JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm really itching to get myself a rifle from the first half of the 20th century. But I'm also not made of money and would like to be able to actually shoot it without breaking the bank too hard. My dream would be a No. 4 Lee-Enfield, but .303 British ain't cheap. Plus, finding a good No. 4 at a reasonable price is not easy these days. And sure, there are Ishapore 2A & 2A1 Lees that shoot 7.62 NATO. But they're based on the SMLE Mk III, which I'm less interested in.

Crossing the Atlantic, I would love, love, love an M1 carbine and they're reasonably cheap to shoot. But holy hell, M1 prices have gone nuts over the last few years! Garands even more so. (Plus I just don't enjoy shooting .30-06.)

So aside from those, if you were making the choice, which rifles and calibers would you look at?
Mosin, nuff said, super cheap, hours of family fun cleaning off the WW2 cosmo, you can still buy cheap spam can ammo, on the plus side, MOA barn door lololol, I love plinking with my mosin.

Get the rifle you want, and learn to reload. Best investment you can make. Only thing better than shooting your favorite milsurp rifle is shooting it more, for the same price.

Mosin, nuff said, super cheap, hours of family fun cleaning off the WW2 cosmo, you can still buy cheap spam can ammo, on the plus side, MOA barn door lololol, I love plinking with my mosin.
Yeah, I have to agree here.
In another post, someone extolled the "unsung gem" that is the M96 Swedish Mauser.
I did a comparison, using Gun Broker.
M96's started at $206 and there were several at that price.
I found FOURTEEN (14) Mosin Nagant's that were under $200 (and I'm counting the one priced at $199.99 as a "$200 gun").
Price-wise, I think the winner is obvious.

Yeah, I have to agree here.
In another post, someone extolled the "unsung gem" that is the M96 Swedish Mauser.
I did a comparison, using Gun Broker.
M96's started at $206 and there were several at that price.
I found FOURTEEN (14) Mosin Nagant's that were under $200 (and I'm counting the one priced at $199.99 as a "$200 gun").
Price-wise, I think the winner is obvious.
yeah the M96 is awesome rifle, but the cost of ammo is still pretty high, great rifles though.

I know huh, it seems like only 5 yrs ago you could buy reman 9mm for about 8 cents a round/no tax/and free shipping, what has happened to our country lololol, oh yeah that's right.
I was thinking more along the lines of a box of .30-30 Super X's for $2.99, during the week of deer season opening up, but yeah.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top