-5 spots, and pin a checklist next to the door either way. And in the opposite direction, stage your setup/deployment plan for securing your home/area.
3. Got Wood?: If you can store or tuck some away, it isn't a bad idea to have some on hand. in 2x4, plywood, or some sheet metal even. Coming from a hurricane survivor, it makes a difference. an hour with a few hammers, 16-penny nails, you can lower your entry points from a dozen to 2, or less. and, a little advice, do it on the inside, lowers the conspicuous level and some yahoo can't just pry em off. (in the event of actual bad-weather, do it on the outside, wind pressure can actually push the barricades and pull the nails out, i've seen it.)

A few tips from your local friendly crazy person. Have a nice day.

P.S. a post hole digger and some sharpened 2x4s, and you have a tried and true defensive wall used for the better part of a millenium.
Like this, only, not neon orange >.>
826.jpg

But who are we kidding? We are not tasty.. Wild animals eat nice and natural foods. All most people eat is fast food, junk food or frozen food... This stuff isn't tasty to begin with, much less after it's been "processed" into the tissue of people...

Just a thought..

Take a lesson from the Wicked Witch in Hansel and Gretel. She caged them to feed them to her liking before she was to eat them. :) I have lots of wheat and corn. :)

Just a thought..

You make an excellent point and I am sure it is quite true! This is one of the benefits of living in Portland: all the unarmed, healthy, organically fed, vegan hippies. Organic free range hippie....mmm,mmm, good! ;)

DJM

You make an excellent point and I am sure it is quite true! This is one of the benefits of living in Portland: all the unarmed, healthy, organically fed, vegan hippies. Organic free range hippie....mmm,mmm, good! ;)

DJM

Veggie fed is the best meat :)

Hey, I can just go about 10 miles S. to "Mini San Fran" Ashland, and find a lifetime supply of those types. :D

People that're already beer-battered?
2. Speed-Tetris Packing/Setting up: Again, if you're getting out, you wanna get out fast. Go to any shopping center or retail area, and raid some red cardboard dumpsters, keep some boxes and tape on hand. Keep your place clean, spend a day putting things in a dump-in-box position. If you don't have that much time, say, "the Fan is on Turbo", keep your essential supplies together, wether it be in 1 spot or 4-5 spots, and pin a checklist next to the door either way. And in the opposite direction, stage your setup/deployment plan for securing your home/area.
Better still would be playing your "3d Tetris" before-hand, pre-packing as much as you can into several boxes. Each should have items from various classes, so that if you don't have time to load everything, you can grab the "First Week", First Month", "First Quarter" packaging so you've got the most critical stuff for the timeframe. Doesn't do you any good to have the things you'll need to set up from scratch in the woods if you don't have the criticals to get you out there and hold you over while you're setting up, right?

Of course, ideally Site Prep and Onsite Caching should be done early too, but you may not be able to get to your spot and have to improvise on some other turf. With apologies to General Patton, better to roll with a flawed plan that'll buy you a chance to survive the first few weeks than wait to refine a perfect one and find someone mounting your head on a stick, right?

Economy fell apart. No trucks delivering food to Safeway or WinCo.
Martial law.
Your workplace closed.
Riots
Neighbors shooting neighbors.
Roads choked with traffic.
Bug-out is not an option.
Deer, squirrels, and rabbits in the area are all shot and eaten in the first few days by the non-prepped.(even those of you that live in the countryside)

Your liberal (I guess conservative also) neighbors need food.
They know you have some stored up for emergencies.

Your children will starve in a matter of weeks if you share. They MAY survive a few months if you don't share. They will most likely die either way. Yourself included.

What do you do?

All this because the tranny went out on your Mercedes? :s0131:

:s0112:

Economy fell apart.
No trucks delivering food to Safeway or WinCo.
Martial law.

About this time, maybe 1 step sooner. We are out of Portland. Even if we cant take 1/4 of our stuff. Its better to be on the outside of this city looking in instead of being smack dab in the middle wishing we would have left sooner.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews