JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reasonable infringements! :s0155:

.Gov creates Fees as a easier to swallow term for TAX, and a TAX on a RIGHT isn't a right at all! Forcing compliance on a .gov mandate given force of law with out constitutional review seems to the way of things, after 1934 NFA went live, we got the screw, and worse, when GCA 1968 went live, we got more .gov mandated law, enforced by an illegal agency never chartered by Congress and approved of by WE the People! So, the real, question is, WHY has none of this ever been challenged in our top Court? And further more, why does our top court continue to refuse to hear a strong 2nd case? Is it because the politics of the times do not align with such an inevitable outcome, or are they afraid a true and accurate ruling on the 2nd would open Pandora's box-O-Freedom we have always had, but have been denied since the first real infringement in 1934!
Spoken like a gentleman and a scholar!

In Oregon, if I wish to buy a $500 pistol or rifle and openly carry it, my cost is $510 and done. Anything else, including ammunition, storage and licensing is an optional, elected expense. Yes, even holsters are legally optional.

Do I agree that there should be licensing and fees? No I don't. But I don't make the rules and, frankly, a day shooting my rifles will always, ALWAYS cost me more than any required documents. All in perspective.

In Oregon, if I wish to buy a $500 pistol or rifle and openly carry it, my cost is $510 and done. Anything else, including ammunition, storage and licensing is an optional, elected expense. Yes, even holsters are legally optional.

Do I agree that there should be licensing and fees? No I don't. But I don't make the rules and, frankly, a day shooting my rifles will always, ALWAYS cost me more than any required documents. All in perspective.
I understand. So is gun ownership the strict domain of those that are willing to pay the extortion to be allowed to do it?

This gets beat up a lot with different approaches but it all comes down the same way. The vast majority of gun owners long ago decided the Second Amendment is not a right like the first or fourth. Most feel 2A is a right for them, but a privilege for everyone else. Until some new law steps on them. Then they scream it's a right. Well they long ago told law makers they feel it's a privilege. Once the gun owners made it clear to law makers they felt 2A was a privilege they opened the pandora's box. Law makers just keep passing more and more laws since it's not a right, 2A is a privilege:s0054:.

I understand. So is gun ownership the strict domain of those that are willing to pay the extortion to be allowed to do it?
No? I'm not sure how I suggested it is? Nobody is saying you can't own and carry a gun, theoretically for free, even. I really don't see ownership as being forcibly expensive. I do think there are a lot of expenses that come with responsible ownership. I'll state again how I don't think it's right to charge fees and I also don't think the fees are insurmountable.

Safe storage laws are unconstitutional and it would seem that notion will be struck down by the supreme court the first time it gets there. If someone can dictate how you must store your firearms they are most definitely infringing on your ability to bear them.

Open carry is legal in Washinngton.
Only problem with open carry, many cities and counties have made it illegal to open carry!

And there is also the public image of open carry, lots of Karen's and Ken's to blow things way out of proportion just to make their point and make themselves feel better about being them!

As far as the safe storage thing is concerned, I must say that the front door of my house constitutes "safe storage" the whole rule about "safe storage" is born on the precept that that law deems your house open to burglary. For me, that was a huge red flag, we should have a reasonable expectation, that our locked car or home is safe enough for ANYTHING.

Anyways, the way the "safe storage" laws are written, it is a very far-fetched thing that is unlikely to be used against the average person. Sucks that it is on the books, but I don't know anyone in WA state that is a gun owner who doesn't leave a few guns laying around the house.

Getting "screwed" by society isn't unique to gun ownership. Just look at vehicle owners. The taxes, fees, insurance just keep going up. Why does the insurance go up? Because more and more people are driving high these days due to liberal drug laws and crashing into Audi's and breaking their $2000 LED headlights.
Why is registration going up? Because gov't can't keep their own costs in check so they pass the burden of largess onto us.
Or, how about Seattle PD backs down from Antifa but the SPD motorcycle cops will be all over your a5s in a second for going 4 over?

Safe storage laws are unconstitutional and it would seem that notion will be struck down by the supreme court the first time it gets there. If someone can dictate how you must store your firearms they are most definitely infringing on your ability to bear them.
You assume we can get a 5-4 on a SCOTUS where the Chief Justice has suddenly decided he's Earl Warren back from Hell...

Open carry is legal in Washinngton.
Yes it is but I'm trying to make a point about having to pay fees to carry concealed. I'm a lot more comfortable carrying concealed and I suspect most folks
This gets beat up a lot with different approaches but it all comes down the same way. The vast majority of gun owners long ago decided the Second Amendment is not a right like the first or fourth. Most feel 2A is a right for them, but a privilege for everyone else. Until some new law steps on them. Then they scream it's a right. Well they long ago told law makers they feel it's a privilege. Once the gun owners made it clear to law makers they felt 2A was a privilege they opened the pandora's box. Law makers just keep passing more and more laws since it's not a right, 2A is a privilege:s0054:.
Actually, the Supreme Court of these United States has affirmed in Two decisions that the 2nd Amendment is a Constitutional Right. All Ten Amendments were included in the Constitution to protect individuals fro a central government overreach. Hope this helps.

Only problem with open carry, many cities and counties have made it illegal to open carry!

And there is also the public image of open carry, lots of Karen's and Ken's to blow things way out of proportion just to make their point and make themselves feel better about being them!

We always get a bad rap from the snowflakes.

I for one DGOS if someone wets their panties from the sight on my gun, grow a pair you Ken's!!!:mad:

You sir DO make the laws! It is your representatives to state and federal gov't. that bring the VOX POPULI to the ear of the Congress.

Please edify me and remind me of which counties in our state and which cities prohibit the open carrying of a firearm?

I agree, however it has been my choice to always store my blunderbuss in a locked gun safe. The gov't. at any level may not require you to do anything unless they provide for it or actually provide it. I know you'll remind me of Mr. Obongo's executive order concerning mandatory health insurance. The jury is still out on parts of that that weren't adjudicated.

Please edify me and remind me of which counties in our state and which cities prohibit the open carrying of a firearm?
Honestly, I don't know, I currently reside in both Or and Co, and can provide those answers easy enough! I'm sure King County didn't allow it, or has such restrictions as it has to be un loaded, can't have a standard high capacity magazine, can't have it with the gun, ECT ECT ECT!

You sir DO make the laws! It is your representatives to state and federal gov't. that bring the VOX POPULI to the ear of the Congress.
No I don't. I put in my vote and my candidate nearly never wins. Besides, they do what they want despite what their people want. The house of cards, game of thrones, whatever. They're nearly all lying scum.

Honestly, I don't know, I currently reside in both Or and Co, and can provide those answers easy enough! I'm sure King County didn't allow it, or has such restrictions as it has to be un loaded, can't have a standard high capacity magazine, can't have it with the gun, ECT ECT ECT!
I believe that the answer is ...........none. But that isn't to say that they will protect your right to do so. I give you the most recent example of the incident in downtown Seattle where citizens of the new country of CHOPS were seen carrying all sorts of firearms and explosives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top