JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hard to believe this is from the NYT:
WASHINGTON — Shaken and angry, Republican members of Congress seized on the brazen daytime shooting of their colleagues on Wednesday to demand that existing restrictions on gun access be loosened so that people facing similar attacks are able to defend themselves.

Past shootings have brought calls for more gun control, especially for restrictions on the kind of rifle used in Wednesday's attack. But the ardent supporters of gun rights who came under fire this time were not about to change their views.

As Representative Steve Scalise, the third-ranking House Republican, had surgery for a gunshot wound to the hip, his colleagues complained that Washington's restrictive gun laws had barred him and other lawmakers who live in the capital from bringing weapons to the baseball practice in Alexandria, Va.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/...ws-alexandria-virginia-baseball-shooting.html

You could like or own any gun you want ... Or even not own a gun.
The right bear arms is your choice , not to be taken away , limited or made for you , by someone else.
Seems simple .... maybe I'm too simple?...
Andy

Most of my family live in Washington now, but I haven't had any interest in moving there. Maybe if Andy becomes Governor, I would actually consider it :rolleyes:

That is a intriguing idea ... But I have no experience in public office.
I'd like to think I'd run on common sense , logic, understanding and what the Bill of Rights has to say...
Andy

Well there you go - thinking with logic and reason - you're no longer qualified to hold political office :(

That is a intriguing idea ... But I have no experience in public office.
I'd like to think I'd run on common sense , logic, understanding and what the Bill of Rights has to say...
Andy
You're like Trump only without the - whatever that is. :rolleyes: :D As an outsider with common sense and a natural ability to get along with people, you seem like a great choice.

Well maybe ... but I would go all the way on an issue that was important enough to come to my attention.
Hence the Lock , Stock and Barrel ... All of the rifle as it were.
Could be worse ... I might end up as a "Flash in the Pan" :eek::D
Andy

I'll bet only people on this forum, and perhaps a small number even in that really know the origin of that phrase.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top