JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish we could pull the year-old IP43 stickies at the top of this thread.
It's embarrassing they're still up.

It's a new year and we have new threats on the horizion we need to be mobilizing to fight.
- IP16, the rebirth of IP43
- SB501, the infamous "20 rounds per month etc" bill
- HB2251, Kate Brown's attack on the RKBA​

Let's replace the old stickies on this subforum and start mobilizing to counter these new threats.
Does that mean we have to start from scratch? Why reinvent the wheel, as they say? Last year Jo Rae Perkins, candidate for Congress, proposed an amendment to the Oregon Constitution which would have prevented IP 43 and similar legislation, including IP 16 (same threat, new name). It seemed a worthwhile effort, but apparently went no where. It's value did not cease just because IP 43 died.

Apparently Ms. Perkins' interest waned when her campaign failed. Perhaps @tiggers97 is right, it may have been just a vehicle for the campaign. But, it seems to me to be a valuable idea.

Lift Every Voice Oregon swore that if the Oregon Legislature doesn't pass an "assault weapon" and "large capacity" magazine ban similar to IP 43 they will put this on the 2020 ballot, and it would likely pass in blue Oregon. This is their Plan B.

I hate to say it, but it would almost be better if the Legislature passed a toned-down "assault weapon" ban to keep IP 16 from getting on the ballot, because IP 16 would surely be even worse. The lesser of two evils. Being hung instead of being drawn and quartered.

Or...

They could go with a two-pronged approach in an election year like CA did (2016) where they had both the legislature (7 bills, in total) *plus* the ballot initiative (Prop63). They were even in cahoots on it, with verbiage in both that mentioned the other (ie. "if Prop63 passes, then do what it says, and if not then this bill is effective"). Heads/Heads coin-toss.

I hate to say it, but it would almost be better if the Legislature passed a toned-down "assault weapon" ban to keep IP 16 from getting on the ballot, because IP 16 would surely be even worse.

That's gonna be a "no" from me, dawg.

Article 1, Section 27 of the Oregon Constitution states: "The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.]"

Unless these days we throw that out the window because it's attackers, and the threat at large, seem too strong. Big meanies!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top