JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll bet only people on this forum, and perhaps a small number even in that really know the origin of that phrase.

Many years ago an acquaintance was showing me his new muzzle loader, and the phrase "lock, stock, and barrel" came to mind. For a second I felt clever when I realized that's what that meant.

My interest in firearms is rather eclectic, and my tastes have varied over the years. I've had cap and ball revolvers for a number of years but just got my first flintlock a couple years ago. It really is a lot of fun!

Back to the original topic (sort of), a coworker and I were talking guns a while back and he made the comment that though he realizes that gun control doesn't work, he does wish that guns had never been invented. I somewhat sarcastically said "Hey, imagine how peaceful the world would be without guns. No wars, no killing, no violence or hate."

He looked at me defensively and said "Yeah, what's wrong with that?!" I said "Just Like the thousands of years of recorded human history before the invention of firearms? People weren't killing each other by the millions with arrows, swords, rocks, and fists?"

It's people, man. People are CRAZY.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnddddddddd yet again good guys/gals with guns stop a bad guy with a gun. Well, it is a good bet pols won't be soft targets anymore for terrorists like this Bernie clown.

Hate to say it, but expect Antifas to be the next bunch trying to shoot conservatives.

Brutus Out

Hate to say it, but expect Antifas to be the next bunch trying to shoot conservatives.
The only question in my mind on that one has been not if it would happen but when.

My big worry is, once we adapt to their tactics and start "stopping the party right when it starts," how long it's going to take for them to go from that to borrowing from the PLO/Hamas/Hezbollah playbook and graduating to suicide bombings...

The only question in my mind on that one has been not if it would happen but when.

My big worry is, once we adapt to their tactics and start "stopping the party right when it starts," how long it's going to take for them to go from that to borrowing from the PLO/Hamas/Hezbollah playbook and graduating to suicide bombings...

I don't think they have the ideological cojones to do big booms. Life is too comfortable for them when they aren't getting paid to be disruptive. Note they tend to melt like, well, snowflakes when riot cops force them to retreat. It is only the marshmallow leftist pols in the "sanctuary" cities and colleges that say stand down to LEOs that allow these scum to get any traction.

Brutus out

Brutus, most of 'em don't, you're absolutely right about that. However, there are a handful of absolutely frightening True Believers that I could see doing it... double scary is they won't give you the courtesy of a couple seconds' warning via "Aloha Snackbar" to preempt like jihadists do.

Brutus, most of 'em don't, you're absolutely right about that. However, there are a handful of absolutely frightening True Believers that I could see doing it... double scary is they won't give you the courtesy of a couple seconds' warning via "Aloha Snackbar" to preempt like jihadists do.
Wouldn't be the first time an American born radical leftist blew up a building with people in it on U.S. soil.

I don't think they have the ideological cojones to do big booms. Life is too comfortable for them when they aren't getting paid to be disruptive. Note they tend to melt like, well, snowflakes when riot cops force them to retreat. It is only the marshmallow leftist pols in the "sanctuary" cities and colleges that say stand down to LEOs that allow these scum to get any traction.

Brutus out

These fools remind me of hemorrhoids. They are most painful when they are inflamed and engorged with blood. They are much like San Francisco speed bumps. (These are often at their worst in extremely dark places where most other men have yet to go). :p

These fools remind me of hemorrhoids. They are most painful when they are inflamed and engorged with blood. They are much like San Francisco speed bumps. (These are often at their worst in extremely dark places where most other men have yet to go). :p
You WANT me to barf my Five Guys greaseburger down your shirt, don't you? :p

Well, it is a good bet pols won't be soft targets anymore for terrorists like this Bernie clown.

Actually, the pols are busy falling all over themselves (or is it fawning) saying the don't need or want more protection, and they certainly don't want to own or carry. Except for one guy.

The "93 Million" comment is probably a misspeak on his part and likely comes from the data point that has been communicated that 93 people are killed each day due to gun violence. The overwhelming majority of these are suicides, of course. But never let the truth get in the way of a good story. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As a gun toting liberal Bernie supporter, I don't condone this guys actions at all. And neither do 99.9% of us. Just like 99.9% of Republicans don't condone violence against immigrants, brown people, gays, women or liberal politicians. The problem is hardly political affiliation, what the guy called himself is irrelevant, he was a nut job, just like any other terrorist.

I seriously doubt the AR market will be effected much, prices have been falling for years since Rep. Giffords was shot. I don't see how this is all that different. There were even the same baseless claims that the opposite party was to blame for instigating the violence, but nothing much came of it, because the guy was just a nut job, a stalwart product of modern American culture.

He was a mainstream liberal given his social media accounts. This is due to the actions by the media and dems for the past six months. Its on them. A stalwart product of modern American media culture producing plays in the park inserting a sitting president in the place of Caesar or severed head photos. Endless talk of impeachment and collusion with Russian hackers with no proof. It was sadly inevitable. Add the actions of the antifa types and others on top of the media and you have a storm brewing.

I too doubt the market will be impacted much simply because many people want this to go away for many different reasons.

The "93 Million" comment is probably a misspeak on his part and likely comes from the data point that has been communicated that 93 people are killed each day due to gun violence. The overwhelming majority of these are suicides, of course. But never let the truth get in the way of a good story. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Let people kill themselves how ever they want... although you better get it done the first try with a gun.

He was a mainstream liberal given his social media accounts. This is due to the actions by the media and dems for the past six months. Its on them. A stalwart product of modern American media culture producing plays in the park inserting a sitting president in the place of Caesar or severed head photos. Endless talk of impeachment and collusion with Russian hackers with no proof. It was sadly inevitable. Add the actions of the antifa types and others on top of the media and you have a storm brewing.

I too doubt the market will be impacted much simply because many people want this to go away for many different reasons.
It's whoever promotes violence as the solution to conflict or disagreement.

Let people kill themselves how ever they want... although you better get it done the first try with a gun.
In high school a police officer one spoke to my class about a teenager who committed suicide with a shotgun. He shot himself in the mouth, but it didn't kill him right away and he suffered a pretty long time considering.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews