JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like he's an excellent instructor, a poor businessman and a bubblegumty human being.
Ya know... I don't ever recall him teaching a class per se. In the Bakersfield days he'd pop in on a class and help out. Chuck Taylor, the first 4-Weapon Combat Master and noted gun author/expert, was the "Celebrity" instructor at first and he would wander around the various classes. Naish, a 4-Weapon Combat Master himself would give the lunch lectures on useful stuff like what to expect after a shooting incident and how to deal with the police and such. These were seriously important things that I and most other 1st timers hadn't thought about prior to these classes. In late 1997, IIRC, Taylor & Suarez attempted to take over Front Sight, and they and a lot of the original instructors got canned or left with Taylor. I think that was when Front Sight got Brad Ackman from Jeff Cooper's Gun Site. To be honest, I thought the classes were better at that point. Naish moved the classes to the 5 Dogs range north of Bakersfield, which is where I took the bulk of my classes. Again Naish would drop by on classes, keeping an eye on things and helping out if needed. Once they moved to Pahrump, I never saw him on a firing line again.

I don't think this should surprise anyone. You can't run a business like this. I bought a membership for $18 off of ebay and went down several times. I enjoyed the training. Handgun, shotgun, situational awareness, armorer's classes...I thought they were well done and well taught. But....it was obvious it was a deck of cards and destined to collapse. Too much going out in expenditures and too little coming in. The "resort" that was being build was nothing more than a dirt road for many years...Piazza comes across like a snake oil salesman, but I had no issues with FS or it's training.

Just saw this posted on FB, although they did not quote their source:
"
COURT CASES UPDATE FOR Front Sight in Nevada and California:
Nevada Court Case: Front Sight will need to Post a Bond "To Be Determined" of not less than $8 Million Dollars and could be as high as $16 Million Dollars in order for a Stay of Foreclosure on Front Sight. The Judge is currently determining the Exact Amount.
California Case of "Doxing" Lawsuit brought on in San Diego County in California against Dr. Piazza (Front Sight) by Robert Dziubla et. al have tentatively ruled for Robert Dziubla according to sources and that Oral Arguments made yesterday February 10th that the Judge will rule a Final Order for Mr. Dziubla."

Last Edited:
Just saw this posted on FB, although they did no quote their source:
"
COURT CASES UPDATE FOR Front Sight in Nevada and California:
Nevada Court Case: Front Sight will need to Post a Bond "To Be Determined" of not less than $8 Million Dollars and could be as high as $16 Million Dollars in order for a Stay of Foreclosure on Front Sight. The Judge is currently determining the Exact Amount.
California Case of "Doxing" Lawsuit brought on in San Diego County in California against Dr. Piazza (Front Sight) by Robert Dziubla et. al have tentatively ruled for Robert Dziubla according to sources and that Oral Arguments made yesterday February 10th that the Judge will rule a Final Order for Mr. Dziubla."
I rule that only medical doctors be referred to as such and those insisting otherwise be kicked in the crotch.

There are so many developments happening with this debacle that it's literally changing every day.

Reports on the Facebook Lawsuit Group from people who are at Front Sight right now say it's business as usual at this time.

On the legal front, it appears that this "restructuring" may in direct relation to lawsuits that Iggy is fighting right now that may see Front Sight drawn into receivership. I actually hope it happens. I hope they guy loses FS and it goes into the hands of someone who will run the place like an actual business and not an f-ing Ponzi scheme.

Thanks for the updates @Ironbar . So, Gun Guy has been banned from the property for rude communications in spite of his lifetime membership. The hits just keep coming with this place. I understand and appreciate how difficult it is to keep the doors open at a firearms training facility or even range in this day and age, but when you are scheming behind the scenes it's going to be more difficult.

Thanks for the updates @Ironbar . So, Gun Guy has been banned from the property for rude communications in spite of his lifetime membership. The hits just keep coming with this place. I understand and appreciate how difficult it is to keep the doors open at a firearms training facility or even range in this day and age, but when you are scheming behind the scenes it's going to be more difficult.
His "rude" statement was that they couldn't alter the contract without his agreement, and if they tried he would sue them. That's hardly rude. If anything, it's a more than fair warning.

As things stand, there have been many people who have received their "banning" letter along with refund checks. The word on the FS Lawsuit group on Facebook is to add special wording on the endorsed check so as to still be able to recover for damages when the lawsuit does happen.

Word also is that chances are that Front Sight will be going into foreclosure. Old Iggy P has an upcoming court date on March 4th, and quite frankly we're all sort of hoping it does happen so he will be forced to sell off Front Sight to someone who will run it like a legitimate business and not a massive Ponzi scheme.

adding additional wording on the check may or may not work, depends on the state you are in. If Piazza loses FS there probably won't be any money to recover anyway. But never hurts to add the wording. What would be interesting would be if he writes "payment in full" on the checks.

As things stand, there have been many people who have received their "banning" letter along with refund checks. The word on the FS Lawsuit group on Facebook is to add special wording on the endorsed check so as to still be able to recover for damages when the lawsuit does happen.

Word also is that chances are that Front Sight will be going into foreclosure. Old Iggy P has an upcoming court date on March 4th, and quite frankly we're all sort of hoping it does happen so he will be forced to sell off Front Sight to someone who will run it like a legitimate business and not a massive Ponzi scheme.
I doubt that anyone wants to take on thousands of members who never have to pay for a class. This whole affair will be an ugly mess if/when Front Sight implodes.

Well, it looks like I too have been officially banned from Front Sight. I can no longer log in to my account. I expect I'll get my banning letter soon.

There are so many developments happening with this debacle that it's literally changing every day.

Reports on the Facebook Lawsuit Group from people who are at Front Sight right now say it's business as usual at this time.

On the legal front, it appears that this "restructuring" may in direct relation to lawsuits that Iggy is fighting right now that may see Front Sight drawn into receivership. I actually hope it happens. I hope they guy loses FS and it goes into the hands of someone who will run the place like an actual business and not an f-ing Ponzi scheme.
Safe bet that the real estate is more valuable than what's on it, BlackRock prolly wants to turn it into condos or something. A receivership usually means there's a fiduciary duty to maximize the recovery to the creditors even if it means tearing everything apart, and you ain't gonna outbid a Bond Villain Wannabe who has more capital than many entire countries at his command.

Safe bet that the real estate is more valuable than what's on it, BlackRock prolly wants to turn it into condos or something. A receivership usually means there's a fiduciary duty to maximize the recovery to the creditors even if it means tearing everything apart, and you ain't gonna outbid a Bond Villain Wannabe who has more capital than many entire countries at his command.
Not sure how valuable the land is out there. It's really out in nowhere land. Unless the area has changed since the last time I was there.:s0092:

Pahrump and environs sits on a massive aquifer.
If that aquifer extends out to the FS property, that land is very valuable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top